Stuck on Boot Loop After 17.0.0

aguyinatie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, I updated my launch-day Nintendo Switch to 17.0.0 and afterwards, it did not reboot. As soon as I turn on the Switch, I see the white Nintendo logo for 1-2 seconds and then the screen goes black and unresponsive. I've tried entering recovery mode, but the screen stays black. I tried holding down the power button for 20 seconds and nothing happens. No matter what I try, I can only make it to the white Nintendo logo before the screen shuts off. I even let the battery drain for a month. It would show me the red battery icon. After charging it, it showed me the green battery icon on the screen, but still the same boot loop issue.

In 2019, I modded it with CFW for a few months before reverting it back to normal. Since then, I have not been banned and I have done all the system updates like normal and everything worked fine. 17.0.0 is the update that stopped my Switch from functioning anymore. I tried following a tutorial on the now-locked Switch won't boot after System-Update thread, but that won't work either. TegraRcm detects my Nintendo Switch when I use the joycon rail jig and it successfully injects payloads to it, but regardless, the screen remains black. The only thing that ever pops up is the white Nintendo logo. I can't even access Hekate or any payload menus.

My SD card is the correct format and the Dock and AC Adapter are official. My Windows detects the Switch just fine with the USB cable I have. I can inject payloads with TegraRcm just fine. Only issue is that my Nintendo Switch will not advance beyond the white Nintendo logo. The battery has always worked fine and the Wi-Fi capabilities have always functioned correctly with Wi-Fi and LAN.

Any advice? I don't think mailing it to Nintendo would solve it, since I've modded my Switch before, so I've voided any warranty by now. I've read replacing the battery or the Wi-Fi chip may or may not work at all. In that case, I would rather list the Switch for sale "for parts" and use that money to buy a new Switch. Thanks.

Last edited by aguyinatie,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a RCM jig and payload injector? Sounds like when you installed CFW, you forgot that the console goes into auto RCM. In order to see hekate Nyx boot you'll need the jig and injector.

aguyinatie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a RCM jig and payload injector? Sounds like when you installed CFW, you forgot that the console goes into auto RCM. In order to see hekate Nyx boot you'll need the jig and injector.
Yes, I do have a 3D-printed RCM jig and I do have a payload injector. TegraRcm. However, when injecting payloads onto my Switch while it's plugged into the PC, TegraRcm informs me of the successful payload injections while the Nintendo Switch screen remains black. Even after unplugging it. The only visuals on the Nintendo Switch screen that ever pop up are the battery icons and the white Nintendo logo.

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I do have a 3D-printed RCM jig and I do have a payload injector. TegraRcm. However, when injecting payloads onto my Switch while it's plugged into the PC, TegraRcm informs me of the successful payload injections while the Nintendo Switch screen remains black. Even after unplugging it. The only visuals on the Nintendo Switch screen that ever pop up are the battery icons and the white Nintendo logo.
Have you updated your payload, and HATS on your SD?

aguyinatie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated your payload, and HATS on your SD?
I don't exactly know what that means. In 2019, I installed Atmostphere (Hekate) and after a few months, I followed the instructions to revert my Switch back to its default firmware and I wiped all the contents off the SD card. Since updating to 17.0.0 and being stuck on boot loop, I've read that you can fix this by going back to an older update, installing ncm_savefix.kip or doing a System Wipe. Of course, that requires that I inject payloads and access Hekate, so I began the whole Hekate tutorial from the beginning (since I haven't had it/used it since 2019) but I cannot advance to the next steps because my Nintendo Switch screen won't show me anything besides the white Nintendo logo and the battery icons.

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've updated your OFW, I'm not sure if you're using the updated payload through tegraRCM. Yes it's successful at injecting but it's injecting a payload for older OFW... I think.

Reactions: Blythe93

aguyinatie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've updated your OFW, I'm not sure if you're using the updated payload through tegraRCM. Yes it's successful at injecting but it's injecting a payload for older OFW... I think.
Well, the payload I am using is hekate_ctcaer_6.0.3. I figured since I had undone the CFW hacks on my Switch back in 2019, I had to now redo the steps from the beginning and so I was following a tutorial from "switch.homebrew.guide". Are you suggesting that the Hekate I am attempting to inject is not compatible with my OFW of 17.0.0? In that case, what would you suggest? I feel like I am blindly injecting payloads into the Switch because I am not seeing any text or menus on it as I go through these steps.

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the payload I am using is hekate_ctcaer_6.0.3. I figured since I had undone the CFW hacks on my Switch back in 2019, I had to now redo the steps from the beginning and so I was following a tutorial from "switch.homebrew.guide". Are you suggesting that the Hekate I am attempting to inject is not compatible with my OFW of 17.0.0? In that case, what would you suggest? I feel like I am blindly injecting payloads into the Switch because I am not seeing any text or menus on it as I go through these steps.
You can't expect old CFW payloads and files to work with updated OFW, you need to get updated hekate, nyx, and payload files then try again.

Reactions: Blythe93

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
As others suggested, yes, delete all atmosphere and Hekate folders and start from scratch.
Also, there's this thing that happened in 17.0.0 for some people where not even the sysnand would boot, you have to run atmosphere once in your sysnand to fix the issue.

In your emunand, also, if you're blanking the prodinfo (let's say you ran incognito in the past), 17.0.0 will also not boot. This happened to me, and I fixed it by adding the file emummc.txt from this link, to a folder called hosts in the atmosphere folder.

aguyinatie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others suggested, yes, delete all atmosphere and Hekate folders and start from scratch.
Also, there's this thing that happened in 17.0.0 for some people where not even the sysnand would boot, you have to run atmosphere once in your sysnand to fix the issue.

In your emunand, also, if you're blanking the prodinfo (let's say you ran incognito in the past), 17.0.0 will also not boot. This happened to me, and I fixed it by adding the file emummc.txt from this link, to a folder called hosts in the atmosphere folder.
OK, I started over from scratch, following the NH Switch Guide tutorial with up to date Hekate and Atmosphere versions and I even added in the emummc.txt file and still nothing. My screen remains black upon successfully injecting the .bin payloads as the tutorial states. My SD card is Fat32, there is no game card inserted, my Nintendo Switch is the V1 Switches than can be and has been hacked. All I get is a black screen and attempting to reboot the system only gives me the white Nintendo logo for a second before going black again. I'll gladly hop onto Discord with someone and compensate them somehow for a successful one on one video walkthrough. I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by aguyinatie,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
17.0.0 As soon as I updated to that via the usual System Updates, it never booted back up and has since been stuck on a boot loop. I have not downgraded the firmware.
It would be good if you can share what your Hekate " hekate_ipl.ini" file looks like, and what option are you selecting when trying to boot (either sysnand or emunand), as you should try to boot atmosphere in your sysnand first, once.

If Hekate is not giving you options and it's straight up loading you into the black screen after you see the logo, you might be chainloading fuse.bin, and you may have an outdated fuse.bin file in whatever folder you have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch