Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Oooo, I love hearing about these sort of details. I'm sure the team had to do some cutting back of content when going from Wii to Wiiware and the unused content might be proof of that. Or maybe that content is still accessible but not directly in game, that's always interesting.

Thanks for sharing!
About the unused content, I was partially wrong : while some characters' names seem unused, the missions I had identified as "left aside" are actually re-use of bosses that trigger under specific conditions after you went past a certain level (last one is after level 101, which makes sense because you can't restart from later levels after that, unless you use the quick save option).

I have successfully unlocked 2 out of 3, and while I'm pretty sure about the last one, I still want to witness it with my eyes, so I'll play a little bit more 😄.

As for the rest, apart from the icons, one of my beta testers is having issues with installing the altered font, which might be connected with his configuration.

@wiiAdventurer , you seem to be pretty enthousiastic : would you mind trying to install the wad after beta session and before it's released? I wanna make sure this is isolated problem, since he's the only one having issue out of us three?

Yours truly.

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem to be pretty enthousiastic : would you mind trying to install the wad after beta session and before it's released? I wanna make sure this is isolated problem, since he's the only one having issue out of us three?
I'd be happy to do so. Please just shoot me a PM when you're ready. Full disclosure, I use Dolphin for all my gaming these days (Wiis stay in the closet unless I need to use Cleanrip). Not sure if that impacts the process.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'd be happy to do so. Please just shoot me a PM when you're ready. Full disclosure, I use Dolphin for all my gaming these days (Wiis stay in the closet unless I need to use Cleanrip). Not sure if that impacts the process.
Thanks, @wiiAdventurer , but in this particular case I'll need you to test the game on real hardware, because that's how my beta tester is having issues.

I'll send you a PM to talk about that more, have a nice day!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
So, I'm done with the stamps I guess...

stamps.jpg

All that is left now is to clean up the font a little bit, send the "final" version to the beta testers, and play the game one final week or so, to give my beta testers enough time to come back to me!

And of course, there's the trailer... Anyway, the patch should be out by the end of the month. :)

@wiiAdventurer , although my beta tester found a way to install the wad (might be related to him being a mac user, or having two versions of ShowMiiWads on his computer), I'd like to send you the patch to see if you meet any issue installing it?

Good night to ya all!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good morning ! (In France, at least...)

RomHacking has authorized the publication of my translation as an xdelta patch!

You can watch the trailer and download the patch from the first page of this thread!

Thank you all for your support and patience, and don't hesitate to give feed-backs on the "reviews" section of RomHacking!

Yours truly.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Congratulations! Yet another cool game that we now can understand!

This always was on those lists of games that people wanted but they never localized, and it's great to finally have it here. It seems it took quite a lot of work. I will give it a shot on the weekend!

Reactions: Brand Newman

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, what wonderful news. Appreciate all the time you put into the translation for this one. From the trailer alone, you can tell this is a very special game (I love the music chosen for the trailer!).

Considering the number of times I've said this, I'm sure it comes across as ingenuine, but thank you again Brand. A whopping five Wii titles translated. That's incredible! :)

Reactions: Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thats what i did black screen nontheless
Is your "Nand Chan. Emulation" set to "full". Are you using Sneek instead of Nand emulation maybe?

Just to be sure the patch has been correctly applied, maybe you could try installing the Wad on your real Nand (assuming you have enough room for that and know how to use a wad installer)?

I'm a PAL user myself and had encountered the black screen before, so I made sure the patched wad would work on PAL systems, but if other PAL users could give their feedbacks maybe?

Neotext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is your "Nand Chan. Emulation" set to "full". Are you using Sneek instead of Nand emulation maybe?

Just to be sure the patch has been correctly applied, maybe you could try installing the Wad on your real Nand (assuming you have enough room for that and know how to use a wad installer)?

I'm a PAL user myself and had encountered the black screen before, so I made sure the patched wad would work on PAL systems, but if other PAL users could give their feedbacks maybe?
1. I am using "Full" nand emu
2. I tested my patched wad with dolphin and it worked
3. Going to try it on my real nand now

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Okay Good news it works on real nand
Mmm... seems the issue must be with your Emunand somehow, if the wad works both on Dolphin and real nand.

What about the untranslated wad? Does it work on Emunand ? If it doesn't then it shouldn't be patch related ; if it does I'll have to dig that a bit more.

Neotext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mmm... seems the issue must be with your Emunand somehow, if the wad works both on Dolphin and real nand.

What about the untranslated wad? Does it work on Emunand ? If it doesn't then it shouldn't be patch related ; if it does I'll have to dig that a bit more.
Unpatched Version worked on my emunand

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

the patched version
tried with usb loader gx and wiiflow in emunand and it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1