• I dont care

Votes: 43 13.2%

• Total voters

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have also done maybe something like echo -e "#!/bin/bash\necho Hey\necho Whatever" > file.sh and that would have worked. uname is also fun to play with to get the kernel version and other information.
I've used uname before, and used it on the 3DS already (it was 4.4 something).

xerpi made a new thread for Linux on 3DS, as well as telling me how to get my own files into the filesystem. so I'll try that out. I also made a video which is linked in the thread as well.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is dumb. They'll never be able to get 3D drivers implemented, since the hardware and software are closed source. You'd be better off with a cheap smartphone that's running Android (which is based on Linux), which you can get for somewhere in the $15-30 range (unlocked), and you'd get better performance than a 3DS that would be using the generic VESA driver.

My vote is no.

Stop wasting your time with this shit and get to cracking on cracking the 3DS's bootloader, duh. Chop-chop! :lol: Just kidding. Sounds like a fun project, but don't get your hopes up too much. I remember there was a time when people worked on Linux for the iPod touch 2G. Nothing good came of it, precisely due to the graphic drivers. I'd be surprised if they even get the touch input to work (again, closed sources to work with).

Last edited by DSpider,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The kernel has mainline support for tons of devices, many proprietary and closed.
Also if we just get an android we'd be doomed with no suppport. Android isn't a typical linux distro, you're severely limited. Only thing that got close to good is that arch port to nexus 7.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is dumb. They'll never be able to get 3D drivers implemented, since the hardware and software are closed source. You'd be better off with a cheap smartphone that's running Android (which is based on Linux), which you can get for somewhere in the $15-30 range (unlocked), and you'd get better performance than a 3DS that would be using the generic VESA driver.

My vote is no.

Stop wasting your time with this shit and get to cracking on cracking the 3DS's bootloader, duh. Chop-chop! :lol: Just kidding. Sounds like a fun project, but don't get your hopes up too much. I remember there was a time when people worked on Linux for the iPod touch 2G. Nothing good came of it, precisely due to the graphic drivers. I'd be surprised if they even get the touch input to work (again, closed sources to work with).
this is just a toy to play with of course. nobody seriously thinks this will ever be for serious use.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country

My vote is no.

the dev already released it. so i dont know what you are getting at

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F