Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

doesntmatterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to format the microsd card first and copy all the roms you want to the card in one go.

You can inject any header afaik

Thanks I found the problem, silly problem, but when I formatted my micro sd in i did not set the default allocation instead I had it set to 4000. Details.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a silly question to most Gateway users, but since I don't have a Gateway yet myself, I thought I might ask it.
After seeing a few of the install guides, older and newer versions, I was left to wonder how the activation actually works.

Does the user have to perform the "tricks" such as the DS profile activation or the QR code scan every time the system boots up?

You need to install the DS profile exploit using the blue card only once, unless you play a DS game or edit your profile. However, you need to go to the profile to activate it every time the system boots up.

The newer exploit that uses the web browser instead has to be done every time the system boots up. The QR code scan is not needed at all, it's just a way to quickly send the web browser to a particular site. You could just as well add a bookmark to the browser instead. (You might also be confusing this with the QR code scan for the Cubic Ninja exploit, which is not Gateway and cannot run games.)

Edit: The QR code could also refer to an upcoming Mii-based exploit. Nobody has seen this exploit yet, so nobody can answer the question for it.

Kylzer911

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, new here, not sure where to post this question, but I have Alpha Sapphire Retail physical copy, but is there a way for me to update it through Emusys 9.4. I'm on 9.2 , can get to 9.4 but then when I switch the Gateway cart with Pokemon, it doesn't show up.

Basically, can I update pokemon, and if so how?

Many thanks in advance! :)

theangelicdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is killing me x.x

I have two consoles, a 3DS running 6.3.0-12U and a 3DS XL running 8.1.0-19U and I've tried running the new Gateway Omega 3.0.1 annnnnnd... zilch.

On both systems, trying either one of the links (http://GO.SCMODS.COM or http://go.gateway-3ds.com) I get a black Loading Gateway screen, and then the browser closes out and I get the system message 'An error has ocurrred.' and telling me to restart.

I have the red card in, with an exFat formated SD card with the updated launcher on it, and I've followed all the instructions. I've reset each system and cleared the cookies a half dozen times and I still get the same message over and over. Any tips?

One note/question... when the red card is in the system, should it read as a game (like the blue card does), or should the system just have the cartridge section blank? Mine shows it as blank and I wonder if that's the problem? Maybe a faulty flashkart?

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post this all over but nobody has been able to give me an answer yet.

Is it safe to restore a 9.2 sysnand over a downgraded 4.2 nand of the same same console? I understand writing to nand is "never safe" but I have successfully restored my 9.2 nand over the same sysnand before downgrading and wish to go back to tackle some save issues. Has anyone tried this or know if it works?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So this is going to sound like a very nooby question, but I'm out of the loop since I haven't heard about Gateway since version 1.something.

Basically, can we play our games online with the .3ds format? Like if someone ripped their own game (or torrented, whatever) in .3ds format is there anything special that we have to do to get online with it? Last I heard you had to convert to .3dz. If that's still the case can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

TL;DR: I wanna play a Pokémon X rom online using gateway 3ds. How can I make that happen?

doesntmatterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is going to sound like a very nooby question, but I'm out of the loop since I haven't heard about Gateway since version 1.something

Basically, can we play our games online with the .3ds format? Like if someone ripped their own game (or torrented, whatever) in .3ds format is there anything special that we have to do to get online with it? Last I heard you had to convert to .3dz. If that's still the case can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

TL;DR: I wanna play a Pokémon X rom online using gateway 3ds. How can I make that happen?

Yes you can I am doing so but using a .CIA. Basically I have a Pokemon Y.CIA installed on my big SD card on the 3ds XL. Once installed through EMUNAND it said it needed a title update. I ran the update and now I play it fulled updated and online. CIA and .3dz roms can play online.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, new here, not sure where to post this question, but I have Alpha Sapphire Retail physical copy, but is there a way for me to update it through Emusys 9.4. I'm on 9.2 , can get to 9.4 but then when I switch the Gateway cart with Pokemon, it doesn't show up.

Basically, can I update pokemon, and if so how?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Yeah, you need to boot your GW in classic mode! Basically when you launch the exploit with the browser, just the moment when the screen goes all haywire you gotta start holding L until you get the gateway menu. then go to the second option from the left which is 'Classic Mode'. this is the version of emunand where you should play all your legit stuff.

Reactions: Kylzer911

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you need to boot your GW in classic mode! Basically when you launch the exploit with the browser, just the moment when the screen goes all haywire you gotta start holding L until you get the gateway menu. then go to the second option from the left which is 'Classic Mode'. this is the version of emunand where you should play all your legit stuff.
And so the seal is broken.....

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I read the forums in anticipation for my Gateway to arrive, I keep seeing people talk about Smash Bros. Is there a link with Smash and Gateway? Or is that a CFW thing? I dont see it much, but the times I do, Im afraid to ask because I feel like I should already know. But I havnt seen anything upon searching.

Kylzer911

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks a million!! If I ever boot up regularly without entering Gateway now (launching back in 9.2 as opposed to GFW 9.4), what could potentially happen?

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to add this reply I just got from them:

PKg4v3K.png

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a million!! If I ever boot up regularly without entering Gateway now (launching back in 9.2 as opposed to GFW 9.4), what could potentially happen?

no worries! and nothing would happen, the save's on the cart and therefore should be cross-compatible since 9.2 and 9.4 don't handle saves differently or anything. just make sure that when you're in sysNAND (aka. not in gateway mode) you keep your Wi-Fi off just so that it doesn't download the update and nag you about it

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

im one of the "newbies" I have a 3ds xl running 9.2 and i will be getting the new 3ds xl next month when it comes out. My issue is i want to be able to use the gateway card on the new 3ds (hopefully the firmware that will come with it, will be compatible) but want to transfer all my eshop games and embassodor games, streetpass puzzles and mii settings to the new 3ds. Can you guys help me out with what is the best way to accomplish this? according to the nintendo website, during the system transfer, it will force both 3ds systems (the n3ds and the 3ds xl) to update firmware to the latest ( dont want this obvioulsy, want to be able to use gateway 3ds) i have not purchased the gateway yet(soldout) so it will be a new experince for me as well when i receive it.

so.. in short, i will have 1 3ds xl running 9.2, the new 3ds --firmware unconfirmed--, and 1 gateway 3ds card,

any help on how to transfer all my data to the new 3ds without loosing any thing would be greatly appreciate it.​

-Dazed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question. the op states gateway is now compatible with 2DS as long as they aren't past 9.X. is it like the 3DS back then where some sku had too high firmwares and others don't? Basically, which 2DS versions are "safe" assuming I buy new? are the crystal red/blue 2DS' good?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I have one more quick question. I'm running the latest emuNAND of Gateway and I'm trying to load up MK7 and it says A software update is available.

That's safe to update right? It won't update the actual sysNAND?

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install .cia files? Is it the same as a .3ds rom just put it on the microsd?

.cia files can play online fine? No need to edit the file?

Are save files from .cia compatible with the same game .3ds save?

zettabyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Gateway in the mail today and have already hit a road block.

I have a classic 3DS on 9.2.0-20U. I put the _rpg, _DSMENU.DAT, etc. files from the 3.0.1 download on my MicroSD (Class 10, 32GB, FAT32) and put it into the blue card, which was then placed into the cart slot. I then erased all data on my SD (2GB, came with 3DS) and put Launcher.dat in the root directory.

I turn on the 3DS, launch the cart, and all I get is an error stating, "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button ... etc."

I've tried both fully formatting the MSD card and formatting the 3DS's system memory, but I'm still getting this error and I have no idea what else I could do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: UPDATE!

I got it working. Turns out the instructional PDF included in the download is completely wrong and the blue cart is unnecessary. Tutorial I followed is here in case anyone else runs into this issue: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0