Vietnam
It would be nice if you kept the drama out of here

Anyway, I tested the game and it runs pretty well on Switch

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. There is that one Rumor that Nintendo is/might Release Remastered Versions of certain Mario Games, with 64 being one of them. Probably hence why they are jumping on this so much. But then again, they jump on a lot of things that are less.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Check reddit again, you'll find it if you look for it. I tried it, it indeed seems to be a port of the PC version. There are 2 versions out there, one has a round SM64 logo and does not have fullhd and widescreen support, the version with the square SM64 icon does have both.

Do you know the file size so I can determine which one I got before installing?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get around that I think a psp port would be the best solution
I think the Vita Port could work better, since it has the Right Stick which would function as the C-Buttons. Since the L: Button is not needed, the Vita L Button would be the Z Button. Would be perfect. Again, just need to get the TitleID Proper to get VitaCheat to work with it, since the Dev has no plan to have Homebrew work with it. So it would have to be PCSx#####. So hopefully if the REAL Dev that created the Switch Port is reading this and has plans for the Vita, please have the TitleID like how I described.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No need, you can play Mario 64 via retroarch flawless. Full Speed, Full Screen :)

I have heard the rumors, the murmurings that the strangers whisper to you as they pass, and I would not believe it to be true had I not just been witness of what happened at this historic point in time, but despite it seldomly having been the case in the history of gbatemp that someone missed the point utterly and completely, you just appeared and did.

forerofore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i just wanna know how to remap the controllers on the pc so i can play with my switch joycons via bluetooth =(

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just wanna know how to remap the controllers on the pc so i can play with my switch joycons via bluetooth =(
It should work with x360ce https://www.x360ce.com I read that the port accepts xinput devices without configuration, this tool emulates an xinput device, you have to configure it and put it in the same directory as the game

Joshmas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does seem really suspicious that whomever did this port plastered the atlasnx name all over it. Really makes me worry what intentions are behind it. Would be a pretty good trap for unsuspecting users if it does turn out to be malicious.

Reactions: mathew77

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does seem really suspicious that whomever did this port plastered the atlasnx name all over it. Really makes me worry what intentions are behind it. Would be a pretty good trap for unsuspecting users if it does turn out to be malicious.
I don't know if there's much likelihood of malicious code (or if any of the scene's resident reverse engineers feel like checking it), I do think it's more likely that someone with a grudge put their name in to potentially bring them trouble from Nintendo's hired law monkeys.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

I don't know if there's much likelihood of malicious code (or if any of the scene's resident reverse engineers feel like checking it), I do think it's more likely that someone with a grudge put their name in to potentially bring them trouble from Nintendo's hired law monkeys.
Nintendo´s law monkeys!? You mean Donkey Kong?:P

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the Mario 64 port. Also stumbled across an AM2R 1.4.3 port. I didn't know that was a thing, and I wonder why it is not on the HB App Store. The Vita AM2R port is on it's HB App Store.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo´s law monkeys!? You mean Donkey Kong?:P
Oh shiz, a cease & desist from him would be scary :shit:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found the Mario 64 port. Also stumbled across an AM2R 1.4.3 port. I didn't know that was a thing, and I wonder why it is not on the HB App Store. The Vita AM2R port is on it's HB App Store.
The hb app store for switch sticks to open-source homebrew afaik, and probably avoids stuff of questionable legality too. I guess the vita one is less bothered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    +1
    @BigOnYa Everything's going great. It's just that real life happens.
    +1
    DSDSDS?
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...