Status
Not open for further replies.

hibachib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run my Monster Hunter X Japanese cartridge with Luma3ds, both with Off and Clock mode, but it doesn't work. It stays in the Nintendo 3ds with red waves screen. Some suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've got a EU N3ds

3DSDB indicates that MHX's FW requirement is version 9.9 or greater.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well thanks guys.
You learn things every day!
I thought leaving the rednand in 9.2 was the best choice
Well that's the whole point of the redNAND, being updated while your sysNAND stays safely on 9.2.
Just make sure that you are in your redNAND and update from the system settings.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Restoring a pre-A9LH FW SysNAND dump to SysNAND should not brick your system (just avoid restoring an EmuNAND dump to SysNAND, that tends to brick systems). However, you might want to try it with the "keep a9lh" option, since that will allow you to keep A9LH, and see if that works first. Keeping A9LH should not prevent a good TWLN partition from functioning, after all. But if it doesn't work, you can try restoring it normally. You can mount the sysNAND_original.bin with GodMode9 to extract the TWLN.bin through the virtual file system. After mounting, it takes you back to the root, then you go to "IMGNAND VIRTUAL" and copy the twln.bin to the SD card (for good measure, you might do twlp.bin as well, though that really shouldn't have anything to do with primary DS functionality, since all it does is store photos). You could also restore "sysNAND_original.bin" using the "keep A9LH" option in Decrypt9, then extract the TWLN partition using Decrypt9 (only if you can bring up DS wifi settings after the restore though, otherwise, there's no point). It almost has to be a messed up TWLN partition if you can't even get the DS wifi settings to show up. I would think there would be at least one good backup, though. Especially with the A9LH installation procedure having you make so many of them.

Your problem is definitely unusual. I've not had any problems with DSiWare, or even my old Acekard 2i, on any of my systems. And I'm just running the regular stable release. I do have an "AIO A9LH Configurations" package on the iso site if you want to try other CFWs just to be sure it's not an issue with Luma. It seems extremely unlikely, but you might as well rule it out. Also, Corbenik and Cakes do load external copies of the TWL firmware, so they might get some things working, even if using them probably won't actually solve the underlying problem. I guess it's possible that the TWL part of the NAND has just failed (I would expect there to be an error when restoring the TWLN partition if that was the case, though). I'm not sure what to tell you. I've messed up my TWLN partition before, and the result is exactly what you describe. However, restoring a NAND backup has always fixed it for me.

I just tried backing-up my twln and twlp partitions from my sysnand_original and restore them with decrypt9WIP via pre-boot payloads (where you hold a button to load something). It didn't work. I still hang at a black screen when I attempt anything with DS.

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have sysNAND arm9loaderhax 11.0 without emuNAND instaled(i do have a backup).
Can i use Tinyformat just to get a new NNID without loosing CFW or bricking my 3DS?

Reactions: olec04

Spiderman8081

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm having the problem were i download your file and when i unzip the contents the luma file within the Luma3DSv5.5 file isn't there. What should i do?

upload_2016-7-1_19-48-39.png

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm having the problem were i download your file and when i unzip the contents the luma file within the Luma3DSv5.5 file isn't there. What should i do?
What isn't there? I don't see anything wrong in your giant screenshot...the files you can load Luma with are there. Luma3ds.dat and the arm9loaderhax (for bootloaders that usually are launched with menuhax and for a9lh respectively). I also see the folder that should contain the 3dsx for use with things like Ninjhax.

Oh wait, I'm blind, weird that there's no Luma folder. Just make one if you have to. There's literally nothing of importance in there. The config goes in there, and if you use payloads the go into a Luma/payloads folder. Region emulation stuff goes in Luma/locales.

Last edited by 9thSage,

netster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having a problem with luma, I've setup emunand but luma wont boot as it keeps looping back to cold boot manager.
I've been following the guide from this link
Any ideas of what im doing wrong?
Im using a n3ds on 9.2
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu