Gaming Launch title that never came to light?

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember when the Wii was first launched a game was previewed in which you were armed with a flash-light and had to fend off insects. Does anyone remember this game and what became of it? I can't track anything down...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Japan it was called Necro-Nesia, elsewhere it was called Escape from Bug Island.

The Japanese version was deemed awful so Eidos, who were working on the localisation decided to make it better. They made the controls better and a few other things (apparently) but the game I played was also awful so god knows how bad the Japanese version was.

Not worth playing at all but if you're after a decent survival horror game then try Cursed Mountain.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
In Japan it was called Necro-Nesia, elsewhere it was called Escape from Bug Island.

The Japanese version was deemed awful so Eidos, who were working on the localisation decided to make it better. They made the controls better and a few other things (apparently) but the game I played was also awful so god knows how bad the Japanese version was.

Not worth playing at all but if you're after a decent survival horror game then try Cursed Mountain.
Or you can wait for Silent hill shattered memories. I think thats a little bit closer to the game your thinking of.

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Necro-nesia! That's the one! Thanks alot.

How did Cursed Mountain end up? I remember watching the first trailer ages ago but it didn't really grab me, I am so keen for Shattered Memories though.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
I played was also awful so god knows how bad the Japanese version was.

Suppose tho mate on the plus side you didn't actually buy it and waste £20-£30 to find this out!
nyanya.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sphere9 said:
Necro-nesia! That's the one! Thanks alot.

How did Cursed Mountain end up? I remember watching the first trailer ages ago but it didn't really grab me, I am so keen for Shattered Memories though.
it was ok at 1st but for me it got bring really quick. you seemed to keep doing the same things walk around a ghost appears, you kill it and move on.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Hadrian said:
I played was also awful so god knows how bad the Japanese version was.

Suppose tho mate on the plus side you didn't actually buy it and waste £20-£30 to find this out!
nyanya.gif
I borrowed my mates one, this was probably before Wii modchips.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cursed mountain isnt the best but it is worth playing. I believe its scarier than resident evil ...just not very hard to play. I think the rating it got was a little lower than it deserves. Awesome graphics for most wii games. Havent finished it quite yet...almost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper