ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK7 does support bot allocation to vacant slots on local multiplayer sessions (it also replaces a player with a bot if it gets disconnected depending on how it happened and if the disconnected player isn't the room host). Haven't tried doing it with CTGP, but I don't see why CTGP should crash outside of the known crashing reasons

I'm just looking for a way to start a session with 1 human player and up to 7 CPU players.

JennTeamMagma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, if I get this modpack with the NTR method, how does online play work? Can I go and play with randoms like normal, or can I only play with others who have the modpack?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@PabloMK7 A suggestion: You could create a whole lane beneath the water ?
You plan to add Mk8 race tracks to your hack ?
huh? You mean a whole track? It's perfectly possible.
No plans for that.

From now until June I have exams to enter the university, so there won't be any big updates for a while

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
huh? You mean a whole track? It's perfectly possible.
No plans for that.

From now until June I have exams to enter the university, so there won't be any big updates for a while
MK8 Anti-Gravity Physics break the Game. I think there are a lot of bugs just getting the drivers to a 90° angle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2. Some CTGP-7 features rely on NTR
3. In the future, I plan adding "insert secret feature here" which will need OnionFS to work :P
Out of curiosity, what does it rely on exactly? Technically if it needs code modifications you can make an .ips patch to bundle with the mod, and it would work on Luma.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
MK8 Anti-Gravity Physics break the Game. I think there are a lot of bugs just getting the drivers to a 90° angle. Correct me if I'm wrong.
it'd be possible to remove/edit the anti-gravity parts, though.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It would be possible to add in the game settings application the NTR codes of this plugin ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-mario-kart-7-online-ntr-plugin.460631/
While it is possible, CTGP-7 is meant to be a romhack to give MK7 a new skin so I'm not adding cheats that allow you to moonjump or have infinite items.
Out of curiosity, what does it rely on exactly? Technically if it needs code modifications you can make an .ips patch to bundle with the mod, and it would work on Luma.
cc selector (game plugin) and speedometer (overlay plugin).

Another reason is that I'm researching the archives used in games, and it looks like they have a vtable with pointers to fs functions (including rename, open, create, etc). With those it will be possible to redirect only the needed archives in different ways.

keepitoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i play MK7 with boot ntr enabled but not load the CTGP-7 ? trying to play local multiplayer but it keeps loading the custom one.

Sinner217

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mine keeps crashing. I unlocked shy guy and some kart body and as it starts to show the kart custom options it crashes please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Would you recommend a Meta Quest 2 as first low budget headset?