Hacking Linux Loader in JS

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i got it ! Linux working via Javascript
In my dns server just launch linux without launch any payload before.
Linux have to be install in usb key or hdd of course.
Spend a lot of time, but that work :)

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

You can already emulate PS2 using Sony proprietary emulator, but yeah, for the majority of emulators there's a Linux port. Current gen consoles being based on a "X86" architecture (bar Nintendo) permits to install Steam and, even if I haven't read reports about it, you should be able to install Wine and run Windos game/applications...
Has anyone ever tried KVM (maybe with GPU passthrough)? Is virtualization enabled?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got it ! Linux working via Javascript
In my dns server just launch linux without launch any payload before.
Linux have to be install in usb key or hdd of course.
Spend a lot of time, but that work :)

Which linux payload did you use to run it?
Were they the payloads in my pack?

I cannot get python (3.x) to cooperate on my laptop, so cannot convert bin to js for better conversion with python method :(

EDIT: W00t got python working, converting payloads and triple checking their integrity.

EDIT2: my converted BIN 2 JS files are bigger still than the other versions......

68kb holy grail bin
146kb bin2js method
149kb editzz js
187kb using python method :wtf:

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: nerirififi

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which linux payload did you use to run it?
Were they the payloads in my pack?

I cannot get python (3.x) to cooperate on my laptop, so cannot convert bin to js for better conversion with python method :(

EDIT: W00t got python working, converting payloads and triple checking their integrity.

The problem was not the conversion, now i am sure Bin2js do the job well. If you compare file convert in python with an hex editor, it s not the same file ?
The problem was the file loader.js
The only payload work is from Valentine.

Last edited by nerirififi,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem was not the conversion, now i am sure Bin2js do the job well. If you compare file convert in python with an hex editor, it s not the same file ?

@Leeful mentioned that bin2js converts binary to decimal, python converts to hex.

This is getting confusing as to which is the best method for working conversion.

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem was not the conversion, now i am sure Bin2js do the job well.
Salut. Comment je teste ça? Est-ce que tu peux fournir des fichiers ou je dois entrer un DNS.

Il n' y en a pas besoin, il suffit juste de mettre ces dns 108.61.188.253 en primaire et secondaire, et de lancer le guide utilisateur.

@Leeful mentioned that bin2js converts binary to decimal, python converts to hex.

This is getting confusing as to which is the best method for working conversion.

I don't know the best method but with Bin2js i got 100% of success in linux boot.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

There isn't a best method, they both should lead to the same outcome, fill an array with binary data. Using the hexadecimal base could shave a few bytes, or maybe not as the figures need to be prefixed with 0x unless they are less or equal than 15...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There isn't a best method, they both should lead to the same outcome, fill an array with binary data. Using the hexadecimal base could shave a few bytes, or maybe not as the figures need to be prefixed with 0x unless they are less or equal than 15...

I just cant work out why each method yields vastly different sized files (py hex = far bigger)

Which method would you recommend?

shim80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Il n' y en a pas besoin, il suffit juste de mettre ces dns 108.61.188.253 en primaire et secondaire, et de lancer le guide utilisateur.
Comment ça? En configurant un réseau wifi?

shim80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice web page!
But I have the same problem: monitor don't receive any signal from the ps4...
(the LED switching to white from blue slowly...)
I have a usb flash drive connected with initramfs and the last bzimage (compatible slim/pro from eeply).

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just cant work out why each method yields vastly different sized files (py hex = far bigger)

Which method would you recommend?

If both work it's your choice if you want to save a few bytes. After looking at @nerirififi implementation, I've only now realized that my Python version doesn't consider the endianess and it's probably wrong... ^__^;

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If both work it's your choice if you want to save a few bytes. After looking at @nerirififi implementation, I've only now realized that my Python version doesn't consider the endianess and it's probably wrong... ^__^;

I couldnt get nerirififi's working either, went off and found stooged's (which is virtually the same) and it worked first time.

Last edited by KiiWii,

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice web page!
But I have the same problem: monitor don't receive any signal from the ps4...
(the LED switching to white from blue slowly...)
I have a usb flash drive connected with initramfs and the last bzimage (compatible slim/pro from eeply).

I only launch linux with a PHAT modele of ps4, but i got also a pro.
I know there is not many problem with slim, only with a pro. Maybe the problem come from driver not yet implemented in a linux distribution for pro model.
Soon as gpu driver will be release, i will test on this models.

https://twitter.com/Ps3ita_Team/status/976799034424856576

They add gpu support and sound card support.
Did you try to press [CTRL]+[ALT]+[F2] on your keyboard after the black screen ?

Last edited by nerirififi,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's because there are more characters in the file created by python. Just think of the payload.js as a simple txt file. The more letters and numbers in the file, the bigger the size will be.

Both the files give out the same information, they are just interpreted in different ways. One in decimal and one in hex.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's because there are more characters in the file created by python. Just think of the payload.js as a simple txt file. The more letters and numbers in the file, the bigger the size will be.

Both the files give out the same information, they are just interpreted in different ways. One in decimal and one in hex.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification :)

I get that they are arrays, and how they work, but the 3 variances in two methods troubles me. Lol.

Reactions: Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back again