Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
lol I've seen some of those on the internet on youtube. Obviously very expensive.
But that would never happen. the 3DS is perfect and Nintendo know to leave it alone and just keep making games and selling them as portable units.
I'm a big 3DS fan and I don't think the 3DS should be fused in any with the Wii U as I see it damaging the 3DS brand rather than improving the Wii U brand.
Link, please! I don't care about the Wii U, I'd buy a standalone 3DS console with TV output. (Key word being TV output, I don't want that USB recording crap where you need a PC.)
Nintendo's key for next gen is third party. If they can't get that support back AND have some good release titles, just don't bother with home consoles if they can't turn a profit with their current user base.
Somehow I see Nintendo working on making their Wii U successor touch on just that. There's no reason for third parties to start developing games now for a console that's soon to be 3 years old, almost halfway through its lifecycle. If Nintendo plays their cards right, they could get a great launch line up for their upcoming console if they pitch the new console to developers now and make them excited about it before Sony and Microsoft get around to do that.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Somehow I see Nintendo working on making their Wii U successor touch on just that. There's no reason for third parties to start developing games now for a console that's soon to be 3 years old, almost halfway through its lifecycle. If Nintendo plays their cards right, they could get a great launch line up for their upcoming console if they pitch the new console to developers now and make them excited about it before Sony and Microsoft get around to do that.

If the Wii U successor gets support like what Sony and MS receive, I will eat my imaginary hat. Until Nintendo leave their habitual conservative state and help expand their audience beyond children and Nintendo fans, nothing is going to change for them. In Sony and Microsoft, third parties have reliability with those two in their audience and that counts a lot in an era of increasing development costs.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If the Wii U successor gets support like what Sony and MS receive, I will eat my imaginary hat. Until Nintendo leave their habitual conservative state and help expand their audience beyond children and Nintendo fans, nothing is going to change for them. In Sony and Microsoft, third parties have reliability with those two in their audience and that counts a lot in an era of increasing development costs.
You may be right, though for what it's worth as long as Nintendo stays based in Kyoto it'll always be the slow turtle making kiddy consoles and family friendly games. We need folks in NoA and NoE to step up. Why does NoJ get the lion's share in content creation and control? Retro Studios has proved that a bit of Western influence is good. Why isn't NoJ already giving them the green light to make a new Metroid Prime? Meh!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Link, please! I don't care about the Wii U, I'd buy a standalone 3DS console with TV output. (Key word being TV output, I don't want that USB recording crap where you need a PC.)

what I don't understand is also the Wii U launch lineup. It was HORRIBLE. Why not wait a year.. release it with the Xbox One and Ps4 but after like 5-10 stellar first party titles? I understand the logic of why NOT to launch it with the Ps4/XB1.. because on paper the specs are worlds apart. BUT in return by releasing it by itself, it had ZERO marketing buzz, hardly any media coverage and was basically ignored by the main stream consumers.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thing is, any conscious consumer should have skipped the Wii U at launch. It's pointless to jump on the first boat before evaluating your options and see what else is out there. While some settled for a canoe with a weird controller (paddles, right?), others waited for the yacht which is better for being social (don't forget the strippers).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was working at GAME when the Wii U launched. It so hard to sell to people. Either people couldn't comprehend how the system worked or they dismissed it as kiddish.
Yeah, can't dismiss Nintendo's utter failure at marketing the Wii U. Their belief that the Wii brand was something to associate with a console they want to market to "core gamers" is simply laughable. I'm half expecting the successor to be the "New Wii U" at this point. Or maybe they'll play the nostalgia card again and call it "Super Wii U".

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it was just terribly marketed.

This generation is just tough. Its sad for the Wii U as I have so much fun on it. Its honestly so impressive and anyone who I know who's played it, loves it. I actually played my flatmates which made me buy one. The other casualty this generation is the Vita. Whilst the Wii U might be saved, Sony really seem to not care about the Vita which is such a phenomenal pic of hardware for its price.

