Leaked Durango Devkit Thats On Sale Confirmed As The Real Thing

Cartmanuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sttbF.jpg
When a Leaked Microsoft Durango devkit appeared on Assemblergames forum for sale at $10,00, most thought its was a joke, but today many are reporting that this Dev kit is for real.​
ZulrR.jpg
The Dev kit, which is said to feature an Intel CPU, NVIDIA GPU, and “ an eight-core processor.” The fact that the kit looks like a plain black PC tower running a regular debug launcher led many to believe it was nothing more than a hoax,​
EGP43.jpg
For those of you who don't know Durango, is the code name for the next Xbox console aka Xbox720​
Digital Foundry claims development sources agreed Durango is a 64-bit system, and also confirmed the authenticity of the interface seen in the images above.​
Eftlp.jpg
DaE The person who had leaked the shots, suggests that the current devkits were sent to studios in Feburary and feature Intel CPUs and a graphics card from NVIDIA. He also claims that the Durango kit has more than 8GB of memory, and that the hardware is 64-bit in nature.​

Reactions: 1 person

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if this is real, does it really confirm anything new besides the fact that there are basic devkits out there for the next gen Xbox? I mean, as far as I can tell, none of the reported info is really different from that supposed document leak, and as well, the pictures are so, so generic. Of the pictures available, you never even see anything that you can confirm to be the devkit. The pics of the guy's computer screen are generic pictures, most of which just look like a screensaver. Then, with that code thing, I feel like anybody with any idea of how to slap some of whatever kind of code that is together could easily get a fake image made up.

The short of it is probably to take this with a shaker of salt, unless there's something I'm missing that should make this actually, totally believable.

Cartmanuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A report carried by Digital Foundry claims that a series of leaked images of an Xbox 720 dev kit, have been authenticated by developers. The image reportedly show the new Microsoft Xbox 720 Durango dev kit, and were posted on the Assembler Games developer forum as a sale item. Digital Foundry claims unnamed industry sources working on games for next-gen consoles have verified that the images of the Durango Devkit are authentic.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Retail would most likely have 4GB of RAM.

Xbox - 64 MB : Devkit 128 MB
360 - 512 MB : Devkit 1 GB

So it would make sense for the retail one to have 4 GB.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Um.. would it be too much more powerful then this rumor specs for WiiU ? http://www.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Tech_Specs

Don't know if we can tell ,since the specs on 1st post are kinda generic yet

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Um.. would it be too much more powerful then this rumor specs for WiiU ? http://www.ign.com/w...ii_U_Tech_Specs

Don't know if we can tell ,since the specs on 1st post are kinda generic yet

Wii U specs is still a rumor.
Next gen Xbox could have lower RAM but I was only pointing out that the Xbox 1 and 360 both had double the RAM capacity in their Devkit counterparts.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True.

But still.
Looking back at the 360 and Xbox then it could be plausible.

I don't like rumors at all.
Kids can also spread false rumors of it having 32 GB of RAM and a 128 core CPU.

Or that MS will brick your console when you attempt to put in a used game.
Like what happened to the 3DS bricking rumor.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I love when someone on assembler gets a HOT EXCLUSIVE BETA. They sometimes show off images with some text related to 'fucking hell this is assembler games' covering up most of it. In this case the guy just hides most all of his cool stuff to look at behind a piece of white paper. I'm a fancy collector, stop looking! Who wants to bet DaE releases nothing and shoves the tower in a closet?

Reactions: 1 person

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Nice, I've always seemed to like the earlier 'desktop' devkits than the later more console looking ones, no idea why :unsure:

Haven't been on assmblergames for ages, used to lurk there quite alot, and have posted before when I was having trouble deducing what Xbox devkit I owned (it was missing the Jewel, which was the main way to tell a DVT-3 from a DVT-4 i believe) Still regret selling that :(

Here's hoping some more info comes out from it, all seems rather vague still.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why of course the Devkit will have more resources than the retail units - it needs to be capable to run the game/application binary and the debugging layer at the same time. I'm quite impressed by the specs though and I can't wait to see more. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew