Gaming Mario Kart Trainer/Cheat Patch

BUMP THAT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking it would be nice to get a trainer or similar for Mario Kart. Anybody know where one is at? I have a Super Card MiniSD.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you notice the trainers are for 2d heavy games which if I am not mistaken is all that emulation is up to right now. MK is 3D pretty much throughout so...

Saying this I seem to recall all the internals are given nice names (tracks, characters, karts etc.) so with NDSTool and a clever bit of renaming a hacked rom might be doable.
I have yet to try this though and I have neglected NSMB hacking for a little while now so I will probably do some more of that instead of playing around with this.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nahh.....its just so lame to use other peoples save..if you lost your own.Ok ... but to get 3 stars after your name for wifi in mario kart or somethin... because you used other peoples saves.... blegg.

BUMP THAT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I have everything beaten.
smile.gif
I play online fairly and always will. I just wanted a cheat for items so I screw around to create more fun on Mario Kart.

However, I do agree w/XeNoGeaR, how people cheat so much, especially online, I hate it!

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've never seen anyone cheat on MK online. I've even seen far less disconectors as of lately, so I'd say the situation's largely improved. People cheating online would add a bit of challenge.
Remember, it's not just about the items...

Oh, and that 3-star business is rubbish. I see many people own me without stars by their names, and I haven't seen anyone with 3 stars in front of me for so long that it's just a ridiculous and senseless decoration. In fact, almost everytime I see a *** player, I snicker and ask myself how humiliated he'll be once the race is over >:]

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is off topic, but someone mentioned getting stars.

How exactly does it determine what ranking you get in Grand Prix mode?

Do the rankings go F, E, D, C, B, A, Star x 1, Star x 2, Star x 3?

I've gotten 40 points in a Grand Prix and I only get an A ranking.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is done on an overall time for the cup basis so that lovely thing where 5 blue shells and a lightening happen on the last lap does have an effect.

Oh and I took a look at MK under NDSTool despite what I said earlier but I forgot the cardinal rule of tweaking things and changed a whole lot at once so I am unsure what caused the rom to crash.
I will regain some common sense and try again.

While I still play MK over local connection a lot (on varying selections of flashcarts flashme modified DS' and real carts no less) I say bring on Diddy Kong.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is done on an overall time for the cup basis so that lovely thing where 5 blue shells and a lightening happen on the last lap does have an effect.

Oh and I took a look at MK under NDSTool despite what I said earlier but I forgot the cardinal rule of tweaking things and changed a whole lot at once so I am unsure what caused the rom to crash.
I will regain some common sense and try again.

While I still play MK over local connection a lot (on varying selections of flashcarts flashme modified DS' and real carts no less) I say bring on Diddy Kong.

Thanks. Is there a listing of overall cup times to get certain rankings anywhere?

Also, is the play prohibited tracks over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection still around? I heard awhile ago there was a version released that worked with the Mario Kart ROM on a flashcard without having to use the original game in a passme. Did Nintendo ever ban anyone for it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a list somewhere I think but I can not recall where at all, but some advice to getting the stars: come back and try later when you have some slightly better characters and karts and do not let up even if you are half a track ahead.

The hack should still be around (FWNitro even had it built in if I recall), there was a patched version of the rom released that was patched to run on generic flashcarts. The orginal game bit refers to when you sometimes had to have a DS cart of the right save type to get the rom to work/save.
Thread regarding the online hacks: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=28907

As far as I am aware nobody has been kicked from wifi for using a patched rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...