• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are people here using 256GB cards with no issues. I suspect 128GB is the size vs. cost sweet spot, though.

Regardless of the size, make sure the card is at least Class 10, and format as Allocation Unit Size 65536 using guiformat.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Why do I have to do all of that? I've run GX2 with three generic Sandisk cards, none of which I think are above Class 4 and definitely not with Size 65536, and I've experienced zero issues.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's game specific, depending on how many small files the game uses. Most games would probably be okay with Class 4 and smaller cluster sizes but, for example, Bayonetta 2 suffers from stuttering unless you use 65536.

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's game specific, depending on how many small files the game uses. Most games would probably be okay with Class 4 and smaller cluster sizes but, for example, Bayonetta 2 suffers from stuttering unless you use 65536.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I still believe it's something else. My class 10 works the same using 32k and 64k align with bayonetta 2. That said, I haven't tried to repack the files. I believe Bayonetta games also use CPK like Star Fox did? Did anyone ever get to trying out if it helps like Star Fox? Just wondering if you know.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I still believe it's something else. My class 10 works the same using 32k and 64k align with bayonetta 2. That said, I haven't tried to repack the files. I believe Bayonetta games also use CPK like Star Fox did? Did anyone ever get to trying out if it helps like Star Fox? Just wondering if you know.
Setting the cluster size to 64k can make a huge difference in certain games for example on my sd card class 10 32gb that was set to 32k cluster size super Mario 3d land took 10 mins to load to title screen then another 2 mins to load world map then about 1 min to load each level with the same sd card set to cluster size 64k the title screen loads in under a minute the world map in about 10 seconds and each level in about 4 seconds a huge speed increase just by settings cluster size to 64k compared to 32k and that is just one of a good few games I have seen huge reduction in load times in by having a 64k cluster size.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Setting the cluster size to 64k can make a huge difference in certain games for example on my sd card class 10 32gb that was set to 32k cluster size super Mario 3d land took 10 mins to load to title screen then another 2 mins to load world map then about 1 min to load each level with the same sd card set to cluster size 64k the title screen loads in under a minute the world map in about 10 seconds and each level in about 4 seconds a huge speed increase just by settings cluster size to 64k compared to 32k and that is just one of a good few games I have seen huge reduction in load times in by having a 64k cluster size.
SM3DW works like that on 32K align for me though. Lol Guess that's why I'm confused why I see no difference. Either way I was more wondering about Bayonetta's stuttering. I end up using the disc like Z:TP

Last edited by EclipseSin,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's true that it probably makes little difference for the last majority of games. It takes around 10 minutes to just convert your card, however.

Watertoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to load splatoon or splatoon testfire it just black screens for me, what should I do? (it works for my VC games just fine, sorry if its been answered before)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have just attempted my first dump at DLC that I own. I downloaded all the DLC through the eshop for my Mario Kart 8 disc. Then I dumped everything with DDD. I assume that the folder with DLC is the one called "aoc0005000c1010ec00" correct? So how do I get that DLC to play through loadiine? I have created a folder called "dlc" directly inside the game folder (next to meta, content and code). I then moved the contents of "aoc0005000c1010ec00" to that folder so it looked like this:

sd:\wiiu\games\Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01]\dlc\aoc0005000c1010ec00\0010\...
\0011\...
\0012\...
I enabled dlc for that game in loadiine and no dice.

So next I tried moving everything that was inside of aoc0005000c1010ec00 to the dlc folder. So it looked like this:

sd:\wiiu\games\Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01]\dlc\0010\...
\0011\...
\0012\...

Tried again. Still not working. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up