Hacking M3i black screen loading Sakura problem

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a DSiXL with a M3i zero card and it works just fine except for one problem. I've got a 32gb class 10 memory card. Every so often the system stops working. Trying to start Sakura just leaves you at a black screen. The only way I can fix it is to put the microsd in my computer and restore the SYSTEM directory from a known good one. This is very annoying as i need the computer to do it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? are there any alternatives I can try on this card? I like Sakura but would use something else if it fixed this problem

Thanks for the help

Roveer

Dracs

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a similar problem.
M3 DS Real with the last firmware Sakura just go black screen after M3 DS logo.

The first time I changed the SYSTEM file, I got a failure screen telling me to try to format the mscard.
I did so and now I just have a black screen, even when I update the SYSTEM file.
And it's the same thing with all older Sakura firmware I tried.

Strangely, it works when I go back to the old M3 DS firmwares.
No idea what the heck is going on.

I'll got back another mscard next week, I'll try with this one.
Although I doubt it comes from the mscard, as I have no problem using it on my computer or with an older firmware.

If anyone has a guess about what is happening, I'll be grateful, thank you.

EDIT :
Problem fixed
I format using the Panasonic SD Formatter, as adviced here
I guess that's the difference between low level and high level formatting, and that before, when I was formatting fast, some corrupted stuff remained on my SD. Never would have guessed on my own.
Anyway, everythings seems to work fine now.

Still, it has been years since the last time I got interested into what was happening in the DS linker scene. I didn't know that the M3 had fall in such state. :/
I guess I'll start to think about buying another cartridge, just in case. Probably acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1