T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Can anyone help me with this:

I turn the switch off, put it in the dock and it turns itself back on.
I turn it off when it's in the dock, it all looks off then I turn my TV on and the Switch screen lights up and comes on.
I just want it off permanently until I turn it on lol.

I am using the button on top of the Switch to power it off.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Wifi range sucks on it if your router isn't near where your tv is its a problem

Lol, don't insult my intelligence mate. My background has been in IT since 1999 and I know full well how to implement networks and troubleshoot a wide range of issues, not reading off a script that CS advisors do.

I wouldn't be posting the issue here, if I knew it wasn't a problem.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I turn it off when it's in the dock, it all looks off then I turn my TV on and the Switch screen lights up and comes on.

I've read a report stating that the dock (I assume power adapter + dock) consumes 2W by itself when idle, which I find quite high.
So to fix that, and your issue, I'm using... a power strip with an On/Off switch :)

Reactions: T-hug

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

There's a setting in the options that sets the Switch to communicate with certain TV models over HDMI when you turn it on/off, try switching that off.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do hope this does get some third party support at least because i don't even own and Xbox one or ps4 but the switch is cool so i want to get it instead

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This video collects all glitches and defects which can even happen to revised models. That video shouldn't prevent you from buying a switch early. I was an early adopter for the 3DS, Vita, PSP, PS2, PS3, PS4 and had revised (slim) models for all of them. My experience is, that the first released (classic) models are more robust (well, except the XBOX 360). While I had to send in my PSP slim&light, Vita Slim, New3DS and repair the laser of the PS2 slim by myself; the PSP Fat lady, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS and the PS2 Fat are working just fine to this day. I wish I had the money to buy a Switch right now.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
The notion that dead pixels are not a problem is a real problem in itself. I still have a launch day psp that has many dead pixels, that sony did not count as a "problem". Years later, i still will not be able to enjoy anything on that console (even emulation) because there is a BUNCH of dead pixels/stuck pixels in BRIGHT RED killing any sense of storytelling, fading in, fading out, shadows etc.

I guess some people are more picky than others but had my switch even 1, it would have gone back to the retailer. This is 2017 folks, lcd technologies are no longer in their infancy.

RanCorX2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is quite amusing, makes the wii u seems not so much of fail now. so glad i skipped this console.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But the Wii u had like a 1gb day 1 update and it took hours to download because the servers were overloaded. That was not a problem for the switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I like the simple os the switch has so the updates arent as big as wii u

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,
Reactions: Xzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...