Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to forget that you need to COPY cia's to the card (use a USB 3 card reader),
and when it's time to backup / copy files to/from the PC (esp 30 or so GB), 90/80 speeds will own ya

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
All I'm saying here is, if you are vigilant, you might get a better card for less money.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12411104769&vpn=SDCA3/64GB&manufacture=KINGSTON <-- 90R / 80W for only $33
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14051126140&vpn=SDSQXNE-064G-CN6MA&manufacture=SANDISK <-- 90R / 48W for $38

If you're a cheapskate, you can even save with this one:
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14051119132&vpn=SDSQUNC-064G-CN6MA&manufacture=SANDISK <-- 80R / 48W for $20

Cheers

EDIT: Those are the MAXIMUM speeds, btw, only achievable with a USB3 reader

Last edited by Pacman`,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
You seem to forget that you need to COPY cia's to the card (use a USB 3 card reader),
and when it's time to backup / copy files to/from the PC (esp 30 or so GB), 90/80 speeds will own ya
There are many ways to get games without having to copy the CIA to your SD card first.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
OK,my memory is a bit rusty
i have old 3DS with rxtools 3.0
i want to switch to luma ,downloaded the files and made menuhax to boot to luma.3dsx,but i am getting red screen.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A friend of mine tried to install SmileBASIC on her O3DS XL with firmware v11.0.0 and Luma v5.5 in emunand (no a9lh installed) and told me it doesn't work at all. I tried it out and it doesn't work on mine either (same as hers but not XL). When trying to load the program without updating it, it gets stuck on 3DS logo. Tried after updating it and the console threw system error, forcing me to restart the console. Halp :(

toxuin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using a New 3DS XL on SysNANS 9.2 USA, followed the plailect's guide to downgrade and grab OTP, worked quite well. Problem is my system does not allow me to update. When I go to system settings I see "Sys 9.2.0-20U", then I select "System Update" and it gives me "An error has occurred. Unable to update. System will now be restarted."
In luma configurator, I have "autoboot sysnand", "sysnand is updated", "force A9LH detection", "show NAND in system settings".
No DNS, no content blocking, nothing.
What am I missing?..

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am using a New 3DS XL on SysNANS 9.2 USA, followed the plailect's guide to downgrade and grab OTP, worked quite well. Problem is my system does not allow me to update. When I go to system settings I see "Sys 9.2.0-20U", then I select "System Update" and it gives me "An error has occurred. Unable to update. System will now be restarted."
In luma configurator, I have "autoboot sysnand", "sysnand is updated", "force A9LH detection", "show NAND in system settings".
No DNS, no content blocking, nothing.
What am I missing?..

What parts of the guide did you skip?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ever hear of backup, quick format and copy back?
heh, do you know how flash storage works? just because it might be logically "unfragmented" doesn't mean it phisically is. flash controller remap their storage all the time. plus, since there is no physical read head moving around on a platter, defragmenting it doesn't do anything.

either way, thats pff topic now

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh, do you know how flash storage works? just because it might be logically "unfragmented" doesn't mean it phisically is. flash controller remap their storage all the time. plus, since there is no physical read head moving around on a platter, defragmenting it doesn't do anything.

either way, thats pff topic now
Yep, that's why it's not good to completely use up an SSD's capacity. Need to leave room so the cells can wear evenly

NickRay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask what I'm sure is an already answered question, but am I safe to update to 11.0 FW? Currently on Luma 5.something with A9LH on 10.7. Do I need to follow any other steps other than system updating like normal?

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i'd like to ask. (sorry for the long explanation)

I'm about to update my friends luma3ds (currently he's running New3dsXL A9LH + Luma 5.4), he bought a pre-A9LHed 3DS from online store. All works great so far on CFW 11.
I encounter weird stuff happening when i try to copy paste the new luma files.

1. Delete config file from luma3ds folder, copy all new luma 3ds 5.5 file, boot to configuration, enable autoboot sysnand and all plailect's recommended config.
system boots up but its on 9.2 FW and all title managers gone

2. Delete config file from luma3ds folder, copy all new luma 3ds 5.5 file, boot to configuration, disable autoboot sysnand and enable all plailect's recommended config.
system boots up and its on 11 FW with title manager etc

It seems i'm unable to select autoboot sysnand, does it mean the 3DS is using emunand or other nand? i tried to extract the emunand from SD card with emunandTool but it failed because no emunand is detected.

As i know we can't return to 9.2 after updating to 11 right? (without injecting back nand backups)

Can somebody tell me what this 3ds is using? thanks

Last edited by weks,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp