• Hell no...

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Reece @ It was obviously sarcasm, Cpt. Toad is no better than an eShop $15 game at best.

Anyway, Nintendo definitely needs to add Mii racing suits for Villager, Ness, Mega Man, Shulk, Pac-Man and the rest.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Are you being serious or just trolling, Captain Toad GOTY 2015, can't be even possible yet? cause it is a very very good game if you haven't played it yet, you should try it and not knock it.
What WiiCube_2013 said:
Reece @ It was obviously sarcasm, Cpt. Toad is no better than an eShop $15 game at best.

And just to be clear: I've not only played Captain Toad, but completed it twice. My first run took some hours more, but my record is 2 hours and 24 minutes for completing all 3 books/episodes including all challenges and speedrun targets. :) Just so you know!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Finally got the Gold Kart and I gotta say those bots from the Mirror cups were truly some distasteful asshole drivers! It took me a few tries to get 2-3 (or even 1) on a couple of the cups, but aside that, it looks like a really sweet ride!

zlCfzS9c6NQeyLy7KD

The 'new' backgrounds for the menus are pretty nice too.

Btw, I was planning on playing with my pimped ride against DonTomasGamer (a YouTuber I follow) but he keeps changing the damn tourney codes. x_x

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone want to get murdered online please leave a PM (Europe only!). MK8 is the only game I can play online that I'm not banned from haha

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
zlCfzS-gXq45uhKfge

I'm pretty much done with Mario Kart 8 now until DLC 2's out.

I've got AC4 and RE: Revelations plus some others until the Wii U exclusives I want to be released.

Reactions: SnAQ

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was a way to repeat ONE race in a circuit. I can get first place in a few races on 150 cc and then the computer f-s me. Hit, shells, etc. If anyone knows a way to do it let me know. I'd like first place on every race. It sucks needing to do it on 4 consecutive races.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wish there was a way to repeat ONE race in a circuit. I can get first place in a few races on 150 cc and then the computer f-s me. Hit, shells, etc. If anyone knows a way to do it let me know. I'd like first place on every race. It sucks needing to do it on 4 consecutive races.
git gewd ? :creep:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
that gold stuff is shit though it has shit stats you never hardly see anyone using them online.

That's because they either are unable to beat the bots/players or don't know how to get it.

I did have some trouble on the Mirror 150cc because playing the tracks backwards was hard at first.

git gewd ? :creep:

The bots are assholes and so you've got to have luck on your side and always be protected with a shell/banana peel on your rear (by holding the L button).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you want to be good at Mario Kart 8, there are actually ways to gain skill and play better against the a-hole CPUs. Did you know you can even avoid a blue shell without the mega horn? Look it up.

The best advice I can give to anyone when playing Mario Kart 8 is: learn the tracks. Learn each and every track inside out. Every corner, every turn, every shortcut. If you know exactly what track you're racing next, you can better prepare by choosing parts that can give you an advantage in a particular track. Once you know a track this well, you won't have any problems with any of the CPUs bullying you. I've 100% completed Mario Kart 8 long ago and it's because I took my time to learn the tracks, every inch of them, before I went out to play against 150cc and Mirror mode CPUs.

One other piece of advice: if you have friends who are good, you can play multiplayer and try having your friends give you the lead and sort of have your back for when a CPU driver comes causing trouble. Obviously this requires more skill because you don't want your friends to accidentally screw you over and it's more difficult than it sounds to maintain your position with supporting drivers behind you.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My favourite method of avoiding the Blue Shell is by falling off the track and then back to racin' at full speed of course there's other ways to it too. I've 100% 50cc/100cc/150cc but the Mirror 150cc is very much incomplete without stars, none or a few 3 stars.

zlCfzS-NEUQNhVzQJF

100%-ing the Mirror 150cc won't unlock anything but rather just show three stars for all and meh, that's not much of a reward like unlocking the Gold Kart/Wheels/Glider was. Plus, I'd have to learn the tracks in reverse and for only this? Nope.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Plus, I'd have to learn the tracks in reverse and for only this? Nope.
For some weird reason I prefer the tracks mirrored. Kinda funny when you spot signs or logos flipped horizontally. And I genuinely feel mirrored tracks are harder because they weren't designed that way. It's not because I'm used to playing the tracks the regular way, in fact when I downloaded the first DLC pack I first started racing in mirror mode and after completing that, I went through 50cc-150cc. Definitely feel that mirror mode has more of a challenge in it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You're certainly right about being more challenging than the normal tracks.

And by racing on the Time Trials I found out the "secret" shortcut on Shy Guy's stage but damn, that sure takes some getting used to because I tried once online and I went straight off the track now for the second time I nailed it.

I'm glad Nintendo's adding Villager as a playable character to MK8 'cause I don't see myself ruining the amiibo boxes as they look really nice in them. I'm also looking forward to Isabella and Boney Bowser but please Nintendo add more DLC content as this still won't be enough!

Edit:

Whatever happened to these characters from the rumour picture:

diddy_kong_birdo_kamek_mario_kart_8.jpg

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You two are a riot. Do you have jobs? Lol

I have an idea for challenge. Try playing it looking in a mirror. :)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You two are a riot. Do you have jobs? Lol

I have an idea for challenge. Try playing it looking in a mirror. :)
Yeah, my job is being on the computer for 8 hours straight and when the boss ain't looking... :)

BTW, your challenge is accepted. What do I get if I play that way? Could make a YouTube video even to prove it. Lol

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting to 10,000 coins was a pain. I swear the game stopped counting coins normally towards the end. That last 1,000 coins took way longer than it should have, is it only counting the coins you finish the race with?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Getting to 10,000 coins was a pain. I swear the game stopped counting coins normally towards the end. That last 1,000 coins took way longer than it should have, is it only counting the coins you finish the race with?

Yes. Even if you were to collect hundreds of coins during a race, if you get shell raped at the end of the final lap just before the finish line and complete with 0 coins, the game will count 0 coins towards the total.

The best way to get 10,000 coins quickly is to play multiplayer preferably with 4-players. It doesn't really matter how good your friends are as long as they keep collecting coins. I've collected the 10,000 coins long ago. God bless my sisters for being so helpful. :D

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes. Even if you were to collect hundreds of coins during a race, if you get shell raped at the end of the final lap just before the finish line and complete with 0 coins, the game will count 0 coins towards the total.

The best way to get 10,000 coins quickly is to play multiplayer preferably with 4-players. It doesn't really matter how good your friends are as long as they keep collecting coins. I've collected the 10,000 coins long ago. God bless my sisters for being so helpful. :D

The reward for the 10k coins is as everyone knows the Gold Glider but meh, it doesn't look as fancy as the Gold Kart and Gold Wheels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-