I think the Wii U can and will turn it around. It will end up profitable for Nintendo. They just need to release the big hitters and throw in some curve balls like FE vs SMT. I'm still shocked they've been so quiet on it. It won't beat the XBone or PS4 but in reality, even with good marketing... without the big third party titles.. it was always bound to flop as thats what console gaming has been about for the past 7 or 8 years (whilst Nintendo were printing money with their wiis).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm sure that until the end of its lifecycle, Wii U will have garnered a respectable library of perhaps the best Nintendo games ever in the history of the company. The problem is just that, though. If you're in love with Nintendo and their games, the Wii U is the best console you can get. I personally only like some of their franchises and hope for more variety and not this kiddy crap. They even rushed Mario Kart 8 and they're content with releasing half-baked crap like Hyrule Warriors. Seriously it's like they don't want the Wii U to succeed.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm sure that until the end of its lifecycle, Wii U will have garnered a respectable library of perhaps the best Nintendo games ever in the history of the company. The problem is just that, though. If you're in love with Nintendo and their games, the Wii U is the best console you can get. I personally only like some of their franchises and hope for more variety and not this kiddy crap. They even rushed Mario Kart 8 and they're content with releasing half-baked crap like Hyrule Warriors. Seriously it's like they don't want the Wii U to succeed.

Let's say there's 200 Wii U games (there's probably around it or more) but the ones that are actually worth owning is just 10-15 so while it's a small quantity of games it could also mean they're worth buying it for, provided they've got hours of replayability and are worth owning.

Wii U's Nintendo black sheep and it'll never change, in fact each year that passes by Nintendo will disregard it in favour of New 3DS. I'd bet SMTxFE is not coming to the Wii U at all.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Let's say there's 200 Wii U games (there's probably around it or more) but the ones that are actually worth owning is just 10-15 so while it's a small quantity of games it could also mean they're worth buying it for, provided they've got hours of replayability and are worth owning.

Captain Toad GOTY 2015 confirmed.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been playing MK8 recently a lot and somehow it's not feeling repetitive or tiresome, also, I've been racing against the Nintendo employees via the Trial Mode for the Gold Wheels and they're rather easy to beat.

The Gold Slider requires 10k coins but I'm almost there anyway as I've got 7000.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Gold Slider requires 10k coins but I'm almost there anyway as I've got 7000.

You're slow. I unlocked that 4 weeks after getting the game... :D The time trial staff ghosts are okay, but not hard IMO.

Here's a tip if MK8 ever feels boring: instead of choosing to race a cup, go to the VS mode and choose Random tracks and with your preference 3 or 4 races. I like 3 random tracks against Hard CPU at 150cc. It's fun and not as boring because you don't know what track comes next. Also 3 vs. 4 tracks is better because 4 often stretches out for too long. :) Just my experience.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
IIRC, you had family/friends using MK8 which gave you easy access to the 10k whereas I don't have that privilege so it's taking its time, besides only for a while now I decided that i really wanted the pimped wheels and whatnot.

zlCfzS9SQxgFsAN82H

The wheels look cool but it's actually no better in terms of speed/acceleration than any other.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Honest question: does that screenshot really make you say "dem graphics"? All I see is jaggie galore that could seriously use some AA. There's barely any details in the background. It looks very nice I admit that much, but "dem graphics"?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Honest question: does that screenshot really make you say "dem graphics"? All I see is jaggie galore that could seriously use some AA. There's barely any details in the background. It looks very nice I admit that much, but "dem graphics"?

Wasn't very serious when I said that, of course it isn't the kind of game you would give that statement. :P
I meant it looks very beautiful, the artwork that is.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Captain Toad GOTY 2015 confirmed.

Are you being serious or just trolling, Captain Toad GOTY 2015, can't be even possible yet? cause it is a very very good game if you haven't played it yet, you should try it and not knock it. Judging by your other comments you sound like a WiiU hater along side emigra, who we all know is a Sony lover, considering you own one :unsure: The WiiU is a wicked console, I luv it and in my opinion knocks spots of both the PS4 & XboxOne for entertainment value! the WiiU rules!!!

Edit:- Jiehfeng. Don't worry about your comments m8, stand up be proud, "dem graphics" are amazing in MK8 not seen anything like that yet on the other two poor excuses of a great console! Don't let haters try to convince you otherwise. :)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users