brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Bug: dunno if it was already explained but if you have "special" characters (R)(registered) or (TM)(TradeMark) in the title name, loadiine will not recognize the game even if ID6 structure is correct. Probably there are other "forbidden" chars. @Maschell , what do you think ?
That is to prevent people from launching IOSU Hack™ with Loadiine. Only a few special people have the patched version of Loadiine to do it.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12 hours into twilight princess and it's a lot more bearable and Mario 3d world for me is a lot faster loading (still takes upwards of 30 seconds on first boot)

If you are seeing substantial improvements, your old configuration may have had logging turned on without having the listener running at the address that you configured for Host IP. That would cause problems under TCP, because the connection was expecting a response. With the switch to UDP, the WiiU doesn't care if anyone's listening. Please check your settings and let us know if logging is enabled.

Other than that case, I didn't see a difference in load times. Specific time comparisons would be helpful, if you can provide them. For example, if you can tell us that "On my 5.5.1E system, under loadiine build abc1234, Mario 3d World with no updates takes xx seconds from pressing A at world 1-1 on the map until the screen draws in the level, and under build 16c5045 it takes yy seconds" that's more useful than "a lot faster loading" because other people can run the same test and compare results.

Reactions: froggydarren

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the new build with ZeldaHD after some comments. Mine actually doesn't load that bad to begin with I did find actually going into the map after you select your controller method does load a tad bit faster but the actual in game loading has no difference to me, the white sceen loading has just the same time as before. Unless of course you need to start a new game or maybe delete your game.cfg on your sd card or something else for it to change? maybe someone can shed some light on why its supposed to be any better?

Reactions: froggydarren

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there any chance that there will be region spoofing in Loadiine?

there are problems that can be solved if they implemented it in Loadiine:
1. Some games won't load except you rename some files to match the region of your console
2. In Japan console, some games show up in Japan language even though the game files is from US version, this can also be fixed by renaming some files, but there are also some games with encrypted packed files in one big file that kinda difficult to edit or extract so you can't change the language at all

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes it's possible to add region spoofing with a setting. telling which folder to load by replacing the region string or value.
I guess we need a memory dump of different wiiu region for the same game to see where the regional setting is stored in memory so we can patch it.

Reactions: gha_razor

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
my zelda HD is a fresh save if that helps i do notice from time to time it takes abit longer on the world map (white screen) but thats 8 secands max maybe its just me but im not finding load times all that bad...

Reactions: gha_razor

DannyP2026

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can anyone help me? I have Lego Marvel's Avengers on my SD card to play on Wii u and I am trying to get the free Spider-Man Character Pack DLC. I downloaded it to my Wii u but I don't know how to dump it without the actual game. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

DannyP2026

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can anyone help me? I have Lego Marvel's Avengers on my SD card to play on Wii u and I am trying to get the free Spider-Man Character Pack DLC. I downloaded it to my Wii u but I don't know how to dump it without the actual game. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Somebody HELP!!!!!

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes it's possible to add region spoofing with a setting. telling which folder to load by replacing the region string or value.
I guess we need a memory dump of different wiiu region for the same game to see where the regional setting is stored in memory so we can patch it.
wow great man!! I hope you can add this feature in future release
this will make things easier for everyone, and increasing compatibilty for game dump that have issue with different console region

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
great that it's possible, but I didn't say it will be done soon (I'm not a loadiine developer, and they are busy).
I asked about it to Dimok in the early Loadiine development, but he didn't get the chance/time to work on it.

I don't know how to dump it without the actual game.
It's explained on the tutorial on the first post of this thread : this is not possible. You need the game disc to install a DLC into the console.
When using loadiine, the console think you are launching Smash bros or Miimaker, so it will not install another game's DLC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
again, it will not work unless it's installed to your console.
having the DLC data (if it's a data and not just unlock info) is not useful without the console knowing it's unlocked and is allowed to load it.

Also, even if it's free (as in money) it's not free to share (as in copyright).
You can't share or ask game files created by developers here.

Lucern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've recently gotten into the Wii U Homebrew scene and I was excited about Loadline since I could hopefully use it to play some of the Mario 64 Romhacks and stuff like Perfect Dark. I've run into several issues with Nintendo 64 VC games though. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the current state of Loadline or something I'm doing wrong.

I've got a few games to test, Mario 64, Zelda 64, DK64, and some Injections like Banjo Kazooie and while the games load properly, they never load saves, no matter if I used Shared or Unique saves, and it crashes sometimes when I bring up the Create restore point menu, it also crashes if the menu tries to create a restore point. It even crashes when I select "Close App" and it gets stuck trying to get to the home menu.

Is save and restore point stuff supported yet or did I miss a step somewhere along the line?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhImEo-u9Y