Gaming Majora's Mask

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slyakin said:
Even better, make the moon always win! [/sarcasm]
That would make the game easier actually. The moon doesn't want to crash to death on the ground. That's why it drops tears.

Nathan576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's mask and Ocarina of time are just as good as each other I think. Ocarina of time has the killer story with great dungens but Majora's mask gives off this vibe that not found in OOT. I can't really explain it but Majora's mask has kinnda a dark/creepy but cool and fun feeling to play. It has tons of side missions and the music and clocktown and everything is awesome about it.. They took a huge risk with the game but it worked great. And who cares about the time limit, you can slow it down and get double the time and if time runs out oh no, who cares you loose some items but that's it. You even get to rebattle bosses now with new items because of it and that's awesome.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan576 said:
Majora's mask and Ocarina of time are just as good as each other I think. Ocarina of time has the killer story with great dungens but Majora's mask gives off this vibe that not found in OOT. I can't really explain it but Majora's mask has kinnda a dark/creepy but cool and fun feeling to play. It has tons of side missions and the music and clocktown and everything is awesome about it.. They took a huge risk with the game but it worked great. And who cares about the time limit, you can slow it down and get double the time and if time runs out oh no, who cares you loose some items but that's it. You even get to rebattle bosses now with new items because of it and that's awesome.

Yeah, I never had a problem with the moon crashing, it takes way too damn long to care. And you would not be the first to say something about Majora's Mask dark story line, some people didn't like that, I think it's awesome. Majora's Mask does have that weird vibe to it, maybe because everyone in the game is supposed to mirror the opposites of the characters original personalities.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they do remake this game. I used to hate it but then I actually played it all the way through and now it's one of my favorite Zelda titles.
And what's the problem with the time limit? People keep saying it sucks but they aren't saying why. It's not like it's an actual time limit, you just go back in time. Just save your rupees in the bank and you should have no problem having the funds to repurchase bombs and arrows and such. Also the inverted song of time takes off pretty much any stress caused by the "time limit" imo.

Holyevil said:
Saving while keeping your spot would be nice.
That's already in the game.
wink.gif
You can't save anywhere you want, but when you check an owl statue it gives you the option to save up to that point and quit.

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Nathan576 said:

Yeah, I never had a problem with the moon crashing, it takes way too damn long to care. And you would not be the first to say something about Majora's Mask dark story line, some people didn't like that, I think it's awesome. Majora's Mask does have that weird vibe to it, maybe because everyone in the game is supposed to mirror the opposites of the characters original personalities.
What do you mean by mirroring their personalities?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DeathStrudel said:
Holyevil said:
Saving while keeping your spot would be nice.
That's already in the game.
wink.gif
You can't save anywhere you want, but when you check an owl statue it gives you the option to save up to that point and quit.
What are you talking about?
You can either save and return to the first day, which isn't keeping your spot or save with the owl statues, what keeps your spot but they're set spots and it means you have to stop playing.

Don't winky face unless you really know what you're saying.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
omgpwn666 said:
Nathan576 said:

Termina and all of most of the characters in it are alternate versions of Hyrule and its residents.

Though I wouldn't say they were opposites. Altered, sure, but not opposites. For instance, Malon's a normal cheery girl in OoT, but in MM Romani (Malon's alternate Termina self) is more headstrong and energetic.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Charmandersrule said:
omgpwn666 said:
Nathan576 said:

Termina and all of most of the characters in it are alternate versions of Hyrule and its residents.

Though I wouldn't say they were opposites. Altered, sure, but not opposites. For instance, Malon's a normal cheery girl in OoT, but in MM Romani (Malon's alternate Termina self) is more headstrong and energetic.

Yeah, I feel wrong when ever I say that. I read somewhere they were opposite, which does not make too much sense when playing it. Since some people seem the same.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who don't like Majora's Mask are just shit at games.

That is actually a fact, it was explained by scientists several years ago and anyone who says different is sexually inclined to sleeping with the dead.

I hope Nintendo release a 3DS version and make the time limit shorter.

Nathan576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love majora's mask and a brand new 3ds zelda. I swear though if they make the new zelda for 3ds touch screen control only again I will personally fly to japan and kick whoevers ass that decided to do it.

Not really but still I would be pissed.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask would be a great game for the 3DS.

The mailbox system could actually be used to send messages over Wi-Fi once you get the Postman's Hat. It could be a truly interesting little system, too. Buy blank paper from the bazaar, use it to write on it, then use the paper at a mailbox to decide who to send it to and send it. That could also solve the problem of giving your deeds to the hand in the toilet, unless you just didn't have any use for said deeds in the 3-day cycle you were in.

And the different instruments would make for some awesome music composing. They could employ a system similar to Spirit Tracks' Spirit Pipes for the Pipes of Awakening, a guitar strumming system for the Guitar of Waves, and a drum-type system for the Drums of Sleep.

They could also fix the Ballad of the Windfish song to be the original instead of the weird version that was obviously NOT Ballad of the Windfish. Or change the name entirely, as that would work as well.

Unfortunately, they would have to make the actual Majora's Mask that much more terrifying.

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Majora's Mask would be a great game for the 3DS.

The mailbox system could actually be used to send messages over Wi-Fi once you get the Postman's Hat. It could be a truly interesting little system, too. Buy blank paper from the bazaar, use it to write on it, then use the paper at a mailbox to decide who to send it to and send it. That could also solve the problem of giving your deeds to the hand in the toilet, unless you just didn't have any use for said deeds in the 3-day cycle you were in.

And the different instruments would make for some awesome music composing. They could employ a system similar to Spirit Tracks' Spirit Pipes for the Pipes of Awakening, a guitar strumming system for the Guitar of Waves, and a drum-type system for the Drums of Sleep.

They could also fix the Ballad of the Windfish song to be the original instead of the weird version that was obviously NOT Ballad of the Windfish. Or change the name entirely, as that would work as well.

Unfortunately, they would have to make the actual Majora's Mask that much more terrifying.
That sounds..awesome! I can imagine sending my friends notes now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.