Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I am brand new and I managed to get my hands on a

PCH-1001 with Firmware 2.12 Installed.

What are my options for Playing Backups of ISO/CSO for PSP and I believe I saw something about PSV Games as well.

Thedeadphoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know a noob when I see one.

To save time on asking questions in new threads, I have constructed a guide for users to follow, and to ask about/point out additional info. This guide is constructed only for 3.XX users at the moment, but I may decide to write up a guide for 1.XX and 2.XX users as well as.

As I looked at that thread and have 2.12 that thread does not apply. Correct?

D

Deleted User

Correct. First of all, you should manually update to 3.18 (sort of the latest "safe and recommended" firmware for Vita hacking) by following this tutorial and following the "manually updating to any firmware from a lower firmware" tutorial. (You will also find the link to the 3.18 update PUP file on that page).

After that, follow tutorial 1 of my guide, then go ahead and pick any tutorial you please! :)
If you want even more options (that I am yet to write up), you can take a look at the Hackinformer PlayStation Guide for the Vita.

Thedeadphoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am updated to 3.18 Now. But everything I am seeing indicates I need a PSP game on my vita to do the TN-V hack or ARK. I don't have access to a PS3 either.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your option is to get another Vita on latest firmware and use that to transfer or get an PS3.
Note that even with a latest firmware Vita, you still won't be able to play games, as the PS3 is required for activation. There is technically a way to bypass this, though, if you manage to snag someone's else act.dat.

Last edited by xy2_,
D

Deleted User

Not exactly true... he could still install Rejuvenate, for example!

Oh; I see you edited your post. I never knew that act.dat was the actual activation file. You learn something new every day! :D

Last edited by ,

Thedeadphoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. GMX loaded great. Now I am sending the reset email but it's not resetting. Mr. Gas Method for resetting the mail.db

I send the premade email and open the "Picture" Then Close without clicked the error away. When I go back in it still is setup to my gmx account. From what i understand it is suppose to reset the mail account to be entered again.

Appears its very sensitive to using Thunderbird and another email account to send the hack message. But it's working.

Last edited by Thedeadphoenix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(