Hacking loadiine - the first backup loader for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got all of my files on my SD and set up to host on my PC, I'm using Mongoose, and I can get to my directory, but every time I click on the Kexploit I get a 404 error. I probably missed something small but I don't know what.
Edit: I figured it out.
Any chance you might be able to help me? Or anyone? I have all the files downloaded, Mongoose, the kernel exploit, as well as Loadiine.
I can get Mongoose page to load up on wii U but what am I supposed to do with the files htat come with Loadiine and how do I get them to show on the mongoose page?

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have tried 5 games, 3d world and game and wario work, like it's suppose to. but nes remix freezes on smash screen. same for mario maker and yoshi wooly world. the list says they should atleast start before they crash.

golden45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the list says they should atleast start before they crash.
The list says the game start because it connects to the server (when using the loadiine server).
Which means the game has started to execute its code, but it doesn't mean that the game has initialized the screen, that's why you still have the smash bros screen.

For NES Remix it's strange.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have tried 5 games, 3d world and game and wario work, like it's suppose to. but nes remix freezes on smash screen. same for mario maker and yoshi wooly world. the list says they should atleast start before they crash.

The list says the game start because it connects to the server (when using the loadiine server).
Which means the game has started to execute its code, but it doesn't mean that the game has initialized the screen, that's why you still have the smash bros screen.

For NES Remix it's strange.
yeah out of region games work.....but the game pulls files based on the system settings, so for example the US version of nes remix played on a EU system wants to load all the in game text from sys\msgstudio\EUen....but this directory doesnt exist on the US disk.....but you can just rename the sys\msgstudio\USen, to EUen and it works then.....basically if people are saying "game X doesnt work"....they should really mention if they have a console that is the correct region as the game to rule out issues like that
always check your server logs :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
too bad Mario Party 10 doesn't have SD access, that's the biggest rpl+rpx game?

I've read few page back that you get an update warning if Smash Bros doesn't have the latest updates installed.
So the game is checking SSB updates only at launch, or also while playing?
are the NAND access for backup's updates redirected to SD too, or only the disc access? and are the backup's update used or is SSB update interfering if they have the same filename?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know someone has confirmed that a 128 GB SD card worked with the loader, but did you make sure you could still run it without problems even if you exceeded 32gb in the games you have in it ? Anyone else tried a higher sd card? and what kind ?

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quick question: do games/backups started with loadiine make use of game-updates for that game ( if the update is already installed on the system) ? Or is the update data ignored/not used because the wiiu system still thinks that smash bros is running?

Reactions: ByteBite

morgoth32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No , you have to update them manually. Monter Hunter 3 is a good example as the vanilla version doesn't have the ability to play on the gamepad only.

Reactions: fossi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By "manually" I think he means that you have to extract the update content to the SD card's game content/ and code/ to replace the files.
instead of letting the console replace a file located on NAND instead of Disc at load time, you do the replacement yourself on the "loading location" which is your SD card.

I suppose CDecrypt is used to decrypt all content from NUS, not only system files. but I never tested.
tutorial and informations are completed little by little with user's reports.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But for CDecrypt you need the cetk file, which you could get from your nand, but its impossible without an iosu exploit?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you wouldn't be able to install them with WUPinstaller if the ticket was private.
the tickets for updates are distributed as a common ticket for everyone and grabbed at the same time than the .app files when using NUSGrabber.

Code:
CDecrypt.exe title.tmd title.tik wiiucommonkey.bin

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, just found out that the cetk is the title.tik file. thought this is an extra file, my fault.
Thanks anyways =)

feyas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
By "manually" I think he means that you have to extract the update content to the SD card's game content to replace the files.
instead of letting the console replace a file located on NAND instead of Disc at load time, you do the replacement yourself on the "loading location" which is your SD card.

I suppose CDecrypt is used to decrypt all content from NUS, not only system files. but I never tested.
tutorial and informations are completed little by little with user's reports.

Just use UWizard. Insert the update title ID in the NUS downloader tab and check the encryption checkbox. Then you should get a folder with the decrypted update.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, just found out that the cetk is the title.tik file. thought this is an extra file, my fault.
Thanks anyways =)
I'd just use Uwizard for updates if you're using the game with loadiine. Auto-decryption on finish if you check the button, no CLI needed. Don't forget to update the RPX/RPLs too, not just the content!

If anyone runs into games that don't work with Update Data, please PM me so I can add it to the compat. list! Thanks!

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just use UWizard. Insert the update title ID in the NUS downloader tab and check the encryption checkbox. Then you should get a folder with the decrypted update.

I'd just use Uwizard for updates if you're using the game with loadiine. Auto-decryption on finish if you check the button, no CLI needed. Don't forget to update the RPX/RPLs too, not just the content!

If anyone runs into games that don't work with Update Data, please PM me so I can add it to the compat. list! Thanks!

Thanks a lot! I would never have thought of that! I installed a few updates with crediars title updater but they seemed to be ignored by loadiined games.

Will try this later when I get home!

Btw (just a wild guess): could updating the games help with loadiine compatibility?

Last edited by fossi,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, different version could change the compatibility. (not only updating, but downgrading a game version back to 1.0, or specific version too)
some updates even replace rpx files, they could be bigger or smaller, etc.

If a game is not dumped yet, you have the disc, and the update contains rpx file, you could extract the FSA yourself and use the rpx from the update (hoping rpl are also updated if present)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, if NUS has (for example only) a v16 and a v0, a v0 might work while a v16 won't. It could be that 16 works and 0 doesn't as well. So anything like this, should be reported so it can be added to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...