Gaming Mario Kart - Suspicious (cheat?) happenings online

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any of you seen anything fishy while racing Mario Kart online? Until tonight I thought it was pretty much cheat-proof, except for the maka wuhu glitch of course. But I got into a group tonight where one player from Japan whose name (written in hiragana - I read japanese at an elementary level) was Shimizu Teppei. He had over 15,000VR !!, and won about 8 out of the 10 or so races I was in with him. I held my own pretty well through this, took 1st place once, and in fact was in 1st place for many of the races right up until the end. That's when Shimizu Teppei would suddenly appear from nowhere. I don't mean he'd fly in from overhead or slip in from making use of a shortcut -- I mean he would literally appear from nowhere, suddenly popping from the middle or rear of the pack up to right in front of me and in the lead. I was able to notice once that the same thing was shown happening on the lower screen map too. The first couple times I saw this I thought maybe it was just a communication lag and the system was correcting itself and putting him where he was supposed to be. But it happened lots of times, always right near the end of the race (less than 5 seconds to go), and it was always Shimizu Teppei.

Thoughts? I'm gonna forget about it cuz this is the only time I've seen something like this. But I've been playing the game a while now and there was something definitely not normal about Shimizu Teppei's success.

Reactions: 1 person

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was probably just lag, as the 3DS hasn't even been hacked yet. I've been in situations where I finish in 4th but somehow get 7th because of major lag on another person's part. Also, many Japanese(not trying to be racist here) have a large amount of VR because they have had the game longer than us, or play more often. People have already gotten the Gold Glider, which requires 20,000 VR or 10,000 coins.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was probably just lag, as the 3DS hasn't even been hacked yet. I've been in situations where I finish in 4th but somehow get 7th because of major lag on another person's part. Also, many Japanese(not trying to be racist here) have a large amount of VR because they have had the game longer than us, or play more often. People have already gotten the Gold Glider, which requires 20,000 VR or 10,000 coins.

Yeah, I've had a couple races where it looks like I finish with a certain result and then it changes (usually for the worse), but what was weird about this is the guy was always there just at the finish line to cross it in 1st place. I'm about 90% in agreement with you that it was just communication lag and I'm more or less imagining things, but like I said I've seen that kind of thing happen before and there was something different about this. It always happened for just the one guy, and always the same way. I just hope I never come across him again.

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MK7 has more glitches than Maka Wuhu. You can see proof videos on youtube of at least 3 glitched tracks. All work the same way as the Maka Wuhu glitch. MK7 really needs an update.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK7 has more glitches than Maka Wuhu. You can see proof videos on youtube of at least 3 glitched tracks. All work the same way as the Maka Wuhu glitch. MK7 really needs an update.

Yes. I just watched a few of those vids ... "Shimizu Teppei" definitely made use of this one a couple times last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-xQ0_HPQk

It pisses me off because I don't want to do that kind of crap, but if someone else is going to then there isn't much choice. I always select "random."

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/01/16/news-nintendo-refuses-to-budge-on-mario-kart-7-glitch/

They should at least release an update that fixes this in online play and make their servers refuse to accept online play if the game isn't updated.
Also, didn't they fix the reset counter exploit in Mario Kart Wii?

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
They should at least release an update that fixes this in online play and make their servers refuse to accept online play if the game isn't updated.
imagine the look on those 7-10 yr olds who dont have access to or know what wi fi is when they are not allowed online play ='(

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
There are times when I suck at MK7. Sometimes I just believe that getting first place is based on luck. This game forces you to give up the lead so you can be one of those scumbags who can get a cheap win by using overpowered items (even though I love using the blue shell). I think I'm gonna trade this game in. :(

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, i still play this game though I don't often win despite how almost perfect I can play certain maps (rainbow road mostly :) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol