Not open for further replies.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Things usually feel more remarkable when they're forbidden, especially these kinds of mods. A lot of people would hate to play online with the Wii, considering the amount of cheaters online are off the charts. It was already like that a few years after Mario Kart Wii first came out.

It might be something cool, but if I were using it, the pit of my stomach would still hate it just because of these developers. I've had a grudge with them for quite a while.

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it nice that those guys who managed to figure out a PPC kernel exploit and just use to do pointless stuff in Mario kart
and are not even sharing it with the people who made the webkit exploit ...
Said the guy who keeps trying to socially engineer people into giving him information - only to then use it as leverage to get more info from others. Oh, also the guy with no respect for open source licenses, and who openly develops warez loaders.

If anything, with people like you (and bubba and others) around, exploit authors need to be extrely careful who they share stuff or make deals with.

If you don't want to get burned, only share exploits with people that you can absolutely trust until release time comes. I learned this a very long time ago after I basically created the character that is waninkoko after stupidly teaching him things and feeding him information very early on (because I barely knew him from pre-wii times, but not well enough - big mistake) - and he went on to use it to develop a career (complete with sponsorship) around warez loaders.

Our original Wii U exploits have been shared with a relatively large group of people but have not leaked, because we have known all of them for a very long time and know they can be trusted.

Reactions: Chadderz and Vappy

google

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How is it a crappy move? If I find something via an exploit, I don't need to share it, plain and simple! Not to mention to a team who has a leaker.....

Since someone was nice enough to share whatever info that made it possible for you to find something, why wouldn't you do the same for them?

That's just common courtesy ihmo, but we all have our own reasoning behind the things we do...

Reactions: Margen67

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Marcan troll. Why nobody shpw some video or proof around wiiu? Without share code? Nothing is done/complete? I have heard about nes emu in wiiu mode... it is real?

Reactions: Margen67

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
I think I've made my position clear; I want no part in piracy or online cheating. While I would love to share the exploit, I couldn't stop it being used for those purposes, so I have no choice. If and when another team do release an exploit to the world at large, we'll be free to release the tools we've been making, which include a port of Gecko dotNet working over the network and a system similar to Riivolution allowing game file replacement for modding. Our efforts do not stop other teams working, and will no doubt benefit everyone in the long run.

NeKit has a 4.1 Wii U to run code for Marionumber1. If Marionumber1 gets kernel exploit he can use it to develop a way to break into ISOU and then dump the Starbuck OTP. Once he has Starbuck OTP he can use the common key to decrypt 5.0 binaries off of NUS and port his browser exploit over. Then we can all start working on developing a library for homebrew together. :)

A PPC kernel exploit is not a requirement for an IOSU exploit; f0f demonstrated that. I am not holding a magical card that will let Marionumber1 back in, you're still faced with the same difficult task of attacking the IOSU.

To quote Sp0Raw from his closing comments in the famous RDW IDA 6.1 release

Quoting a pirate to demonstrate the benefits of sharing seems a little misplaced.

I've had a grudge with them for quite a while.

I've never heard of you.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Chadderz, perhaps if possible later on, you could make something like the CTGP-R on the Wii U with the channel and all. Well, at least when there's more known info on it, I guess. :P

EDIT: It'll probably have to be much later, considering that someone could RE the information from the channel and the exploit to get it on there and work their way around cheating via Homebrew, etc.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've made my position clear; I want no part in piracy or online cheating. While I would love to share the exploit, I couldn't stop it being used for those purposes, so I have no choice. If and when another team do release an exploit to the world at large, we'll be free to release the tools we've been making, which include a port of Gecko dotNet working over the network and a system similar to Riivolution allowing game file replacement for modding. Our efforts do not stop other teams working, and will no doubt benefit everyone in the long run.

That's what I'm trying to say to the whiners ;)

I really think you should have the system be like the CTGP channel, to where any type of cheats are disabled. That's the one thing about Custom Tracks that I love. No cheaters.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm trying to say to the whiners ;)

I really think you should have the system be like the CTGP channel, to where any type of cheats are disabled. That's the one thing about Custom Tracks that I love. No cheaters.

It was is really easy to cheat in CTGP... There were ways to do it from the beginning.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, no. The CTGP Channel was created specifically to block cheats. You're confusing the CTGP Channel with Riivolution.

While that channel in particular was used to block cheating, it was super easy to still use custom tracks while cheating by avoiding the channel altogether ie ocarina with iso mods and Riivolution

Marcan troll. Why nobody shpw some video or proof around wiiu? Without share code? Nothing is done/complete? I have heard about nes emu in wiiu mode... it is real?

Nes emulators running in Wii U mode is not true to my knowledge. However, I myself have managed to be able to run FCE-Ultra (for Debian Linux) under Trinux using the Trinux exploit. This is still very limited in functionality as we don't have any real graphics drivers yet, nor do we actually have Tri-core support for the Wii U's Espresso processor. We're working on building Trinux into being a full fledged "option" for people to use, but in its current state, its pretty much useless to the masses. Its more of a "proof of concept" right now. We aren't aiming to compete with the other exploits in anyway shape or form, just to provide the masses with another platform for running and/or developing homebrew for the Wii U console. The more exploits and options that are "out in the wild" the better off the homebrew scene will be :).

EDIT: Youtube video of me running the NES Emulator on Trinux

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just curious is this tool like back in the GameCube days where you had to have a network adapter for the Cube and perform search through the Network with it's own IP address? Kinda like GNrd?

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
It might be something cool, but if I were using it, the pit of my stomach would still hate it just because of these developers. I've had a grudge with them for quite a while.
What did they do to you? There custom tracks distro for the Wii is amazing.

Edit:
Nah, you could do plenty more than that.
How?

Reactions: Celice

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nes emulators running in Wii U mode is not true to my knowledge. However, I myself have managed to be able to run FCE-Ultra (for Debian Linux) under Trinux using the Trinux exploit. This is still very limited in functionality as we don't have any real graphics drivers yet, nor do we actually have Tri-core support for the Wii U's Espresso processor. We're working on building Trinux into being a full fledged "option" for people to use, but in its current state, its pretty much useless to the masses. Its more of a "proof of concept" right now. We aren't aiming to compete with the other exploits in anyway shape or form, just to provide the masses with another platform for running and/or developing homebrew for the Wii U console. The more exploits and options that are "out in the wild" the better off the homebrew scene will be :).

EDIT: Youtube video of me running the NES Emulator on Trinux

That is a long way off. Drivers? SMP support? At least people are working now. At least it has Marcan's attention. Experience has taught me that what you see is likely 3 or 4 steps behind what the workers have progressed to. Personally, I am thankful for anything that is out in the open. Keep it up guys ;-)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a long way off. Drivers? SMP support? At least people are working now. At least it has Marcan's attention. Experience has taught me that what you see is likely 3 or 4 steps behind what the workers have progressed to. Personally, I am thankful for anything that is out in the open. Keep it up guys ;-)

Thanks we appreciate your support! :). At least as long as I'm working on this project, I can assure you, this will remain out in the open (to the best of my ability). This needs to be a collaborative effort to develop into a viable platform for homebrew. I'm also personally a huge fan of any sort of open source software period.

As for Chadderz and Beans, they have their reasons for not sharing their exploit just yet. Let them be. They've already stated their reasoning countless times, enough is enough people geez. A kernel exploit release for Wii U is imminent, whether they decide to provide it or not. If they can figure it out, so can another team of hackers/coders.

Don't get me wrong, what Chadderz and Beans have done is quite amazing, but if they aren't ready to share it yet, people need to respect that, period.

Reactions: Celice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok