Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny [100% ENG Patch][Release]

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes. Latest version says v1.03 during the game's boot.

Hey Everyone!

Today I'd like to introduce you to the English Translation of the game:
Maplestory: The Girl of Destiny (3DS):

ip3Qfyq.png

Current Progress: DONE (100% done)
We'd like to present you with the awesome release trailer made by SoyAlexPop for us:

It's out now!

We have worked hard to translate this game for the fans of the Maplestory series to enjoy. Maplestory 3DS is similar to it's PC MMO counterpart but is unique because it has a full story-line focused on an original main character named Mugi. The game features advanced mechanics like environment pieces you can use to help solve puzzles or even as weapons to defeat your foes (things like rolling boulders, lightning storm clouds, etc.).

It's a lot of fun and as fans of the game series we want to help you all to be able to enjoy it too.

The Team:
iser911 - New Lead Translator
(translated 50+% of the game).
WillTheLion - Project Coordinator, Translator & UI/GFX Text Editing
DavidKang- Translator (helped with Korean text)
Flyingsky - Text Translator and Tinkerer
Liomajor - UI/GFX Text Editing and Cut-scenes
Glitch - Text Translating + Cut-scenes
Vague Rant - Proof Reader and Script Editor

Honorable Mentions:
Sliter - Some Graphics
Truner - Logo Art
SoyAlexPop - Trailer Video
IcySon55 - Hosting the Translation Discord

Download Translation Patch v1.03 + NTR Plugin for Easy Use:

Features cleaner subtitles, Korean dubbed videos, a new banner with the actual English logo. A small bug that caused the Chief of Leafre to have blank text boxes has been fixed.

Release time! All crashes and bugs fixed. All proofread and corrected. Also we found a new way to create the .ctpk image files that greatly lowered the file size and maintained 100% quality so the patch is now has much faster load times.Here's the links to the update:

New version 1.03 NTR patch: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/P0BGr8Ju/file.html

The crash was caused by our .ctpk taking up too much VRAM during the final boss because of how big and animated he is. He takes up lots of memory. This and all other bugs have been fixed. This in theory is the "definitive version".

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes.

Hello Player!

This is the v1.03 version of the game. The text has been proof-read and many bugs/crashes have been fixed
since our initial release. There shouldn't be any more crashes but please if there is a crash let us know!

IF THE GAME CRASHES: Please take note of the name of the map where you were before it crashed
as well as the portal you tried to take that caused the game to crash.
~IF you know how to use JKSM to export your save, if you'd like to export a copy of your
save file from right before where it crashed that could be helpful too.

All that having been said, we're hopeful that all bugs have been fixed, and hopefully you won't have any issues.

If you still find a crash let us know here please: https://discord.gg/xkyPhSX

If you find some broken color tags or text that goes of screen feel free to tell us what
the message said and we'll fix it quickly. Or post a screenshot that'd be even better!

Thanks again guys! We hope you have as much fun playing as we did translating this for you!

-WillTheLion

The easiest way to use the patch is to use the NTR plugin Flyingsky has made for use with the the patch and the game. Or you could always check that one iso site.

1. You need the NTR Firmware to use the layeredFS plugin​
2. Install it.​
(If you can't start NTR using those 2 files make sure you have tick "SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)" in your A9LH options)​
3. Then copy the plugin folder to the root of your SD card.
Copy all the changed files into a folder called "maple" on the root of your SD card.

4.Start NTR on your 3DS and start your game (cartridge or cia doesn't matter).

The maple folder uses the same folder structure as the normal romfs uses and as such can also be used inside your own romfs file if you would rather use HANS.

If you'd like to use these in your own game with HANS by dumping your own romsf folder, and then copy and pasting the files from the maple folder into your dumped/extracted romfs folder (replace the original files), and then rebuild your own romfs. Name it 00111600.romfs and put it in the 'hans' folder on the root of your sd card. Then run the game cart or cia through hans in the homebrew launcher.

Here's a good guide of how to extract and rebuild your own romfs: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/

Even though we've now translated 100% of the game, we still intend to refine this to make it better. We'll also fix any bugs or crashes if any come up. Please let us know of any problems you have and we'll happily fix them.​

Last edited by WillTheLion,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Niiiice.

I'm still fan of MapleStory. I always stop (and then start again) to play because I'm kind of an eternal poor lol.

Anyway, really looking forward to a 100% translation of it! :)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys have the menus and Equips/items translated would you at the very least put out a v1.0 while you continue translating the rest of the game?

Hope everything is going smoothly.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys have the menus and Equips/items translated would you at the very least put out a v1.0 while you continue translating the rest of the game?

Here are a few edits i did, they are not 100% correct and completed
but it will give a fair good impression of what we can do even with
limited character space for certain translations.

Would be nice if the others could share too :)

Preview:
bot_0006.jpg bot_0007.jpg bot_0008.jpg bot_0009.jpg top_0003.jpg top_0004.jpg bot_0000.jpg bot_0002.jpg bot_0003.jpg bot_0004.jpg bot_0005.jpg

Attachments

• Global.rar
    16.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by liomajor,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a few edits i did, they are not 100% correct and completed
but it will give a fair good impression of what we can do even with
limited character space for certain translations.

Would be nice if the others could share too :)

Preview:
Would you like to join the team and help us? We'll share you our chat info and we'll share our dropbox folder with you so we can get this done. :) Looks nice.

We are planning on doing that as far as I know. We're getting 'close' I think. Maybe in like a week we'll have that ready. This is an optimistic guess.

Last edited by WillTheLion,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you like to join the team and help us? We'll share you our chat info and we'll share our dropbox folder with you so we can get this done. :) Looks nice.
We are planning on doing that as far as I know. We're getting 'close' I think. Maybe in like a week we'll have that ready. This is an optimistic guess.

Sure, i can help :)

Reactions: WillTheLion

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole team has been working like crazy today. As of now we have the following translated:

• All Image Text (except the help tutorials)
  • All Medal Titles
  • All Medal Descriptions
  • All System Text (saving the game, shop text, and stuff like that)
  • All NPC Names (some may be updated later to match the GMS PC version)
  • All Zones/Towns Names
  • All Skill Names
  • All Cutscene Names

I'm estimating that we're currently done with about 50% of all text that isn't related to character/npc dialogue.

Thanks for all the support everyone. And of course a big shout out to my fellow translators! We're making progress!!

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited, big fan of the MapleStory series :3

Me too. I think I have a lvl 160 or so Bucc in Windia as well as a high lvl NL and Evan there. What world did you play?

The whole team has been working like crazy today. As of now we have the following translated:

• All Image Text (except the help tutorials)
  • All Medal Titles
  • All Medal Descriptions
  • All System Text (saving the game, shop text, and stuff like that)
  • All NPC Names (some may be updated later to match the GMS PC version)
  • All Zones/Towns Names
  • All Skill Names
  • All Cutscene Names

I'm estimating that we're currently done with about 50% of all text that isn't related to character/npc dialogue.

Thanks for all the support everyone. And of course a big shout out to my fellow translators! We're making progress!!

Nice. I probably already know the answer, but does this version have any form of online multiplayer? Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing, I'm looking forward to the completion of the project. I've been playing Maplestory for about 11 years now, on and off.

Last edited by azublazer,

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOOD MOOORNING!! :rofl2:

So a little progress update for you guys!

I just wanted to let you guys know that the lack of posts here doesn't mean we've been sleeping on the job. Our team of 4 has been working extra hard chatting together on the project everyday as we work together to get it translated.

All images that need translated are done or extremely close. The only one's that remain are 8 tutorial or hint type images that can be access via the menu. Liomajor is hard at work finishing those and as you can see by his post he's doing a great job!

All other system text is easily 80-85% done now. With luck we should hall all images and other system text fully translated by the end of the month.

Flyingsky has done some dialogue translations as well so we know it's possible.

So who's looking forward to trying out the translation once we finish translating the rest of the system text? Any feedback you can give us on errors you find or quality of translation (read proofreading) would always be appreciated.

---------------------------------

Me too. I think I have a lvl 160 or so Bucc in Windia as well as a high lvl NL and Evan there. What world did you play?

Nice. I probably already know the answer, but does this version have any form of online multiplayer? Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing, I'm looking forward to the completion of the project. I've been playing Maplestory for about 11 years now, on and off.

I played mostly in Bera with the rare excursion to Windia. :P I easily had 8-10+ characters of lv 100. I like trying a little of everything.

There is no online multiplayer or any multiplayer in this version at all. It's a single player story inside the maple world. But it's lots of fun and more than makes up for the lack of multiplayer. I'd easily say that it has improvements in some areas over normal maple but nothing that would make it feel out of place. I love it and would highly recommend it. I got a copy on amazon for less than $20 USD with 2 day shipping from prime. You could use the patch with a physical cartridge and HANS homebrew.

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to trying it once the translation is finished :) Y'all are doing awesome work, thank you!

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who's looking forward to trying out the translation once we finish translating the rest of the system text? Any feedback you can give us on errors you find or quality of translation (read proofreading) would always be appreciated.

I'm super excited. I tried the DS version with an incomplete translation patch and could only get so far. This was a few years ago and I'm sure there are 100% translated patches now. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing, can't wait.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super excited. I tried the DS version with an incomplete translation patch and could only get so far. This was a few years ago and I'm sure there are 100% translated patches now. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing, can't wait.
Has the DS game been fully translated? According to the last topic it was only Google translate and anyone who has used Google knows how dodgy the translation can be.

nerdsinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just commenting here to let you guys know that you are actual legends and that I've wanted to play this for so long.

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Update!

All the non-dialouge text is quite nearly translated. All that remains is Quest Descriptions and Item Descriptions for us to be ready to release our first beta release. We're hoping for a release this weekend.

I know I've said that before but with so much done and so little to do it seems like a release this weekend is very likely!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4