Light Crusader, Alien Soldier and Super Fantasy Zone available now on Nintendo Switch Online

Nintendo has revealed three new Sega Genesis titles coming to its Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. Two of the games, Light Crusader and Alien Soldier, are action-adventure games released by developer Treasure in 1995. The third, Super Fantasy Zone, is a shoot 'em up released in 1992 by Sunsoft. All three titles have been previously available on the Wii's VIrtual Console service and on the Sega Genesis Mini, though not all titles were available in every region.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I had fantasy zone on Master System, first shooter I had. It was fun for a small kid that I were back then. I never revised it, and never knew that was other version on Mega Drive.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had fantasy zone on Master System, first shooter I had. It was fun for a small kid that I were back then. I never revised it, and never knew that was other version on Mega Drive.
The megadrive version was made by sunsoft. The people responsible for Blaster Master. :)

Also, there is a sequel. Fantasy Zone 2, Tears of Opa Opa. :P

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The megadrive version was made by sunsoft. The people responsible for Blaster Master. :)

Also, there is a sequel. Fantasy Zone 2, Tears of Opa Opa. :P
There was actually 4 sequels before Super Fantasy Zone came out.

Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa (1987)

Fantasy Zone: The Maze (1987)

Fantasy Zone Galactic Protector (1988)

Fantasy Zone Gear: The Adventures of Opa-Opa Jr (1991)

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Games present on VC and Genesis Mini. Ok, some people didn't get them, but they could diversify a bit. There's a lot of games that could and should be revisited.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was actually 4 sequels before Super Fantasy Zone came out.

Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa (1987)

Fantasy Zone: The Maze (1987)

Fantasy Zone Galactic Protector (1988)

Fantasy Zone Gear: The Adventures of Opa-Opa Jr (1991)
You forgot the one forgot the 2008 version of Super fantasy zone 2, Is also on the 3DS. :ninja:

Wow, never thought that cute little game went this far.
You be surprised that something "Cute" can go far. There is a category for games like this. Is not Shoot em ups, is "Cute em ups" (not joking)

Games like Cotton Fantastic night dreams games or even Konami's spin off of gradius, unapologetically called "PARODIUS" :P

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
You be surprised that something "Cute" can go far. There is a category for games like this. Is not Shoot em ups, is "Cute em ups" (not joking)

Games like Cotton Fantastic night dreams games or even Konami's spin off of gradius, unapologetically called "PARODIUS" :P
"Cute" was a compliment of mine, what surprised me was the "little" part. Not that back on Master System days games were super long (it is quite the opposite) but, at least here at that period, it was budget game of sorts, not a huge deal like Alex Kidd, Altered Beast or Double Dragon (and later Michael Jackson and Sonic). That's what I meant.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With how easy it is to mod a sega mini for an old school authentic experience, I don't really see the point in this outside maybe portability. But at that point we can run this on many devices like a phone.

Give us more N64 games, like snowboard kid please!

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up on NES, Genesis, etc, etc. but does anyone else just NOT have any fun playing retro games? Loved them when I was a kid, but I just can't play this stuff now. It's fun for all of maybe 15 minutes for me before I'm bored to death. Anything before the 90's is tough for me to play now.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't complain about this at all.

Sunsoft had previously ported Fantasy Zone to the Famicom, so they were in good stead to make an original one for the Mega Drive.

Light Crusader is underrated and technically Impressive. Not exactly my favourite MD Treasure game but legitimately unique in the library.

Alien Soldier is monster. I hope newcomers aren't overwhelmed and demoralised by the apparent absurd difficulty. Two tips: Dashing = invincibility, double-tapping attack is a melee action which converts enemy projectiles into health pick-ups.

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so hard for Nintendo, A multi-billion dollar co., to spend the time to find at least one game for each of the systems and release them at a rate of 1 per system every month or 2 . Announced a whole line of n64 games ready to go and instead you dripfeed them out in unknown release dates to burn up a whole year. You'll never get the games you grew up playing with because of licensing issues and junk. I had Super mario world, DKC series, etc, but i also had bugs bunny rabbit rampage, Turtles in time, Porkey pigs haunted holiday, Madden 96, And a whole bunch of licinsed games they can't release. Thats why this Nintendo classics online shit will never work for people who is espically interested in playing retro games in a legal way.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so hard for Nintendo, A multi-billion dollar co., to spend the time to find at least one game for each of the systems and release them at a rate of 1 per system every month or 2 . Announced a whole line of n64 games ready to go and instead you dripfeed them out in unknown release dates to burn up a whole year. You'll never get the games you grew up playing with because of licensing issues and junk. I had Super mario world, DKC series, etc, but i also had bugs bunny rabbit rampage, Turtles in time, Porkey pigs haunted holiday, Madden 96, And a whole bunch of licinsed games they can't release. Thats why this Nintendo classics online shit will never work for people who is espically interested in playing retro games in a legal way.
False scarcity is a big part of Nintendo's marketing strategy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1