ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What is the song called you used in the hatsune miku track?
I guess Miku's Birthday Spectacular, but I'm not sure because it's @Stewie1.0 's track, not mine.
@PabloMK7 Did you ever get a chance to fix the .cia creation problem we talked about? Thanks!
Damn forgot about it -_- Too many things to do in one day. I have to go and I'll be back in a week. I put a reminder on my PC

MrTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help. i updated my ctgp by installing the latest 0.7.2 patch, but now when i open the launcher and press Launch ctgp-7, it opens mario kart normally instead of opening ntr cfw and then ctgp. if i start ntr then the launcher everything is normal. how can i fix this problem?

Last edited by MrTurtle,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I need help. i updated my ctgp by installing the latest 0.7.2 patch, but now when i open the launcher and press Launch ctgp-7, it opens mario kart normally instead of opening ntr cfw and then ctgp. if i start ntr then the launcher everything is normal. how can i fix this problem?
I think you installed an old CTGP-7.cia (I saw read your post before edited).
Go to your cia installer, go to CTGP-7/resources/update and install the cia there. After you installed it delete the old manager (0004000003070D00) and the cia file or it will bug the manager

MrTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you installed an old CTGP-7.cia (I saw read your post before edited).
Go to your cia installer, go to CTGP-7/resources/update and install the cia there. After you installed it delete the old manager (0004000003070D00) and the cia file or it will bug the manager
it worked, Thank you!

SEAgreen206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found a moment to fix it, download the pack again from dshack :)

Okay, now I get an error stating "File is encrypted or not Mario Kart 7 game." I am using the same legit mk7 cia that worked last time and has been deep decrypted by decrypt9.

The error log says: tools\ctrtool.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. The system cannot find the file specified.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, now I get an error stating "File is encrypted or not Mario Kart 7 game." I am using the same legit mk7 cia that worked last time and has been deep decrypted by decrypt9.

The error log says: tools\ctrtool.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. The system cannot find the file specified.
Try opening a command line in the ctgp-7 folder and run tools\ctrtool.exe

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If using the CIA conversion method, can this go online if using a patched mario kart 7 with the 1.1 update built in?

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. I had Version 1.1 of my USA MK7 installed, and it didn't work with NTR, so I deleted the update, and now it works.

Now, I want to try out 200cc, but that only works on Version 1.1, and Version 1.1 doesn't work with NTR.

How do I get 200cc working with NTR?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm confused. I had Version 1.1 of my USA MK7 installed, and it didn't work with NTR, so I deleted the update, and now it works.

Now, I want to try out 200cc, but that only works on Version 1.1, and Version 1.1 doesn't work with NTR.

How do I get 200cc working with NTR?
You are wrong, the 1.1 patch downloaded from eshop doesn't work with ntr. After a few years of MK7 release Nintendo started to produce games wirh the 1.1 patch already patched in the game, and that works. If your MK7 copy is from the eshop, backup your save data, delete it and download again from eshop, since it is already patched.

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are wrong, the 1.1 patch downloaded from eshop doesn't work with ntr. After a few years of MK7 release Nintendo started to produce games wirh the 1.1 patch already patched in the game, and that works. If your MK7 copy is from the eshop, backup your save data, delete it and download again from eshop, since it is already patched.
I have a cartridge.

(I know how to dump it and install it as a CIA, though, if that will be needed.)

Last edited by The Koopa Kingdom,

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can search for a 1.1 prepatched since converting the game to CIA will still make it 1.0
According to http://3dsdb.com/, there are 2 USA scene dumps of Mario Kart 7:
Mario Kart 7 - Mario_Kart_7_USA_3DS-VENOM
Mario Kart 7 Revision 1 - Mario.Kart.7.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox
I don't think the first one has any update included, and the second one seems to have disappeared out of existence (At least, off the front page of Google).

Is there anyway I can make a pre-patched CIA from my cartridge?
(Or, how to find one on the internet, but that's probably against the rules here.)

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing it through FreeShop, and it still gets stuck after the green screen.

(Also, I had deleted MK7's update data before starting FreeShop, and after installing MK7, now there's update data again, even though I didn't update it.)

Last edited by The Koopa Kingdom,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried installing it through FreeShop, and it still gets stuck after the green screen.

(Also, I had deleted MK7's update data before starting FreeShop, and after installing MK7, now there's update data again, even though I didn't update it.)

You should download the game itself, not the patch, you will need to do the generation process again since adresses change between version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA