Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Merki.Net
XP
Country
Germany
There is no USB to SD card cable.
As the 2/3DS does not have anything like a USB.

if it is used on the console side, then is is just a simple connection, but could be anything else too (pluggable or not does not matter)
the hard mod is a direct connection to the NAND Chip of the console wired up to a SD card adapter.
The computer gets the information over USB as it goes by using a USB connected SD card reader.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no USB to SD card cable.
As the 2/3DS does not have anything like a USB.

if it is used on the console side, then is is just a simple connection, but could be anything else too (pluggable or not does not matter)
the hard mod is a direct connection to the NAND Chip of the console wired up to a SD card adapter.
The computer gets the information over USB as it goes by using a USB connected SD card reader.
On the OP (spoiler button 2nd from the top), it shows this:

56789c6b294c85bca8ed8e5ee10354df.gif

I am wondering what the function of this is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
On the OP (spoiler button 2nd from the top), it shows this:

56789c6b294c85bca8ed8e5ee10354df.gif

I am wondering what the function of this is.

it's just a way of connecting the 3ds to a sd reader, the USB connection could really have been any connector with at least 4 lines, personally I avoid using USB as people have fried their nand after people mistaking the port as a standard USB charging port....so it's not actually a USB port it's just any 4 pin connection can be used which includes USB if the moder chose to do so

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Arubaro

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The modder choose to install a USB connector at the console - but it is what it is - a simple connector nothing with USB functionallity!

Yes I agree, high risk of damaging it with a USB connector as people try to use it/missuse it on differnt things.
High risk of damaging the NAND if someone is enough silly to connect it to a standard 5V micro USB cable. :rolleyes:

Thanks to the micro USB format, it is possible to obtain a perfect integration on all consoles including the New 3DS...
This does not seem to be the case for everyone. ^_^

Tecd0c

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Merki.Net
XP
Country
Germany
I would not treat a customer like beeng "silly"!
Lot of our customers are inexperianced, that's the reason they let us do the work!
A device equipped with a USB connector, leads into trying to use it, just of curiosity or simply if more then one person is using the device and not beeing informed about its function.
There is more relaible ways of obtaining a perfect integration on all consoles...;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and it's not just the customer its the customers friends/family, I have also done some with USB ports upon specific request but I make sure they fully understand that they need to give people warnings if they leave their console lying aroud as to a unsuspecting relative with a flashing low battery light that familiar charging port would make sense to be the charger

and this is why I said this thread shouldn't become a epeen wangling thread, no need to start trying to act all jerky to each other let your customers vouch for you, not yourself ;)

zombie_raptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but can anyone ship to Canada? I didn't see any Canadians on the list, however I'm still curious. I've got a babysitting job now so i'm starting to save up some money, and something i'd like to put it towards is hard modding my o3ds. It's on 11.2.0-35U right now, and I believe the only way to get CFW for it is to downgrade either via hardware or a dsi+cfw 3ds... One of which I lack (the cfw 3ds.) If it helps, i was able to get browserhax and oot3dhax running on it before I accidentally updated.

I'm willing to ship my 3ds to someone to get it hard modded and downgraded, but i'm not sure how long it'll take to save up the money for it. (I'm also waiting on a postal card thing that acts like a credit card but isn't one; it works with paypal. Once I get it i'll be able to put funds on it to help pay for the cost of hard modding+downgrading.)

As my profile says, i'm a newbie ^^; so I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask. I'll remove my comment if i need to! Please let me know if any of you need more information! :ha:

RustyHearts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@vb_encryption_vb Hey! I'm interested in purchasing a hardmod downgrade service on a n3ds xl currently on 11.0.0. Might also pay for extra services depending on what else you provide. Let me know please. Thank you!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and it's not just the customer its the customers friends/family, I have also done some with USB ports upon specific request but I make sure they fully understand that they need to give people warnings if they leave their console lying aroud as to a unsuspecting relative with a flashing low battery light that familiar charging port would make sense to be the charger

and this is why I said this thread shouldn't become a epeen wangling thread, no need to start trying to act all jerky to each other let your customers vouch for you, not yourself ;)
Each installation is accompanied by an invoice and on this invoice a warning is displayed on this subject to avoid this kind of issue.
So saying it's dangerous is taking customers for idiots or illiterates.

This kind of criticism is symptomatic of a form of jealousy. :teach:

Last edited by milerwan,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Each installation is accompanied by an invoice and on this invoice a warning is displayed on this subject to avoid this kind of issue.
So saying it's dangerous is taking customers for idiots or illiterates.

This kind of criticism is symptomatic of a form of jealousy. :teach:
pretty sure one of the guys who ended up with a fried system was one of yours (though this was a couple of years back I think, so I assume you have made the warnings starker or maybe he just really was illitierate), really anyone can use a USB port breakout board, it nothing to be jealous of :rolleyes:

as I mentioned it's not just the customer it's anyone and everyone who is left alone with the system for more than 2 minutes, all it takes is one relative to visit and think "oh I will pop this on charge to be helpful, hmm charging port.....hmm ahhh there it is!" so no I'm not nessisarily saying anyone is dumb, but using a port that is VERY commonly (in fact on 90% of consumer gadgets from the past 5 years or so) been the go to standard charging port, so for that simple undeniable reason i genuinely would not blame a unsuspecting family member or visiting friend/neighbour for mistaking that port the charging port.

so as I mentioned sure do whatever port you want I genuinely don't care, I simply use ports that your avareage normal everyday person wouldn't assume to be a charging port unless they were already familiar with the 3ds console......are they uglier....sure, I can agree the fact that it's a USB port looks kinda cool which is why I used to use them, but when a few people popped up with fried consoles due to accidentally or simply with a curiosity killed the cat scenario story due to USB port nand mods I just looked for a uncommon easy to obtain alternative which the jst ports do just fine if anyone really wants a USB port they can ask but for me I would prefer a uglier port with nearly zero risk of someone pulling a 4 pin jst port 5v charger out of their bag to mistakenly plug into it^_^

and again this is why I didn't want this thread to be anything more than just a feedback thing, feelings are easily hurt and I didn't mean to upset you, I was simply sharing my opinion on the situat ion as someone had asked what the USB adapter was for, so I was simply clarifying it wasn't technically a USB port/cable but simply using the standard micro USB connectors

can't we all just get along, i will always refer people to their closest modder even though i could just try keep them as a customer, i would prefer they find the fastest and easiest modder to help them than try encourage them to take a longer option by keeping them to myself, if they are in France I suggest milerwan for us vb_encryption_vb and for regions where there are multiple Modders I just direct to the list so as to not be playing favorites :)

comdex

Trophies
XP
Country
@gamesquest1
Hi I just purchased a 2ds mario kart edition and made the stupid mistake to update to 11.2.0-35E how can we arrange to mod this console? Please contact me. Thank you

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
pretty sure one of the guys who ended up with a fried system was one of yours (though this was a couple of years back I think, so I assume you have made the warnings starker or maybe he just really was illitierate), really anyone can use a USB port breakout board, it nothing to be jealous of :rolleyes:

as I mentioned it's not just the customer it's anyone and everyone who is left alone with the system for more than 2 minutes, all it takes is one relative to visit and think "oh I will pop this on charge to be helpful, hmm charging port.....hmm ahhh there it is!" so no I'm not nessisarily saying anyone is dumb, but using a port that is VERY commonly (in fact on 90% of consumer gadgets from the past 5 years or so) been the go to standard charging port, so for that simple undeniable reason i genuinely would not blame a unsuspecting family member or visiting friend/neighbour for mistaking that port the charging port.

so as I mentioned sure do whatever port you want I genuinely don't care, I simply use ports that your avareage normal everyday person wouldn't assume to be a charging port unless they were already familiar with the 3ds console......are they uglier....sure, I can agree the fact that it's a USB port looks kinda cool which is why I used to use them, but when a few people popped up with fried consoles due to accidentally or simply with a curiosity killed the cat scenario story due to USB port nand mods I just looked for a uncommon easy to obtain alternative which the jst ports do just fine if anyone really wants a USB port they can ask but for me I would prefer a uglier port with nearly zero risk of someone pulling a 4 pin jst port 5v charger out of their bag to mistakenly plug into it^_^

and again this is why I didn't want this thread to be anything more than just a feedback thing, feelings are easily hurt and I didn't mean to upset you, I was simply sharing my opinion on the situat ion as someone had asked what the USB adapter was for, so I was simply clarifying it wasn't technically a USB port/cable but simply using the standard micro USB connectors

can't we all just get along, i will always refer people to their closest modder even though i could just try keep them as a customer, i would prefer they find the fastest and easiest modder to help them than try encourage them to take a longer option by keeping them to myself, if they are in France I suggest milerwan for us vb_encryption_vb and for regions where there are multiple Modders I just direct to the list so as to not be playing favorites :)
Exactly my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.