Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
9.2 sysnand support, Cheat support, New 3DS, A9LH, latest emunand support. These are the major functions.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I asked this question on the actual thread but no luck as yet so I suppose its a gateway question. I know there is a .cia file for Homebrew Launching, now can that be installed to systemnand through Gateways menu and then enter it through systemnand, instead of using it in emunand? I have tried myself and it did install to systemnand using the devmenu .3ds file but when I click on it it asks for eshop error Press A, is there anyway to install it to systemnand and get it working also the icon just disappered on reboot, its an N3DSXL on 9.2x EUR. I would prefer a quicker method like then using the hold trigger, its on auto boot to homebrew at the moment but really slow at loading!. Thanks

Link to thread so you know what I am on about> https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/

Last edited by Reecey,

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello guys i have n3ds xl running on 9.2.0 emunand i installed the nvram and the mset and everything was ok
no errors also i installed the blue card fix but nothing happened
i want to boot to gw menu through the sys settings so is something wrong????

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What advantages does a "CFW+Gateway" setup have over a "CFW Only" setup?

- I know about the conveniences of .3ds files, no need to install / drag and drop / etc.
- What is CFW's answer to Gateway's Cheat Manager?
- CFW and Gateway can still be used on the same NAND, just not at the same time, right?
- Does Gateway require an emuNAND to be set up? I read that one is not required with ARM9 / Luma, but they can still work with one.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What advantages does a "CFW+Gateway" setup have over a "CFW Only" setup?

- I know about the conveniences of .3ds files, no need to install / drag and drop / etc.
- What is CFW's answer to Gateway's Cheat Manager?
- CFW and Gateway can still be used on the same NAND, just not at the same time, right?
- Does Gateway require an emuNAND to be set up? I read that one is not required with ARM9 / Luma, but they can still work with one.

Thanks for any helpful replies.
NTR CFW Cheat Plugin is currently the only answer to Gateway's Cheat Manager. That's it. I personally think it sucks, but there are those who swear by it. I personally think it would have been better had NTR been open-source and had a community behind it's development, but whatever. It's now abandoned. So eh.

And that's correct, the way I have my setup, I dual boot between Gateway and Corbneik, most other people dual-boot between Gateway and Luma3DS, which I wrote a guide on how to get that setup properly on v2 A9LH
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/431691/

No, Gateway3DS on Standard A9LH does not require EmuNAND, but you should never ever update while in Gateway Mode on a SysNAND only setup. This is because Gateway hasn't implemented FIRM protection on their CFW and updating while in GW Mode will either cause you to lose A9LH and be on the latest system version or to brick.

However, yeah, you can always setup an EmuNAND if you want one, and is actually what Gateway prefers people to do.

Reactions: Smash Br0

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I haven't touched my 3DS and Gateway and now I want to start using it again since Monster Hunter Generations is out but problem is in between the time I haven't used Gateway I have lost touch and don't know hat any of the new updates even mean, I was used to activating Gateway through the old expoilit through the system settings and profile. I'm on v4.5 sysNAND and GWS 10.0.1-28E emuNAND. Can someone kindly inform me where do I go from here and run me up to speed on things and can I get Monster Hunter Generations working fully online on Gateway?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I haven't touched my 3DS and Gateway and now I want to start using it again since Monster Hunter Generations is out but problem is in between the time I haven't used Gateway I have lost touch and don't know hat any of the new updates even mean, I was used to activating Gateway through the old expoilit through the system settings and profile. I'm on v4.5 sysNAND and GWS 10.0.1-28E emuNAND. Can someone kindly inform me where do I go from here and run me up to speed on things and can I get Monster Hunter Generations working fully online on Gateway?
Download the latest Launcher.dat from Gateway's site. The 3.7.1 version, and replace your old with that. Then update your EmuNAND while making sure you are in GW Mode (Should see GW3DS in front of your current EmuNAND system version) and while still in System Settings -> Other Settings -> System Update (on last page) And that's about it.

If you want to go through the trouble of getting the absolute best entry point, then set aside a day or two and read up on Standard A9LH.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
After you have gotten A9LH+Luma3DS properly setup by following that guide to the very end, and still want to use your Gateway3DS, then follow this guide I wrote on how to dual-boot between them.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/431691/

Avoid GW-A9LH as it's very limiting, ie you are basically locked down to GW only. It also skips a lot of safety steps, so even if you don't mind being locked down to GW, it's still not very safe and Gateway's own website on it has this disclaimer. "DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!" - So don't blame anyone if you go down the GW-A9LH path.

Reactions: guledk

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't expect such a quick and through response. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it and this really does help and now its time to read up on some Standard A9LH! Hopefully I'll get it and go from there.

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Download the latest Launcher.dat from Gateway's site. The 3.7.1 version, and replace your old with that. Then update your EmuNAND while making sure you are in GW Mode (Should see GW3DS in front of your current EmuNAND system version) and while still in System Settings -> Other Settings -> System Update (on last page) And that's about it.
Are you sure GW supports the latest 11.0.0.33 update? Can't find it confirmed anywhere. Furthermore, if you already have a entry point setup with a 9.2 3ds, is there a need to upgrade to A9LH?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure GW supports the latest 11.0.0.33 update? Can't find it confirmed anywhere. Furthermore, if you already have a entry point setup with a 9.2 3ds, is there a need to upgrade to A9LH?
Of course I am sure. I own one... And you can look a couple pages back and see others confirming it. If you want official confirmation from Gateway3DS. Then email them and ask them directly.

And that's a question only you can answer yourself. Hell some people are still using MSET on 4.X. Some people like that 100% bootrate and the ither benefits A9LH brings to the table. You as an individual should make up your own mind and decide what works best for you with all the information that is available.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure GW supports the latest 11.0.0.33 update? Can't find it confirmed anywhere.
At worst (and that's what you should do anyway), backup your emuNAND before upgrading so you're still able to come back to a previous state in case something stops working.

Reactions: Swizard

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course I am sure. I own one... And you can look a couple pages back and see others confirming it. If you want official confirmation from Gateway3DS. Then email them and ask them directly.
And that's a question only you can answer yourself. Hell some people are still using MSET on 4.X. Some people like that 100% bootrate and the ither benefits A9LH brings to the table. You as an individual should make up your own mind and decide what works best for you with all the information that is available.
Thank you, a simple yes would suffice. Again, thanks for the advice, no need to sneer at the end. I like many others don't completely follow the scene, but do update our 3ds every now and then. Still decent answer though: 'No, unless you want 100% bootrate and other benefits'.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, a simple yes would suffice. Again, thanks for the advice, no need to sneer at the end. I like many others don't completely follow the scene, but do update our 3ds every now and then. Still decent answer though: 'No, unless you want 100% bootrate and other benefits'.
I don't like doing one word replies, and pretty sure they are technically against the rules, but people ignore that rule and like doing one word replies for some reason. I am not one of those people.

Also, I am not sure how I am sneering. I honestly don't care what people use. I am not a vocal A9LH warrior and forcing people to switch from Gateway3DS or rxTools to A9LH+Luma3DS. If something works and fits your needs, keep using it and ignore the haters. I even adapted the A9LH Guide into a comprehensive MenuHax Guide for people to use if they were scared of A9LH and wanted to go the MenuHax route. And I keep one of my systems on MenuHax purposely to keep tabs on this method. So yeah. My remark on you making your mind up, is just that, I am not going to tell you what to use, the information is out there, and you can read about the benefits of A9LH. Then if you want it, there is an amazing guide that really covers the whole process and is kept updated.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Some people don't even want to spend hours on the process and that's fine, do you and use whatever you want. But what I may find a need for, may not be a need for you. I know all my friends who have A9LH say they can't ever picture using MenuHax or MSET as valid entry points because of their failure rates.

Anyways, I am done with this. I'll only reply to questions asking for help.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Swizard

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't follow the scene, you shouldn't use gateway. It's up to the user to do his own research so you don't repeat the same questions hundreds of times. Like you did.

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't follow the scene, you shouldn't use gateway. It's up to the user to do his own research so you don't repeat the same questions hundreds of times. Like you did.
You forget this thing though: if you do not follow the scene, it can be hard to find the right information. It's almost the complete reason this thread exists in the first place. Clearly, if hundreds of people ask the same question, it isn't as clear as you think.

Edit: besides, gateway is fine for most beginner level users, and I'm one of those users that got it when it was the only available option. It still works, even though it could be replaced.

Last edited by Swizard,

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forget this thing though: if you do not follow the scene, it can be hard to find the right information. It's almost the complete reason this thread exists in the first place. Clearly, if hundreds of people ask the same question, it isn't as clear as you think.

Edit: besides, gateway is fine for most beginner level users, and I'm one of those users that got it when it was the only available option. It still works, even though it could be replaced.
Or you all could learn how to search, which should be step #1. It's only mentioned in the FAQ...

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or you all could learn how to search, which should be step #1. It's only mentioned in the FAQ...
The specific things I asked weren't in the FAQ though. And yes, now that I've gotten my answer, it is much easier to look for more information, but you are still missing the point: if you're not following the scene, it is hard to find the right information, if only because you don't know what to search for. Of course, if you already know the answer, it's much easier to find exactly that answer again and again, cause you're already asking the right question. It's not an incapability to searching.

Then again, lets stop going off topic. Thanks for the answer earlier Temptress Cerise. Sorry for not responding politely.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The specific things I asked weren't in the FAQ though. And yes, now that I've gotten my answer, it is much easier to look for more information, but you are still missing the point: if you're not following the scene, it is hard to find the right information, if only because you don't know what to search for. Of course, if you already know the answer, it's much easier to find exactly that answer again and again, cause you're already asking the right question. It's not an incapability to searching.

Then again, lets stop going off topic. Thanks for the answer earlier Temptress Cerise. Sorry for not responding politely.
You're missing the point. You need to research a great deal before using gateway. Whatever you consider "following the scene" is exactly what you should be doing. Not jumping in and asking questions when you've broken your device. You wouldn't have these questions that you consider unique if you followed along for a while.

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're missing the point. You need to research a great deal before using gateway.
No you really don't. Gateway worked for certain versions, rather easily to be honest. All you needed to be able to do was be able to follow an easy 15 minute youtube video.
Whatever you consider "following the scene" is exactly what you should be doing. Not jumping in and asking questions when you've broken your device.
Jumping to conclusions there. I haven't come close to broken my device, as I am asking these questions to prevent it. You don't need to follow the scene to do this, and asking these questions is 10x less time investment than following the scene day by day.
You wouldn't have these questions that you consider unique if you followed along for a while.
Very true. Yet I and many others don't. It's not bad to ask questions and take it safe.. You're still missing the entire point. Then again, judging from your post record, I doubt you'll ever see my perspective. Now I am completely done discussing this off-topic matter, and luckily most people that ask questions here will never read any of this anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps