Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RevLTD said:
I don't think it'll be a new cart, as m3 sakura test version works fine on the real cart. But the text does indeed read "2008 June sale plans." So I don't really know, but as it works on the Real i think it will be for the real.
The test version of sakura also is compatible with the R4 and other carts too, though. The "Firmware" version had the same functionality.

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't own any carts except for the real, so I did not know the firmware version worked on other carts. Guess it will be a new cart then unless it uses same api's and stuff.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeoGunKuruma said:
RevLTD said:
I don't think it'll be a new cart, as m3 sakura test version works fine on the real cart. But the text does indeed read "2008 June sale plans." So I don't really know, but as it works on the Real i think it will be for the real.
The test version of sakura also is compatible with the R4 and other carts too, though. The "Firmware" version had the same functionality.

ok lets just say they not releasing a new cart but as a firmware version... well when it is released.... it all depends if the m3 team is willing to share their firmware with other teams. if m3 team changes a little bit on the file structure, without the software version(.nds) other teams wont be able to port it to their flashcarts even if they had the beta loader (m3test2.nds) or not.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Opium @ May 13 2008, 12:56 AM)
I changed the stupid topic title. Hopefully it wont mislead people now.

i wanted to change the topic title after the first complaint. but i didnt have the rights to. well anyway, thanks.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would they give their time and effort away to the competition ?
all this cart needs is that firmware and some RTS and can be put up there with the cycloDS

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I edited the cardart/boxart to make a simple logo
smile.gif
:
m3sakuralogo.png

RaiDesu

Trophies
Website
raimei.comic-era.com
XP
Country
United States
kingof4j said:
NeoGunKuruma said:
RevLTD said:

ok lets just say they not releasing a new cart but as a firmware version... well when it is released.... it all depends if the m3 team is willing to share their firmware with other teams. if m3 team changes a little bit on the file structure, without the software version(.nds) other teams wont be able to port it to their flashcarts even if they had the beta loader (m3test2.nds) or not.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Opium @ May 13 2008, 12:56 AM)
I changed the stupid topic title. Hopefully it wont mislead people now.

i wanted to change the topic title after the first complaint. but i didnt have the rights to. well anyway, thanks.

Releasing either the code to other groups, or providing an alternative firmware for other cards? Not likely, as it'll reduce their profits. m3test2.nds is probably a little appetizer, trying to cause us to switch over (it worked for my, mine is on the way).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think the same thing too, I believe, they released the "bait" so other cart users would consider switching to M3 Real when Sakura comes..

And by the look so far, if it turns out as expected, it might be up there with the best carts..
I hope they won't mess it up..

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
11gardir said:
Then...
In june

"M3 Sakura release date: September"!

If it's anything like Super Smash Bro's Brawl (for Europe), or Spawn for that matter, then it'll likely happen. I don't know who gave out the previous false release estimates (e.g. a week after the beta came out) but so far there has been nothing but disappointment, previews, and lack of news updates (in/translated english at least).

But here's hoping that it does come out in June - I want to see what they've been spending all this time doing!

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's the whole site in English then: http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...://m3sakura.jp/

QUOTE said:
Advanced Features
You can watch music files on your PC (MP3) or video files (DPG-only format) can carry, easily portable game machine will be able to enjoy it.
Japanese full support.
MicroSD is fully compatible with conventional.
High-speed, large capacity microSDHC to deal with more music files.
Safety-conscious features as standard disk check.
Firmware upgrades are available.
Touch & slide intuitive interface provides a method adopted.
Skins changing features, the overall design can be customized.
SAWARE control bar to see music playback capability.
AKUSESARIRANCHA that can be customized chips.
Application automatic add-on board.
OTOREJUMU playback functions.
MP3 / WAV / OGG music files directly renewable.
Play video files directly. (DPG-only format)

News
2008/05/12 Home re-2008/05/12
M3Sakura M3 beta testing is completed.
Thank you all very much offense.

Requirements

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or more
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional Service Pack 2 or more
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 or higher (Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / Me / Vista is officially supported.)

Standards microSDHC microSD memory card or memory card standard, 32 MByte or more space is available.
FAT16 / FAT32 : FAT16 / FAT32
The maximum amount of memory 2GByte (microSD) / 8GByte (microSDHC)
Recommended Memory Card Apacer / SanDisk / Kingston
Our compatibility testing of its own. Each manufacturer of this product is guaranteed to work.
Memory cards are used by the production lot may not work because the pre-please be patient.

Screenshots and Videos
Under construction.

Support and Download
Under construction.

Sakura is DSLite or M3 DS only.
The product design, appearance, etc. If you are subject to change.
The product degradation, modification, please do not and can never be.
This product is M3Adapter.com original product and Nintendo's licensing product.
Described in the product names are trademarks or registered trademarks.
Some movies and music files are unavailable.
Turn the camera on a state can never be swapped in and out of the product, please do not.
Use a memory card that may not work.
This product is a handheld gaming device more comfortable to use for the purpose of development.
Music and videos and other acts of copyright infringement is not absolute, please.

Caution concerning copyright music, videos, computer programs, databases, including copyright law, copyright and the rights of copyright holders are protected by. These works without permission is, in a personal or family use only you can do. The purpose may exceed the author's consent to replicate it without (including data format conversion), alteration, transfer of the replica on the network, such as serving them, "piracy", "authors Personality rights violations "as a compensation claim and may be subject to criminal penalties. This product is used to be replicated, and if it is to comply with copyright law on the appropriate use of our mind at all times, please do.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Some things in this translation are unclear..Most of all, I'm really interested in: "This product is M3Adapter.com original product and Nintendo's licensing product."

Is this the bad translation, or it's really supported by Nintendo..somehow I doubt it!!

This all shows that they are really working hard, but I just hope they aren't going to state the release dates for their products anymore, as I always end up disapointed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk