Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly, just choose the right game ! here is a non exhaustive list :
Firmware 4.5.0

Animal Crossing - New Leaf (Europe)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Europe + USA)
Fire Emblem - Awakening (Europe)
LEGO City Undercover - The Chase Begins (Europe + USA)
LEGO Legends of Chima - Laval's Journey (Europe)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (Europe)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity (Europe + USA)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (USA)

Firmware 4.4.0

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Europe + USA)
Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan (USA)
Fast & Furious - Showdown (Europe)
Fire Emblem - Awakening (USA)
Mario Tennis Open (USA) (Note: ZhangYang reported this as being 4.3.0U)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Europe + USA)
Monster High Skultimate Roller Maze (Europe)
My Riding Stables 3D - Jumping for the Team (Europe)
Naruto Powerful Shippunden (USA)
Paper Mario - Sticker Star (Europe)
Project X Zone (Europe + USA)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Europe)
The Croods - Prehistoric Party! (Europe)
Zero Escape - Virtue's Last Reward (Europe)

Firmware 4.3.0

Angry Birds Trilogy (Europe)
Ben 10 - Omniverse (Europe)
Naruto Powerful Shippuden (Europe)
Paper Mario - Sticker Star (USA)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D (France + Germany) [AWTD]
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (USA [AKKE] + France [AKKF] + Germany [AKKD] + Spain [AKKS] + Italy [AKKI])
Rise of the Guardians (Europe)
Survivor 3D - The Ultimate Adventure (Europe)

Firmware 4.2.0

Biohazard - Revelations (Taiwan) [ABRW]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time 3D (Taiwan) [AQEW]

Firmware 4.1.0

Bowling Bonanza 3D (Europe)
Code of Princess (USA)
Disney Epic Mickey - Power of Illusion (Europe + USA)
Disney Princess - My Fairytale Adventure (Europe)
Freakyforms Deluxe (Europe)
Harvest Moon 3D - A New Beginning (USA)
Hotel Transylvania (Europe)
Imagine - Fashion World 3D (Europe)
Jewel Link - Legends of Atlantis 3D (Europe)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Europe + USA)
New Art Academy (Europe)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Europe + USA)
Pippi Longstocking 3D (Europe)
Project X Zone (Japan)
Rabbids Rumble (Europe + USA)
Sengoku Musou Chronicle 2nd (Japan)
Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor Overclocked (Europe)
Sherlock Holmes - The Mystery of the Frozen City (Europe)
Spy Hunter (Europe)
Transformers Prime - The Game (Europe)
Zero Escape - Virtue's Last Reward (USA)
source : http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

Nice list. I went with SMT4, personally. Though a used DKCR is probably an inexpensive choice. Castlevania's probably easy to find a used copy of as well, with it being so short. Of course, if you can borrow a Sky3DS, you can update via a ROM. I'm not sure if there's any bugs in 4.3 and 4.4 that would make them something to avoid or not. Though I have read that people on 4.1 had some trouble running the exploit, so, I would go with at least 4.3.

In regards to the OP:

My 3DS arrived and now just waiting on the gateway. It came on 2.1.0-4E, i'm guessing I might still need to update it to 4.5 even if the new version comes out?

Since apparently some beta testers have said that there's no EmuNAND with the new exploit yet, even if it does work with 2.x firmware, for now, you would be better off going with the 4.x exploit. Besides, why wait if you don't have to? Anyone who remembers multi-ROM knows this might still be a few weeks away.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Gateway menu on 4.x provides a save backup utility. However, it will use the product code when it backs up the save. So, you will need to rename it to the main title ID in order for it to find it when it loads the ROM (you can find this info via 3DS Explorer). For example, if you were to backup the save for "Persona Q", it would name it "AQQE.sav", which you would need to rename to "0004000000123400.sav" to get the Gateway to load it.
fantastic to know that its possible. thanks kazuma77! Now all thats left is the release of the new version >_<

chachaprince1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of games that include a firmware update to 9.0~9.2, similar to the list posted by ch-vox for 4.5? If such games exist, then I could just pick up any old 3ds that hasn't been updated yet, right?

chachaprince1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have found an answer to my own question here : http://3ds.essh.co/ .
It looks like there aren't any games that include 9.0~9.2 firmware, but there are several with 8.1. Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether future games coming out will include 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, or 9.4 firmware updates? Thanks.

satanicangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think I may have found an answer to my own question here : http://3ds.essh.co/ .
It looks like there aren't any games that include 9.0~9.2 firmware, but there are several with 8.1. Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether future games coming out will include 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, or 9.4 firmware updates? Thanks.
There aren't any right now, and no one knows when they will come. A fine guess will be they might just skip 9.0-9.2. After all they won't want user to update to an exploitable firmware.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hard to say when/if we'll ever see 9.0 to 9.2 in a game. Your best bet would be to grab a game with 8.1 for now. We know the new exploit works with that (and even lower). Most of the 8.1 games are good, and worthy of support.

Does anyone know the version of current filmware on new nintendo 3ds japan and australia ?

Last I checked, people were still getting Japanese units with 8.1, and Australian ones on 9.0. Hard to say when a new batch with 9.4 will show up. But if you order one now, you'll probably be OK. I went with an Australian one because those are guaranteed to be 9.0 at least (Gateway had not announced the lower firmware compatibility at that time, and 9.3 had just hit).

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
question about gateway

i just saw some one says , if your 3DS is hacked , and you turned it off , the exploit is gone
and you must use the profile mode again or QR Mii

is that right ? its not full or permanent exploit ?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to ask questions about Gateway.

Is the update out yet? I heard it was coming out today.

Can I use Gateway PURELY for 3DS gameplay alone? What I mean is, Can i just put .3ds games on the micro sd card, load it on a Gateway and play just the games? Do I have to hack or mod my 3ds to use a Gateway? Thanks

ch-vox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the update out yet? I heard it was coming out today.
nope

Can I use Gateway PURELY for 3DS gameplay alone? What I mean is, Can i just put .3ds games on the micro sd card, load it on a Gateway and play just the games? Do I have to hack or mod my 3ds to use a Gateway?
Gateway needs a hack for now : it uses DS Profile exploit for 4.1 to 4.5 firmwares.
And the rumor says that new Gateway firmware is supposed to use Mii Maker QR Code exploit to use the Flashcart. But so far, nothing's official.

Flashcart like Sky3DS (and others) can be used without 3DS hack.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain this DS Profile exploit? I dont have one of these firmwares but would like to know.

Also for the 9.2 rumoured Mii Maker exploit, how complicated would it be, theoretically? I just want to know if its something easy that wont require really messing with the 3DS

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you would need to format EmuNAND on the new card first. I would use EmuNAND Tool to backup the one on the 4 GB, then inject it on the new card after formatting, since you've seen how long an online update can take. According to the manual up to 32 GB is supported, which is what I'm using.

yeah I figured as I tried to just copy & paste onto the new card but no go. I already backed the nand prior to updating the emunand. so you're saying I should insert the old card & backup the updated emunand as well? then what? do I have to do the process of formatting nand/system (onGW) on the new card and such? I was going to ask that question before seeing your post. I don't want to mess anything up before updating to new card.

ch-vox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you explain this DS Profile exploit? I dont have one of these firmwares but would like to know.

you'll find your answer in gbatemp wiki : http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Hacking_FAQ#How_does_it_work_.3F

Also for the 9.2 rumoured Mii Maker exploit, how complicated would it be, theoretically? I just want to know if its something easy that wont require really messing with the 3DS
It should work like Smealum's Ninjhax : http://smealum.net/ninjhax/

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd say it's about as easy as soft-modding a Wii would be if it ended on step 1 (running Banner Bomb). I outlined the entire process a page or two ago.

question about gateway

i just saw some one says , if your 3DS is hacked , and you turned it off , the exploit is gone
and you must use the profile mode again or QR Mii

is that right ? its not full or permanent exploit ?

The exploit is not removed by turning the system off. The system will boot in normal mode if you turn it off and back on. Just select DS Profile again, and it boots back into Gateway mode (with EmuNAND if you've installed it). There is no need to re-install the exploit using the blue card. The exploit will only get removed if you play a DS game, but the installer itself is a DS ROM, so, just make sure it's on the card containing your other DS ROMs, and run it when you're done playing DS games (or DS emulators like TempGBA). No need to take the blue card with you. Now, the new exploit is not through DS mode, so it will probably be permanent as long as you don't swap internal cards. Gateway mode will have to be activated every time you turn it on. But Gateway mode can't run DS carts, or real 3DS carts (that's why there's Classic Mode). Even though you probably are going to run Gateway mode 9 times out of 10, having it run automatically could be problematic.

In other words, while it's not always-on like CFW, it's still a full and fairly permanent exploit, unlike a tethered iPhone jailbreak, where you have to reconnect it to a PC in update mode if you turn it off. It's not nearly as obnoxious either. I don't see why anyone would keep an iPhone that has to use a tethered jailbreak (OK, to be honest, I don't see why people buy those things at all, iOS reminds me of Windows 3.1, in all the wrong ways).

yeah I figured as I tried to just copy & paste onto the new card but no go. I already backed the nand prior to updating the emunand. so you're saying I should insert the old card & backup the updated emunand as well? then what? do I have to do the process of formatting nand/system (onGW) on the new card and such? I was going to ask that question before seeing your post. I don't want to mess anything up before updating to new card.

Download EmuNAND Tool. You can find it here -- https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ That will let you backup the EmuNAND from your old card onto your PC. So, then put launcher.dat on the new card and place it in the 3DS. Go to the menu, format EmuNAND. Now, take the card back out, connect it to your PC, load up EmuNAND Tool, select the inject option, select your EmuNAND backup. This will copy your 9.4 EmuNAND to the new card. Now just copy the backed up folders over, and it should be good to go.

Your NAND backup is something you usually won't need. It's just done as a safety precaution, so if you do brick your 3DS, someone with the appropriate hardware skills can help you. Though, if you ever unlink, then later decide you want a second unlinked card on a lower firmware, say 8.1, to run Ninjhax, you could inject the NAND dump to the EmuNAND on the new card, so you have a 4.5 EmuNAND using the original profile, then you just update it with a ROM.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's about as easy as soft-modding a Wii would be if it ended on step 1 (running Banner Bomb). I outlined the entire process a page or two ago.

Do you mean the Letterbomb thing? I did that to my Wii. I didnt have much trouble... but I learned watching a video and watched it over and over to make sure I didnt make a mistake.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The exploit is not removed by turning the system off. The system will boot in normal mode if you turn it off and back on. Just select DS Profile again, and it boots back into Gateway mode (with EmuNAND if you've installed it). There is no need to re-install the exploit using the blue card. The exploit will only get removed if you play a DS game, but the installer itself is a DS ROM, so, just make sure it's on the card containing your other DS ROMs, and run it when you're done playing DS games (or DS emulators like TempGBA). No need to take the blue card with you. Now, the new exploit is not through DS mode, so it will probably be permanent as long as you don't swap internal cards. Gateway mode will have to be activated every time you turn it on. But Gateway mode can't run DS carts, or real 3DS carts (that's why there's Classic Mode). Even though you probably are going to run Gateway mode 9 times out of 10, having it run automatically could be problematic.

In other words, while it's not always-on like CFW, it's still a full and fairly permanent exploit, unlike a tethered iPhone jailbreak, where you have to reconnect it to a PC in update mode if you turn it off. It's not nearly as obnoxious either. I don't see why anyone would keep an iPhone that has to use a tethered jailbreak (OK, to be honest, I don't see why people buy those things at all, iOS reminds me of Windows 3.1, in all the wrong ways).
so , if i played pokemon black 2 or put my DStwo card , the exploit will gone ? and i have to redo it again ?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so , if i played pokemon black 2 or put my DStwo card , the exploit will gone ? and i have to redo it again ?

Yes, but the GW Installer, which is what installs the exploit, is a DS ROM. So, if you're using a DS flash cart, it can run it. You have a DSTwo? You're in good shape. You can just put the GW Installer on that, and not even bother with the blue card (they only included it for people that don't already have a DS card). There's even a plugin so you can put it on the main menu next to your emulators if you want to. Just run it when you're ready to switch back to the Gateway. Of course, the new method will not be using DS mode, so, it should stay in place once set.

Do you mean the Letterbomb thing? I did that to my Wii. I didnt have much trouble... but I learned watching a video and watched it over and over to make sure I didnt make a mistake.

If you've done that, then you should have no trouble doing this.

Is there any way for me to access the eshop account. I have money in it that i want to use.

That's one of the reasons EmuNAND exists. It allows you to run a virtualized copy of the latest firmware, from which the e-shop is accessible. We have been told they don't have it working with the new exploit yet, but they are working on it.

Well well, looks like the eagle (er, dragon) has landed. The 3.0 public beta is out, let's see what this puppy can do.

UPDATE: I've got EmuNAND 9.4 running on SysNAND 9.2. Whoever said EmuNAND wasn't implemented, if I could see you, I'd be glaring at you now ;)

UPDATE 2: Looks like the new Launcher is ambidextrous as well. It launches from both exploits. And it looks like they'll be offering us the ability to downgrade to 4.5 soon. I'll do that just for the added flexibility. Too bad it doesn't work with the N3DS yet. Still, impressive.

Reactions: Margen67

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from offline-exploiting, any sense in downgrading when it will be available?
I'm guessing it'll also make the Blue Card useful/useable again to play DS-mode games, as long as you're fine with going through the tedious process of preparing the DS Profile exploit whenever you want to use the 3DS-mode red card. You can also open up possibilities to other 4.5-enabled flashcarts or use a 4.5-enabled CFW, though that's probably dangerous because of the untested nature of doing something so risky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum