Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
Some things in this translation are unclear..Most of all, I'm really interested in: "This product is M3Adapter.com original product and Nintendo's licensing product."

Is this the bad translation, or it's really supported by Nintendo..somehow I doubt it!!

This all shows that they are really working hard, but I just hope they aren't going to state the release dates for their products anymore, as I always end up disapointed..
always get a 2nd opinion for translations!

babelfish translates that line better(tough most is even worse)
"This product is the original product of M3Adapter.com, is not the license product of the Nintendo Co. corporation."
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...f%2fm3sakura.jp

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those screenshots look great!
smile.gif

I still prefer the skin from the beta though...

D

Deleted User

I just hope we can get it in blue
wink.gif

Which we should be able to
smile.gif
(Well, with skinning, anyway)

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RaiDesu said:
MadPerson said:
RaiDesu said:
Bad translation. Unless perhaps, rom support is removed in M3 Sakura.

If it didn have Rom Support then would be no point in using it / Making it

True, as you could not play your own backups. However, homebrew would still work. Is there no point in using homebrew?

Exactly. Otherwise there would be no point in making the Games 'n' Music.
happy.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks very much for the translation, it cleared some things!!

From the pictures, it looks like there's not going to be icon menu, only list of files from which you choose what to play (music, video or games)..

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stratton_865 said:
RaiDesu said:
MadPerson said:
RaiDesu said:
Bad translation. Unless perhaps, rom support is removed in M3 Sakura.

If it didn have Rom Support then would be no point in using it / Making it

True, as you could not play your own backups. However, homebrew would still work. Is there no point in using homebrew?
Exactly. Otherwise there would be no point in making the Games 'n' Music.
happy.gif
The point of the Games 'n' Music was to sell a shitty flashcart to the ignorant general public. Anyone who can tell a PassMe from Pacman wouldn't touch it with a 20-foot BoneMonkey.

If a flashcart was released that only played homebrew, there would be no point in buying it since all the competing flashcarts do support commercial ROMs.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
If a flashcart was released that only played homebrew, there would be no point in buying it since all the competing flashcarts do support commercial ROMs.

But it could be accepted by Nintendo, making it "official" Nintendo-homebrew cart, and therefore, lots of people who doesn't know of NDS pirate scene (and there are lots and lots of people) would buy it..It's not the smartest thing, but people would buy it because they don't know better..

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Urza said:

But it could be accepted by Nintendo, making it "official" Nintendo-homebrew cart, and therefore, lots of people who doesn't know of NDS pirate scene (and there are lots and lots of people) would buy it..It's not the smartest thing, but people would buy it because they don't know better..
I doubt that anyone who is aware of the presence of homebrew isn't aware of DS piracy methods as well.

Regardless, if Nintendo made their own "official" flashcart (which they are), I highly doubt it would even run unsigned code.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
I doubt that anyone who is aware of the presence of homebrew isn't aware of DS piracy methods as well.

Regardless, if Nintendo made their own "official" flashcart (which they are), I highly doubt it would even run unsigned code.

There are people unaware of homebrew presence! Here in Croatia, there is literally NO scene, and very few people know of flashcarts..So, I believe there are lots of countrys with the same situacion, but you have point with the theory of unsigned code, "official cart" would be highly abused without that, and Nintendo wouldn't allow that..

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
There are people unaware of homebrew presence! Here in Croatia, there is literally NO scene, and very few people know of flashcarts..So, I believe there are lots of countrys with the same situacion
You missed the point.

You said people would buy it to run homebrew, but are unaware of the piracy scene.

I'm saying that almost every aware of homebrew is also aware of the piracy scene.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
You missed the point.

You said people would buy it to run homebrew, but are unaware of the piracy scene.

I'm saying that almost every aware of homebrew is also aware of the piracy scene.

I didn't miss the point, I meant to say that people are unaware of the homebrew and piracy scene, but if such cart was released by Nintendo, that would mean that people WOULD get into homebrew (even if they don't know about it at this point, this cart would bring the scene to them)..And that is something Nintendo really doesn't want to do.
And if someone gets into homebrew, it's only matter of minutes/hours until he/she would discover the whole piracy/flashcarts thing, but he/she was unaware of it few hours before, which means that "Nintendo's homebrew cart" bring it to them..

But the point is, it would sell pretty well (at least in the beginning)..

ontopic: did someone e-mailed M3 team about the release date? As far as we know, it could be end of 06. month, and that's far off..

D

Deleted User

Thanks a lot for the real translation of the page. I've taken 3 semesters of college Japanese, and I still can't read enough kanji to have any idea what is going on in real Japanese :'( All I have to say is I get more excited every day about sakura. Pretty soon my balls are gonna be so blue they'll fall off!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Urza said:
You missed the point.

I didn't miss the point, I meant to say that people are unaware of the homebrew and piracy scene, but if such cart was released by Nintendo, that would mean that people WOULD get into homebrew (even if they don't know about it at this point, this cart would bring the scene to them)..And that is something Nintendo really doesn't want to do.
And if someone gets into homebrew, it's only matter of minutes/hours until he/she would discover the whole piracy/flashcarts thing, but he/she was unaware of it few hours before, which means that "Nintendo's homebrew cart" bring it to them..
And of course my second point was that Nintendo wouldn't release (let alone advertise) a cart that played homebrew.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
And of course my second point was that Nintendo wouldn't release (let alone advertise) a cart that played homebrew.

Toni Plutonij said:
....... but you have point with the theory of unsigned code, "official cart" would be highly abused without that, and Nintendo wouldn't allow that..

I already agreed on that with you!!
wink.gif

I've just wanted to say that such cart, if it was made and released by Nintendo, would be used, and that people would buy it because they don't know of that part "scene" Nintendo DS has..That cart would introduce such people to the homebrew, but as you said (and I agreed) it's not likely to happen..

Urza

There would be no point to us (people from this community, and people who knows of flash carts)..But bottom line I'm trying to point out..IF Nintendo officialy release something like that, sales would be high, and it would be accepted..

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the M3 real team should have waited till they actually had M3 sakura almost finished before announcing it....

i think, the M3 simply was dropped because the R4 and M3 simply came from the same factory, if Nintendo did take action against R4 it is logical to assume the producers of the R4 were shut down and by extension the M3 simply too.

so the M3 real, is basically a cheap on the spot replacement, with basic firmware, so people have an alternative for the meantime while they develop the proper new firmare for the M3DS real.
the M3 real is the next flashcard, but they had to rush it out to replace the simply due to circumstances, and it has problems because of this, as the GBAtemp review said its only difference between the simply, is the SDHC support and GBA expansion support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...