Hacking M3 Movie Player and GBA SAV files?

spacorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wouldn't touch the save manager from the M3 client if I were you. It doesn't work if you have too many files on the same folder, and he buttons are a bit confusing.
Use this tool instead (I don't remember where I got it, so I'm sorry for not giving due credit). It converts M3's .dat into .sav back and forth.
There's two things you have to keep in mind though, that the tools doesn't make too clear.
- .dat files are CASE SENSITIVE, and for some reason, this tool writes all files on lowercase. You need to write the file name capitalized exactly like the .gba rom file. (If you don't match cases, M3 will be able to read them, but then it won't be able to rewrite over it, so you're stuck on whatever save file you copied first)
- The .dat files has some metadata for the game it belongs to, and when you're converting from .sav to .dat, you need to set it up. Here's how you do it: copy the .gba rom file name, extension included; select a .dat file on the M3 Save Tool; and paste the game name where it says "M3 long name". Also, make sure it says "GBA Mode" on the right. Then click on "Update M3 short and long name" (short name is written automatically).
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• M3 Save Tool.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 129

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey what's the difference between write .sav and read .sav?
Write sav is putting save data to the dat file so that you can run it on your DS/L.
Read sav is extracting the save so you can make a backup or plan to modify the contents and write it back later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one