Elianis88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I'll ask something for those who knows how to romhack LoZ: OOT and MM.
Actually, I have the Romfs folder, Inside, there is many other folder, with .gar , . lzs , .moflex , .jslide etc.
I know how to change the text, and also the music, but anyone knows how to read another files?
I want to make a (big) romhack of this great game!

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
@Elianis88 Try to use EveryFileExplorer, Ohana3ds (models), you can also check on internet what is the file extension, if there's already a program to open it and if someone made a thread about it

Elianis88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll try, ok.
For the file extention, I've already make all the research, and I found a tool wich can open all .ctxb folder, that really help me, because the ctxb folders are images used in the game, like the save selection menu, or the maps at the bottom screen.
But, i'll try Ohana 3ds, so thank for your help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ohana 3d doesn't open the right folders, same for every file explorer :/

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try, ok.
For the file extention, I've already make all the research, and I found a tool wich can open all .ctxb folder, that really help me, because the ctxb folders are images used in the game, like the save selection menu, or the maps at the bottom screen.
But, i'll try Ohana 3ds, so thank for your help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ohana 3d doesn't open the right folders, same for every file explorer :/

As far as I know no one has developed a way to edit and reinsert textures or models.

Elianis88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sent a MP to 100pcrack, I copy it for you:
To begin with, download YATA + (Yet Another Theme Application).
Once you have it, double click on the bcstm sound you want to edit. (For exemple, in majora's mask, the sound folder is in /romfs/sound/streaming/Stream).
So, once you have click, choose to open it with YATA +, there will be a small window. choose "Convert from CWAV/BCSTM/BRSTM (Vgmstream) to WAV. Don't click on "play the file", you won't hear anything.
Once you have the WAV file, you can listen and enjoy the music of the game.

After, if you want to change this music, remenber the initial name of the BGM file. For exemple, "024NA_BGM_FILE_SELECT.dspadpcm.bcstm" is the file select menu. So, if you want to hear an other music when loading your files, choose a WAV of this music, and go in YATA +=>Edit=>BGM Converters=>WAV to BCSTM.
Once you have the Bcstm file, copy and past the name of the initial bcstm file, and copy your new bcstm in the sound folder. Enjoy!

I hope you will understand, it's not very clear, but don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know something.
I'm french, I speak English "very" well, but I may do some errors.

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE make it so we can have the Inverted Song of Time as similar to the original game as possible. This can allow us to beat the game in 3 days without resorting to glitches.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent a MP to 100pcrack, I copy it for you:
To begin with, download YATA + (Yet Another Theme Application).
Once you have it, double click on the bcstm sound you want to edit. (For exemple, in majora's mask, the sound folder is in /romfs/sound/streaming/Stream).
So, once you have click, choose to open it with YATA +, there will be a small window. choose "Convert from CWAV/BCSTM/BRSTM (Vgmstream) to WAV. Don't click on "play the file", you won't hear anything.
Once you have the WAV file, you can listen and enjoy the music of the game.

After, if you want to change this music, remenber the initial name of the BGM file. For exemple, "024NA_BGM_FILE_SELECT.dspadpcm.bcstm" is the file select menu. So, if you want to hear an other music when loading your files, choose a WAV of this music, and go in YATA +=>Edit=>BGM Converters=>WAV to BCSTM.
Once you have the Bcstm file, copy and past the name of the initial bcstm file, and copy your new bcstm in the sound folder. Enjoy!

I hope you will understand, it's not very clear, but don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know something.
I'm french, I speak English "very" well, but I may do some errors.

I just make my custom music using brawlbox, then converting to bcstm. Saves a few steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.