Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Forgive me if this is the wrong part of the forum, but I'm trying to find a reliable seller that ships to Canada that carries the backplate (the battery cover) for the new 3ds xl galaxy model as mine decided to practically shatter on me and has been rendered useless, exposing the battery and SD of my console.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this is the wrong part of the forum, but I'm trying to find a reliable seller that ships to Canada that carries the backplate (the battery cover) for the new 3ds xl galaxy model as mine decided to practically shatter on me and has been rendered useless, exposing the battery and SD of my console.
This forum is fine to ask for information about where such things are purchased normally, i believe. I know you can buy 3rd market ones that are basically legit, from ebay and aliexpress. Was able to replace some of my zelda shells that way. If you're asking for 1st party replacement items...not sure those even exist.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
This forum is fine to ask for information about where such things are purchased normally, i believe. I know you can buy 3rd market ones that are basically legit, from ebay and aliexpress. Was able to replace some of my zelda shells that way. If you're asking for 1st party replacement items...not sure those even exist.
Yeah i already checked Ninty themselves, they don't sell ANY new 3ds xl items anymore aside from batteries. i saw a replacement on Aliexpress but it's the entire damn housing and is priced as such and the seller seems a bit suspicious...Might have to go with that though and just pray paypal saves my rear if things go sour.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i already checked Ninty themselves, they don't sell ANY new 3ds xl items anymore aside from batteries. i saw a replacement on Aliexpress but it's the entire damn housing and is priced as such and the seller seems a bit suspicious...Might have to go with that though and just pray paypal saves my rear if things go sour.
there are loads of sellers, but generally they'll be alright. It might actually be a legit product. The company tasked with making these had extra left over after nintendo stopped ordering them, so what do you do? resell market...though i doubt that's the case for most of them.

I like to get them from ebay and fancy up old gameboys to look like the limited edition ones. makes the games more fun to play, somehow.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
there are loads of sellers, but generally they'll be alright. It might actually be a legit product. The company tasked with making these had extra left over after nintendo stopped ordering them, so what do you do? resell market...though i doubt that's the case for most of them.

I like to get them from ebay and fancy up old gameboys to look like the limited edition ones. makes the games more fun to play, somehow.
Yeah, i'll likely try and just have some faith, might take a month to get here but that's better than an unusable 3DS that i cherish from back in 2012 and still goes strong otherwise. thanks for the advice :)

(I reshelled my switch in the past and it was pretty fun actually, got a shell pack with a SNES design because i use BSNES so often.)

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1