• Likes 132

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Can someone tell how to name the Pikmin 3 folder so Loadiine can read it?

If you use the last nightly, it will automatically find ID6 in meta/meta.xml.
If no "meta" folder, go to gametdb.com to find it ;)

PAL Pikmin 3 : Pikmin 3 [AC3P01]
US : Pikmin 3 [AC3E01]
JAP : Pikmin 3 [AC3J01]

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Then it was probably a garbage SSD. NAND based media has over a 2000% reliability rating then mechanical platters. Its simple physics. But then again, you never had an SSD, so you wouldn't know.
To tell the truth, if you get a good HDD, you'll discard it for obsoleteness first than for write/read errors. For most users, that lifespan is enough

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And about the SD Card claims, let's just say that if you put TPHD on a 4.31 GB SD Card, even class 4, you will get good load times (as good as it gets, it's still TPHD)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm misunderstanding and I apologize if its my fault but the directions mention if you want to change games or go back to the Wii U menu you just press home button like you normally would. Every time I press home it just freezes the game, am I not suppose to push home or is it something set wrong in settings?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm misunderstanding and I apologize if its my fault but the directions mention if you want to change games or go back to the Wii U menu you just press home button like you normally would. Every time I press home it just freezes the game, am I not suppose to push home or is it something set wrong in settings?

Normally, you just press Home and return to the menu and then back to Mii Maker, but if it's freezing, something is definitely amiss. Which version of Loadiine GX2 are you using, which game are you running and have you tried dumping it again to get a clean dump with DDD?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally, you just press Home and return to the menu and then back to Mii Maker, but if it's freezing, something is definitely amiss. Which version of Loadiine GX2 are you using, which game are you running and have you tried dumping it again to get a clean dump with DDD?
How would I know what version of Loadiine I'm using? I think its GX2 like in the title of this topic, also the game is Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know what version of Loadiine I'm using? I think its GX2 like in the title of this topic, also the game is Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko.

I thought it listed it in the app itself, but it shouldn't be freezing.

https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases

Shows both nightly and official builds, either way, I assume you're loading it via Mii Maker method but if it's locking up, it could be the game, I don't know, I never had that issue. Can you try dumping it again?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game itself runs perfectly fine so I'll save the dumping for last. I'll try this nightly build of Loadiine and if that still doesnt work I'll make a dump.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game itself runs perfectly fine so I'll save the dumping for last. I'll try this nightly build of Loadiine and if that still doesnt work I'll make a dump.

I don't know what else it could be, I was using it earlier to play virtual console games and was able to exit to the main menu back to Mii Maker. I'm sorry I can't be of more help -_-

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To tell the truth, if you get a good HDD, you'll discard it for obsoleteness first than for write/read errors. For most users, that lifespan is enough

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And about the SD Card claims, let's just say that if you put TPHD on a 4.31 GB SD Card, even class 4, you will get good load times (as good as it gets, it's still TPHD)
I received a 1tb portable HDD on my birthday my freshman year of high school, 5 years ago. Mine is still going strong with good disk health according to SMART.
As for SD cards, as long as you get an okay SD card load times should be perfectly fine. The main concern should really be getting a reliable card and one that is a decent size in order to store backups. You can pick up a 32gb class 10 on amazon for about 10-12 USD. The only thing I've noticed is that some games just take a long time to load no matter what speed SD you have.

I launch mine through Homebrew Launcher and I am able to push home and go to the home menu after loading a game. From there I can go back to mii maker, which loads loadiinegx again, and then I can push home to return to the homebrew launcher. So for me it's worked perfectly fine with no freezing, meaning something is wrong with your setup. Try using the latest nightly build as that is what I am currently using and everything seems to work.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It suppose do what i would normally do in a retail game. Then you should go to the WiiU Menu and then to the Wii Maker app which will load Loadiine instead.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of what version you're running @RemixDeluxe , if it's not showing under settings (top right), means your version is lower than 1c4b32c, as the nightly version numbers was added then
I dont use the nightly builds, I've always stuck to the official stuff since the nightly sounded too risky. I'll try it and report back on how that goes.

I do want to reiterate I do launch Loadiine from my web browser if thats a factor in why the game freezes when I press home.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I dont use the nightly builds, I've always stuck to the official stuff since the nightly sounded too risky. I'll try it and report back on how that goes.

I do want to reiterate I do launch Loadiine from my web browser if thats a factor in why the game freezes when I press home.

Loadiine nightly will NOT harm your Wii U ;)
There is no risk to use one nightly.

And if there is a problem, just go back to your previous version ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1