Not open for further replies.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I see that normal and dev builds got merged with the latest v6.2.3-420ccdcb build. There are some new options that I can't understand on the Luma3DS configuration menu(SELECT on bootup) but this seems quite useful.

The only new ones I see compared to previous dev versions are "Splash" and "Enable FIRMs ... loading from SD"

The first one controls the optional splash screen feature, the second controls whether or not to load firmware.bin from SD:/luma/. Very glad that second option was added as I no longer have to keep moving firmware.bin around or switching between dev and non-dev depending on circumstances, I can just now change that option as needed.

I've seen mentioned several times (between here and reddit) if it was possible to make a custom version for each NAND (Sys/Emu1/2/3/4), but would this feature be actually used? It's actually easy to do, but I'm wondering about that.

I think it would be useful. Perhaps best done by either separate .txt files specifying the string or perhaps using the same file and just using linebreaks as separators (Windows or Linux style linebreaks) and each line determines the string for each instance.

I for one would make use of it, if I used multiple NANDs as I'd prefer to use a custom string for each one.

Last edited by Rfire,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, stupid question, but this is the first update since I went to Luma3DS.

Do I just go to settings and Update the firmware, or is there anything particular I need to do?

Danny[DEC]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Migrated to Luma from Reinand and updated to the last firmware, and working like a charm! (But im not on the a9hl-MasterRace, im too lazy...).

I have just one question... If i play on all the games with the Clock+L2 it can brake/deteriorate my n3ds in any way? Something like battery life, cpu life... etc.

Thank you!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Why are you using HANS if you have luma? Most, if not all, of what HANS can do can be done much better with other software in CFW, or by the CFW itself via patching.
Huh, NTR is what does part of this, and
Migrated to Luma from Reinand and updated to the last firmware, and working like a charm! (But im not on the a9hl-MasterRace, im too lazy...).

I have just one question... If i play on all the games with the Clock+L2 it can brake/deteriorate my n3ds in any way? Something like battery life, cpu life... etc.

Thank you!
Battery life may be shorter. But it wont damage your system. After all, it's making your system run at its designed speed.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i know luma has firm protection, but I am curious, is just A9LH protected or is also the Native firm write protected? when i updated to 11.1, am I still using a old Native firm from like 9.2 or 11.0?

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country

Thank you!
Huh, NTR is what does part of this, and

Battery life may be shorter. But it wont damage your system. After all, it's making your system run at its designed speed.
Clock and l2 should only work when on a9lh.

I'm editing this because I'm wrong. They should work.

Last edited by novren,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I own the Luma with A9LH I can install the Gateway in Emunand mode. I can use both CFW separately without any kind of conflict.
Observation: My Start menu Luma has Emunand9 and Hourglass9.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you!
It should be said that you *may* run into a few games here and there that have bugs with that feature turned on...most will work just fine though. Keep it in mind if you see a game acting weird after forcing the increased clock speed.

robin96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So if I update my luma3ds sysNAND to the newest firmware, will I still be able to install unsigned .cia files?

robin96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
IF you have correct setup for booting Custom Firmware, YES!

So I managed to update my emuNAND to the latest firmware while keeping my sysNAND intact at 9.2.0-20U, but when I try to install devmenu or freeshop on my emuNAND using FBI it returns an error.

It says something like this:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD900458A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Wrong argument (8)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: <unknown> (394)

Did I do something wrong?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be said that you *may* run into a few games here and there that have bugs with that feature turned on...most will work just fine though. Keep it in mind if you see a game acting weird after forcing the increased clock speed.
Sonic racing transformed actually locks up whenever the vehicle transforms when using clock and L2, which is a shame because the game really benefits with being less choppy until it soft locks

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I managed to update my emuNAND to the latest firmware while keeping my sysNAND intact at 9.2.0-20U, but when I try to install devmenu or freeshop on my emuNAND using FBI it returns an error.

It says something like this:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD900458A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Wrong argument (8)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: <unknown> (394)

Did I do something wrong?

check this. https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/437hc3/cant_install_cia/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.