Status
Not open for further replies.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though i wouldn't take it too seriously you do really good work and it definitely NOT the same as RX

^This
RxTools is loaded with stuff most people will not use, where as AuReiNAND keeps a good balance as the stuff that is added is useful to most of us, which is why we will continue to use AuReiNAND over ReiNAND and pass on RxTools.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will the region-free feature eventually work with DLC? I still need to run NTR to see the DLC in Taiko no Tatsujin.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so deleting CTR-N-A3AP has removed one of the black boxes. However, one is still there, and it has... an update notification??? I cannot seem to pin-point which title this is... All the other tiles installed to CTR-NAND should be there, right? Unless the dummy title data is irregular, I don't know?
you can remove the nand title that are installed as app (dont uninstall a system one or you will regret it)

Chaos Cat

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
185336053080b8f7a4fffc57b9333c2c.png

Though i wouldnt take it too seriously you do really good work and it definitely NOT the same as RX

always at the centre of shit stirring sammy boy

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just experienced something pretty weird. I just replaced my arm9loaderhax.bin to update to the latest version (from 3.14) and when I rebooted I had a new title on my home screen read to be unwrapped. After unwrapping it all I get is a blank icon and opening this results in getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. Has anyone else experienced this?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^This
RxTools is loaded with stuff most people will not use, where as AuReiNAND keeps a good balance as the stuff that is added is useful to most of us, which is why we will continue to use AuReiNAND over ReiNAND and pass on RxTools.

Exactly Aurei add a few things but it is still a VERY minimal CFW + it still has Firm1/0 Protection which is important
Everyone stop arguing, lol.
Each CFW has their flaws.
Each CFW appeals to different people.
Use the one that appeals to you the most.

Rei and Aurora are both phenomenal people.

Exactly this Aurora does great work but we musnt forget its Rei's work that is the Base

Off-topic reply to plebs time
always at the centre of shit stirring sammy boy

Only reason i dont report report you for that racist signature is because im actually english so i dont care lol its nto directly affecting me.

Even if it is directly aimed at me because you cant do a simple retort so revert to stalker tactics

P.S speaking of shit stirring remember when you little daddy @Cha0s Em3rald said "Chaos Doesnt have adds" as a retort to ISO

Gets abit strange when 80% of the sites threads are made by him and they contain this

5e66892e1d31486712bc6cc551c241e1.png

1 Post in his thread contained this 31 Times if that isnt advertising what is

Btw gotta love the Chaos Site when its fanboys are stalking my facebook in an attempt to insult me lol - Pro advertising

Like cmon Chaos Cat you have me on follow to put in some valid retort argument and this is what you come up with for someone who spends 50% of their posts tryharding against me you could at least put up a real fight

Seriously though that Chaos / Rufel circle jerk of post liking GG
Btw it was @Xenosaiga that linked me the image, besides its not shit stirring when Rei said it himself Aurora would have seen it eventually may aswell flush it out now

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: Noroxus

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to manually inject the new loader CXI into the firmware.bin file? Or just download the new release and replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file?

Reactions: Hyura

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just experienced something pretty weird. I just replaced my arm9loaderhax.bin to update to the latest version (from 3.14) and when I rebooted I had a new title on my home screen read to be unwrapped. After unwrapping it all I get is a blank icon and opening this results in getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. Has anyone else experienced this?
You've likely have something installed to your NAND accidentally (it gives a black box when games/apps are installed to NAND rather than SD) but it was from a different region so it didn't show until the newest version which includes region-free patching.

Chaos Cat

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
squeer use google properly it may be your only friend and see that fenian is an irish warrior
you try to make about religion because you are so stupid you dont know difference
dont care your from manchester you still look like a girl
now run and report this post you are good at making up lies to mods

Reactions: Cha0s Em3rald

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've likely have something installed to your NAND accidentally (it gives a black box when games/apps are installed to NAND rather than SD) but it was from a different region so it didn't show until the newest version which includes region-free patching.
Hm, I can't imagine what that would be. The only thing I've installed to my NAND is DS whitelist patch and the AGB_FIRM patch. Formatting system memory wouldn't solve this would it, since it's potentially installed to the NAND? Does anyone know of a way I can figure out what this title is easily to delete it?

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Try this, use FBI, switch to NAND mode (L) and Delete Title mode (Rx2). Scroll through the list of titles looking at the Category of each on the top screen. Most should say System or TWL. If you see one that says App, that may be your culprit. As always, make a backup of your NAND!

I'll let you in on some insight...
Why don't you copy your SD card contents to your pc and backup your current nand (the one with the problem).
Then try deleting that weird one (No Product Code(?) - Dummy data title (ID: 0x00108))

If it works, no worries.
If it didn't, you can restore your nand and try it again?

you can remove the nand title that are installed as app (dont uninstall a system one or you will regret it)

Okay, so deleting the Dummy data title didn't help anything, but it didn't break anything either (not that I can tell). I am going to restore my emuNAND just in case, but I did figure out what the second black box was. It wasn't installed to the nand at all, but rather some sort of botched installation of something. I went into my system titles and saw an item that was just a question mark and was listed as zero blocks, so I deleted it and poof, second black box was gone. I am going to take a guess and say that was a messed up install of a game or something from awhile ago that must have been out of region or corrupt or something.

But anyways, thank you all for your help!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the last 3-4 pages are people seeing this. It's because you installed a CIA in NAND that was not meant to be there.

Please try this:

1. Backup your NAND with Decrypt9 / emuNAND9
  2. Open FBI and switch to NAND Mode (L)
  3. Switch to Remove Title mode (Rx2)
  4. Scroll down through the list looking at the Category of each title on the top screen.
  5. Most should be System or TWL, any that say App may need removing.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
get this error while compiling v4.01:
../Documents/sources/AuReiNand/injector/source/loader.c:200:3: error: unknown type name 'CodeSetInfo'
CodeSetInfo codesetinfo;
^
../Documents/sources/AuReiNand/injector/source/loader.c:249:24: error: request for member 'name' in something not a structure or union
memcpy(&codesetinfo.name, g_exheader.codesetinfo.name, 8);

What am I missing on my dev system (version 3.14 is compiling fine) ?
Thanks in advance.

Same here :/. I think we miss some dependencies from Cosmo3DS. I installed makerom but it doesn't seems to be enough... Any tip, @Aurora Wright ? :)

185336053080b8f7a4fffc57b9333c2c.png

Though i wouldnt take it too seriously you do really good work and it definitely NOT the same as RX

@Reisyukaku didn't meant anything disrespectful here. He just said that Aurora took an other route than his CFW, which aims to stay lightweight/minimal. You must admit that AuReiNAND included a bunch of feature that ARE not features of a lightweight/clean CFW (for example, the payload chaining). This DOESN'T mean that Aurora did something wrong or anything, just that the CFW has not the same goals.
RxTools original goal was also to have a LOT of features, and yeah, it got a bit "bloated" at the end. This doesn't mean it was a mistake, just it was not greatly done. But Aurora did a really great job so far, so I trust her.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
fellas ladies, i am abit confused.
i read some minute ago in some thread that > "SysNAND CFW increases boot/read-write speeds even more." < and since there are some of you guys here who have made the switch to use CFW in your sysNAND by swapping your emuNAND into your sysNAND.

have you guys noticed any better speeds? i have done the swapping on my og3ds and i feel like it 'slowed' down than 'gotten faster' could be just me though.
and on my og i have a class4 card only, that could also be why it goes slow on me, no idea.

my ogxl/n3dsxl both have class10 mSD's.

anyway, what is your experience with the swapped Nands, nothing special ? besides the vanilla feel, GBA games etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol