Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the question for people with A9LH already is what does Auroras for for stage 1 + stage two give? Skipped back a few pages but things move so fast, from the git I see power off when no SD and something about home button firms(mobile view is bleh.)

Reactions: pbanj

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the question for people with A9LH already is what does Auroras for for stage 1 + stage two give? Skipped back a few pages but things move so fast, from the git I see power off when no SD and something about home button firms(mobile view is bleh.)
I went with it because it has recent merges from dark-samus3 and someone I trust confirmed Auroa build is safe but it hasn't been officially released yet so I can only confirm it work for me bad on a pull done today, last commit 10hrs ago.

Last edited by democracy,

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went with it because it has recent merges from dark-samus3 and someone I trust confirmed Auro build is safe.
So to do a full install do i need to have the files named
  • firm1.bin (renamed from new3ds10.firm)
  • firm0.bin (renamed from new3ds90.firm)
  • secret_sector.bin
  • payload_stage1.bin
  • payload_stage2.bin (bot payload.bins compiled from the dark_samus/Aurora fork)
All inside of a folder named "a9lh" then put the arm9loaderhax.bin from the safea9lhinstaller 1.2.1 and "a9lh" folder with everything on my SD root and boot my 3DS and press select?

Edit: all coming from the original version i compiled from its first release and then updated with dark_samus3 screen_init

Last edited by DQScott95,

Tomsquik Chill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
  • secret_sector.bin
  • payload_stage1.bin
  • payload_stage2.bin (bot payload.bins compiled from the dark_samus/Aurora fork)
All inside of a folder named "a9lh" then put the arm9loaderhax.bin from the safea9lhinstaller 1.2.1 and "a9lh" folder with everything on my SD root and boot my 3DS and press select?

Edit: all coming from the original version i compiled from its first release and then updated with dark_samus3 screen_init
I just did this an hour ago. I am from early a9lh since feb. working fine but my screen init when boot now.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. quick update, upgraded to AuRei 3.1.0

I totally removed my splash screen and was amazed at my new boot time of 8 seconds, this is the fastest booting time yet

It wasn't even promoted as a feature, but i am very happy

Thanks Aurora as always :)

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this an hour ago. I am from early a9lh since feb. working fine but my screen init when boot now.
I just did this too and I also still have screen_init. I think it is because dark_samus3 is working on a recovery that goes off using the screen_init function. So that is probably why it is still there. @dark_samus3 @Aurora Wright can either of you confirm?

Last edited by DQScott95,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. quick update, upgraded to AuRei 3.1.0

I totally removed my splash screen and was amazed at my new boot time of 8 seconds, this is the fastest booting time yet

It wasn't even promoted as a feature, but i am very happy

Thanks Aurora as always :)
Which arm9 fork did you use, fix94?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • secret_sector.bin
  • payload_stage1.bin

Sorry mate, I can't confirm this. I don't have the time to check accuracy of file names, etc and and i don't want to be responsible for any bricks.

The OP already done all the work on this. My only comment that may be helpful, it's a bit ambiguous to me the file the loader will call for for stage 2 but I posted a good solution a few pages back that worked for me. Cheers!

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which arm9 fork did you use, fix94?

i haven't changed mine since it was launched by darm_samus3, then used the screen init that came out just after

my comments had nothing to do with A9LH tbh, was commenting on the new release of AuReinand on this AuReinand thread :P

Reactions: democracy

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
i haven't changed mine since it was launched by darm_samus3, then used the screen init that came out just after

my comments had nothing to do with A9LH tbh, was commenting on the new release of AuReinand on this AuReinand thread :P
He meant to get the boot time. I can only get mine to about 11 or 12 seconds booting A9LH sysNAND w/ the patch flag.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He meant to get the boot time. I can only get mine to about 11 or 12 seconds booting A9LH sysNAND w/ the patch flag.

ahhh right, i just included the flag file, removed the splash screen and use a really good card

i know some will argue that the 3ds bottle necks so makes no difference what msd you use, but from my own tests i get a 9.5 second boot on a samsung 64gb uhs1 card and 8 second boot with a sandisk extreme pro 64gb card

sorry for any confusion earlier

Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh right, i just included the flag file, removed the splash screen and use a really good card

i know some will argue that the 3ds bottle necks so makes no difference what msd you use, but from my own tests i get a 9.5 second boot on a samsung 64gb uhs1 card and 8 second boot with a sandisk extreme pro 64gb card

sorry for any confusion earlier
I believe quality of card is a factor but so is # of games installed and capacity of card

Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright