Gaming Majora's Mask

B

ball2012003

I prefer a brand new Zelda game. Why do you guys want remakes so much? Its better to have something new than a game millions of people have already played. And Majoras Mask wasn't even that great of a game, I had to force myself to beat it and I am a HUGE Zelda fan. That game was pretty disappointing.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I like it but it really didn't make that classic best game of all time type name for itself. I doubt they'll do it, but at the same time I really hope so. I still haven't finished my copy on 64. That reminds me....

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Annieone23 said:
I effing loved MM. One of the best Zelda's ever! So many ridiculously complicated sidequestsssssss *drools*

MM is unique in its attention to detail. By reusing the same engine and some/most gfx they had so much more time to craft a beautifully intricate world. MM is amazing, and anyone that disagrees is not a true Zelda fan. There, I said it.
Thank you. Besides, to me OOT seems to be lacking in sidequest-ness. I've almost got 20 hearts and I'm not even trying, and then what?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
Annieone23 said:
I effing loved MM. One of the best Zelda's ever! So many ridiculously complicated sidequestsssssss *drools*

MM is unique in its attention to detail. By reusing the same engine and some/most gfx they had so much more time to craft a beautifully intricate world. MM is amazing, and anyone that disagrees is not a true Zelda fan. There, I said it.
Thank you. Besides, to me OOT seems to be lacking in sidequest-ness. I've almost got 20 hearts and I'm not even trying, and then what?
Well both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are great for their own reasons. If you look at it like this Ocarina of Time is a great game for the dungeons, but lacks in side quests. Majora's Mask is the complete opposite. It is great for the amount of side quest content, but its very lacking in dungeons.

MAIcrosoft

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.unseen64.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
BEN disapproves
mad.gif

tumblr_l8ziig7mgc1qba810.png

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The time limit isn't what annoyed me. I hated when I had to go or got tired and had to return to the first day to save while I was in the middle of something.

Saving while keeping your spot would be nice.

Nick Nack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Majoras Mask remake.I SAY YESSSSSSSSS!
This was the first zelda game i played and i would like to see it in 3D.But there is a thing i want more than a remake,A NEW ZELDA GAME FOR 3DS.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I love Majora's Mask I finished with everything unlocked 100% and the Fierce Deity's Mask and the time limit is what make the game so epic and the story. But I rather see a whole new Zelda game for the 3DS, a touch screen control with toon link again.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
I love Majora's Mask I finished with everything unlocked 100% and the Fierce Deity's Mask and the time limit is what make the game so epic and the story. But I rather see a whole new Zelda game for the 3DS, a touch screen control with toon link again.
I agree with you on this. I was starting to wonder if I was the only person who liked the touch screen controls, as well as Toon Link.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As much as I wanna say no to more ports and remakes... I do want to see Majora's Mask. It's the one Zelda game I never touched and to own that along with OoT 3D would be pretty awesome imo. Any other LoZ game after that must be something new though >_>

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
TCJJ said:
I'd absolutely LOVE to see Majora's Mask. I never did finish it, so I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

As for a Link to the Past remake using the Ocarina of Time engine? NO. End of story.

How about a touch control only Spirit Tracks style remake of Link to the Past for the DS or 3DS ?
wink.gif
That sounds worse...
mellow.gif

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majora's mask would be cool to play in 3d I think. What would really help is if they did a master quest like version as well.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holyevil said:
The time limit isn't what annoyed me. I hated when I had to go or got tired and had to return to the first day to save while I was in the middle of something.

Saving while keeping your spot would be nice.

You could've saved using the owl statue. And I would love to see a port of Majora's Mask, I love new Zelda games, but I also love the old ones. For me it's

1) Ocarina of Time
2) Majora's Mask
3) Windwaker
4) Minish Cap
5) Twilight Princess
*Yes, that list may look very odd to some, but that's my order... I love all Zelda games... Not the CDi versions*

If they do make a port of Majora's Mask I will be really happy, if they don't, I'm still really happy. I love me some Ocarina of Time 3DS.
yaynds.gif
(Pretend that face is holding a 3DS)

QUOTELike decreasing the time limit to 2 days.

That would be difficult for developers, some missions required the final day.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ports and remakes can be annoying if they're of home console systems FOR home console systems. However, a port or remake of a home console game on a portable CANNOT be beaten. It's either the same awesome game, or an improved version of it, that not DOESN'T require you to be tethered to a television to play it. Nothing beats that.

Hell, I do MOST of my gaming from handhelds lately because most games just aren't awesome enough for me to sit still to play it. It's just easier to be able to take your game wherever it is that you're going and continue the same as ever.

Anyways, I'd love to replay Majora's Mask, my 2nd favorite Zelda game(Wind Waker is my favorite), but I just don't have the patience to stay still to play it, and I would also love to see the same type of improved visuals that you already see on Ocarina of Time on Majora's Mask. And thanks to Ocarina of Time already being done, and the two sharing many visual assets with each other, I don't see why Nintendo WOULDN'T release this at some point. It'd be too easy for them to make a quick buck out of releasing this too.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ron457x2 said:
Arm73 said:
TCJJ said:
I'd absolutely LOVE to see Majora's Mask. I never did finish it, so I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

As for a Link to the Past remake using the Ocarina of Time engine? NO. End of story.

How about a touch control only Spirit Tracks style remake of Link to the Past for the DS or 3DS ?
wink.gif
That sounds worse...
mellow.gif
I agree, that does sound like a bad idea.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even better, make the moon always win! [/sarcasm]

I would prefer a new Zelda game along the lines of Ocarina. Meaning I use the buttons and analog, and explore a 3D environment. No silly touch controls either.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
How about no. No more remakes/ports or anything. Come up with new ideas and stop being lazy.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Jul 4 2011, 11:49 PM) Even better, make the moon always win! [/sarcasm]

I would prefer a new Zelda game along the lines of Ocarina. Meaning I use the buttons and analog, and explore a 3D environment. No silly touch controls either.

I'd love to see a 3d Zelda based around the Minish cap, with the shrinking ability and everything- I always thought the ability to miniaturise yourself would look brilliant in a full 3d environment, even if it was only in small sections- the 3d effect would make it look even amazing-er.

Personally I liked Majora's more than I liked Twlight Princess- the water temple in TP is just poorly designed and annoying. If they did remake MM they should allow you to save whenever, I'd buy that! But as they'd be working from the OoT3d engine I'd rather a new game (and I am a fan of Toon Link, a prequel to Wind Waker set during the flood would be great)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday