Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice thanks for the help i hope i can do it? i have a question i have a backup of my sysnand its possible then to restore? when if bricked

You restore it at the end of the process.
For the most part, you're tampering with the emuNAND to downgrade it to bricked 2.1, backing it up, unbricking it, and then using that unbricked emuNAND backup to restore to sysNAND.
You won't be touching sysNAND until you restore the unbricked emuNAND backup to the sysNAND.

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
because i have using another tutorial cakefw but dosnt work with aureinand and before i make all this i have make a backup from gateway if i have downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 i need to downgrade onemore time to make this tutorial? or only restore the sysnand from my gateway backup?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because i have using another tutorial cakefw but dosnt work with aureinand and before i make all this i have make a backup from gateway if i have downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 i need to downgrade onemore time to make this tutorial? or only restore the sysnand from my gateway backup?
Each time a guide mentions Cakes, just replace it with AuReiNAND. Download the latest zip and place all those files on your SD.

Don't forget to place the firmware files in the /rei/ folder.

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just renamed Decrypt9WIP.bin to arm9payload.bin and put it inside the rei folder. However, it does not launch after pressing L+R at boot. It launches emunand instead. Any help please?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just renamed Decrypt9WIP.bin to arm9payload.bin and put it inside the rei folder. However, it does not launch after pressing L+R at boot. It launches emunand instead. Any help please?
1. Are you on the latest version of AuReiNAND?
2. Are you using the screen init version of A9LH?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you update the "rei" folder? (is the "loader.bin" file in there?) :P
I should add an huge disclaimer to the first post: "ALWAYS UPDATE THE REI FOLDER"

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update the "rei" folder? (is the "loader.bin" file in there?) :P
I should add an huge disclaimer to the first post: "ALWAYS UPDATE THE REI FOLDER"
You should also add:
"Please use your brain as this requires common sense!"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes to both. Should I remove that loader.bin file that is inside rei folder?
No, you need the loader.bin as that's the bootloader.

Try again, maybe you didn't probably press a button.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Columbo2811,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just updated my mod to 3.8.1 : https://github.com/Hakujou/AuReiNand/releases/tag/3.8.1-r2
Sorry for the delay guys, @Aurora Wright releases tons of good stuff really fast these days :)
You forgot to edit the path in the "loader" XD. Please don't contribute to the "doesn't work!!111!" posts haha.
What's the reason for using both rei and aurei though? As I said, for the scenario where the two do the same thing (boot emuNAND on N3DS), before booting the FIRM it's the same in memory. And I mean "same" as in "binary identical". Except for the arm9 thread.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You forgot to edit the path in the "loader" XD. Please don't contribute to the "doesn't work!!111!" posts haha.
What's the reason for using both rei and aurei though? As I said, for the scenario where the two do the same thing (boot emuNAND on N3DS), before booting the FIRM it's the same in memory. And I mean "same" as in "binary identical". Except for the arm9 thread.

I feel dumb right now... x)
Thanks for poiting this out, fixing it and re-releasing it :)

To be honest, there's not really a "point", I just like to have them both for pretty much no reason ^^'

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think AuReiNAND is becoming more than just a mod.

I remember when you first released this, I considered it the same thing, with the only difference of this having o3DS support.

Now though? This is so much better and it's only improving. Can't wait what more features are to come :P

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think AuReiNAND is becoming more than just a mod.

I remember when you first released this, I considered it the same thing, with the only difference of this having o3DS support.

Now though? This is so much better and it's only improving. Can't wait what more features are to come :P

I agree with these comments..... just a personal thing (no offence to anyone else) but i hope region free is not introduced

Reactions: Supster131
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken get this lol