Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so now that I added the 4th slot0xkey.bin file if I hold L+R it now says initialization: success! and press A to continue, however if I press start it boots up immediately to Decrypt9WIP menu.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. When I updated to A9LH on Plailect's guide there were only 3 slot0ckey.bin files and now there are 4. Maybe that's why I get that. I'll try adding the 4th one and seeing if it works correctly.
The keys are not used for this cfw they only need to be on the sd card if you want to used decrypt9

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, I see. When I updated to A9LH on Plailect's guide there were only 3 slot0ckey.bin files and now there are 4. Maybe that's why I get that. I'll try adding the 4th one and seeing if it works correctly.

Ok, so now that I added the 4th slot0xkey.bin file if I hold L+R it now says initialization: success! and press A to continue, however if I press start it boots up immediately to Decrypt9WIP menu.

That's exactly what happened to me:)
I had only 3 of the slot.bins and still was used to press L+R.
Now that i added the fourth .bin and boot to decrypt with start its all perfect:yay3ds:

Reactions: Bullseye

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I don't think its about lazyness, but automation.
I actually think an "autoupdater" would be quiet easy, since @astronautlevel got an compiling automat, or am I wrong?
Basically I have a server that checks for updates every 10 minutes, the source code is available for anyone who wants it.

Reactions: OctopusRift

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humanity will continue to find ways to be lazier by every passing day! :ha:

People have a habit of confusing efficiency with laziness sometimes.
Of course having a program/app have an update function is ideal. It's just good - and frankly standard - design.

(Not to take away from this awesome CFW, I'm OK with copying a file. :P')

Reactions: Ridge

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically I have a server that checks for updates every 10 minutes, the source code is available for anyone who wants it.

I'm not able to programm anything myself yet - was just thinking about this solution:
Grab the a9lh.bin from your Server and place it in the root of the SD

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
huh, weird on the rename then...
It actually makes more sense with this name, so it's not so weird. The name now reflects what it actually does.

Shouldn't be too hard, but it would have to be a homebrew app or CIA because we don't have network function on arm9 yet.
I was thinking someone could make an app that just checks the version of your arm9loaderhax.bin and if applicable, updates it. Choose between stable or nightly.

Last edited by Ridge,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...