Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is twlbg whatever? that new option under the configuration for the expermental patches for NDS and GBA games? I mean It shrinks the screen when i hold select on boot. Not sure how is useful. :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwlBg is not needed anymore. Luma has new option in its menu that allows TWL_FIRM patching on-the-fly, essentially replacing TwlBg
I'm a idiot so please explain what this means for people who never heard of it or seem like it was needed that it was added so suddenly to luma. What the heck is it?

Reactions: Serphirot

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
If the idea was to make nitrohax work why would holding select on boot for DS and GBA games shrink the screen size as well? To be honest if that was gonna happen, it could least have a full screen feature too :P
The shrink screen holding select when start a NDS, GBA and VC games is a native thing, the patch doesn't had anything about that.
The patch only allows to unlock the TWL mode Hardware (DSI) into the NTR mode (DS).

Reactions: astronautlevel

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shrink screen holding select when start a NDS, GBA and VC games is a native thing, the patch doesn't had anything about that.
The patch only allows to unlock the TWL mode Hardware (DSI) into the NTR mode (DS).
Oh really? I guess i never new about that then. Still a shrink option mystefies me. So the patch is just to use ar cheats for ds games. Got it now. :yaynds::yay3ds:

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh really? I guess i never new about that then. Still a shrink option mystefies me. So the patch is just to use ar cheats for ds games. Got it now. :yaynds::yay3ds:
Not just that, the patch allows to have access to the SD in the NTR mode. That means that with a version of NDS Homebrew Menu that uses the patch you can use some old NDS homebrew + all the NDSi homebrews that already work without the patch. That means too that we are close to be able to load NDS ROMs from the SD but it still needs a lot of work.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just that, the patch allows to have access to the SD in the NTR mode. That means that with a version of NDS Homebrew Menu that uses the patch you can use some old NDS homebrew + all the NDSi homebrews that already work without the patch. That means too that we are close to be able to load NDS ROMs from the SD but it still needs a lot of work.
Oh nice. Hopefully that also means GBA roms can be loaded if NDS will be too. Too bad that slot 1 slot 2 combo may never work. Proably minor in importance but still a thing in the NDS days. :)

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
If the idea was to make nitrohax work why would holding select on boot for DS and GBA games shrink the screen size as well? To be honest if that was gonna happen, it could least have a full screen feature too :P

It shrinks the size to give old effect as if you are running the game on ds console.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shrinks the size to give old effect as if you are running the game on ds console.
Actually I believe it's just to play it at native resolution instead of being stretched to the larger resolution the 3DS plays at. Mostly for those people who can't stand to see pixels when it's stretched, or also the native resolution elitists.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I believe it's just to play it at native resolution instead of being stretched to the larger resolution the 3DS plays at. Mostly for those people who can't stand to see pixels when it's stretched, or also the native resolution elitists.
Well i guess i'm a.... full screen elitist. :P
I also happen to be appealed by hqx filter shaders as well .:)

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I am currently using reinand. How do i shift to luma3ds??
Please help me step by step
1. On the first page there are wiki and releases links.
2. Download latest release (non-dev) from release link.
3. At the wiki link, there is "installation and upgrade", click it, and follow it according to your setup.
4. ???

Reactions: pbanj

grimon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
1. On the first page there are wiki and releases links.
2. Download latest release (non-dev) from release link.
3. At the wiki link, there is "installation and upgrade", click it, and follow it according to your setup.
4. ???
Which one is reinand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw +1