Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
FIX94 said:
Jacobeian said:
USB compatibility through ios58 depends on the libogc version the emulator was compiled with
tantric's releases are official and therefore compiled with an up-to-date libogc
genplus is compiled by gbatemp users, which do not always use the last version of libogc
I'm always updating my libogc to latest svn before compiling something, so it should be no problem, correct? And it also works fine for me.

it seems your genplus build was uploaded the 16th sept, there have been lot of fixes in libogc since that date
wink2.gif

recompiling with libogc 1.8.4 would probably fix this user's issue, I've noticed that USB compatibilty was very picky and unstable for a few week after they started using IOS58
the latest release of tantric, however are more recent and use the latest version of libogc which seems to have most bugs fixed

Thank you for the insight!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hielkenator said:
FIX94 said:
Jacobeian said:
for DVD support in all recent homebrew apps, you need in the meta.xml file
...and this is what I added in the link above
laugh.gif

WORKS! From the HBC

Now I need a way for my forwarder channel to use the dvd flag.....

ANYONE?
Upload your current forwarder channel and I will make a new one with dvd use.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
hi fix94, my drive is detected by vbagx, snesgx and nes but is not detected by gensplusgx, as you know what you are doing could you please modify gensplus to have the same hard drive compatibility as the others if its not too much hassle

Thanks in advance, if you cant or wont do it then I understand you are probably a busy person

This problem also affects wiisx and wii 64 but Ill email the developer of those to see if he/she will implement support for this enclosure which I am currently using: http://www.amazon.co.uk/IOMAX-2-5-Hard-Dri...4136&sr=8-1

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richard: The Wii64 team has already said they will use the latest libogc for the next release (ie: the one with better HDD support as well as using IOS58) but that they are waiting for the new drivers to mature more (IE not occasionally deleting things from people's hard drives
wink.gif
) before the next version is out.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Richard: The Wii64 team has already said they will use the latest libogc for the next release (ie: the one with better HDD support as well as using IOS58) but that they are waiting for the new drivers to mature more (IE not occasionally deleting things from people's hard drives
wink.gif
) before the next version is out.

Ok thanks I didnt know this, what about gensplus, can fix94 modify the latest rev and add more drivers for that?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Richardarkless said:
Ok thanks I didnt know this, what about gensplus, can fix94 modify the latest rev and add more drivers for that?
Remember, I'm not a coder, I can do logical things, but I can not create something new, that's the problem.

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you try the wiisx and wii64 usb mod wit IOS202 or IOS58??? They have better USB drive support with those IOS

Which version of tantric emu did you use ? Cause tantric made change to ios reload in his last version. Which version of genplus did you use ?

Richardarkless said:
hi fix94, my drive is detected by vbagx, snesgx and nes but is not detected by gensplusgx, as you know what you are doing could you please modify gensplus to have the same hard drive compatibility as the others if its not too much hassle

Thanks in advance, if you cant or wont do it then I understand you are probably a busy person

This problem also affects wiisx and wii 64 but Ill email the developer of those to see if he/she will implement support for this enclosure which I am currently using: http://www.amazon.co.uk/IOMAX-2-5-Hard-Dri...4136&sr=8-1

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
FIX94 said:
Richardarkless said:
Remember, I'm not a coder, I can do logical things, but I can not create something new, that's the problem.

do you compile emulators with the last libfat (from SVN) ?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
any chance of compiling rev r486 of genplus gx with 3rd party controller support ?

or the latest r503 with 3rd party controller support and cIOS202 & EHCI module support ?

Any version after r487 fails to load roms from HDD as cIOS202 & EHCI module support was removed from r487

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Richardarkless said:

Ok no problem, thanks anyway for the response

QUOTE(matguitarist @ Oct 18 2010, 10:53 PM)
Have you try the wiisx and wii64 usb mod wit IOS202 or IOS58??? They have better USB drive support with those IOS

Which version of tantric emu did you use ? Cause tantric made change to ios reload in his last version. Which version of genplus did you use ?

No I havent tried the wiisx and wii64 usb mod, I did look on the megaupload link and there are around 3/4 different builds, which one should I download?, so far ive only tried the official ones from the homebrew browser

As for the other emulators, I use fix94's builds of both the tantric emulators and gensplus. I also tried the official builds and the same outcome, works fine in tantrics emulators but not in gensplus. I guess it is because he did change the ios reload.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I guess it is because he did change the ios reload.

this should not change anything, he just disabled IOS reload for good (in previous revs, he sometimes reloaded IOS58 if it was found on the system but not loaded by HBC and AHBPROT was not set)

Once again, all emulators use the same basic I/O code to access USB, only difference is made by the libraries used to compile (libogc AND libfat), use the last versions from SVN and you have the same compatibility between all emulators. Try to download fix94 genplus version again, he recompiled it some time ago even if the revision number did not change.

Also make sure you have a proper meta.xml for each emulator, with the node, otherwise it could be HBC reloading to something else than IOS58 when loading the application, in which case USB2 support is disabled. In that case, HBC should obviously be running on IOS58 as well, otherwise it won't work for the same good reasons.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Oct 19 2010, 02:10 PM) any chance of compiling rev r486 of genplus gx with 3rd party controller support ?

or the latest r503 with 3rd party controller support and cIOS202 & EHCI module support ?

Any version after r487 fails to load roms from HDD as cIOS202 & EHCI module support was removed from r487

Scrub that I just compiled and old forwarder with IOS58 support.. all work fine and dandy..

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
I guess it is because he did change the ios reload.

this should not change anything, he just disabled IOS reload for good (in previous revs, he sometimes reloaded IOS58 if it was found on the system but not loaded by HBC and AHBPROT was not set)

Once again, all emulators use the same basic I/O code to access USB, only difference is made by the libraries used to compile (libogc AND libfat), use the last versions from SVN and you have the same compatibility between all emulators. Try to download fix94 genplus version again, he recompiled it some time ago even if the revision number did not change.

Also make sure you have a proper meta.xml for each emulator, with the node, otherwise it could be HBC reloading to something else than IOS58 when loading the application, in which case USB2 support is disabled. In that case, HBC should obviously be running on IOS58 as well, otherwise it won't work for the same good reasons.

genplus, wiisx and wii64's meta.xml dont have this because I used the ones that came with the official builds, is that why it isnt picking up my hard drive?

Ive added that to them now and genesis plus is now picking up the hard drive, no change for official wiisx and wii64

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Richardarkless said:
ok thanks, shall I add the option to the meta.xml or dont I need to do this for these builds?
I don't know, only add it if it doesn't work without.

Ok thanks, currently I cant test these out as my bro has come home from school and is playing on the wii

EDIT: just tested it and it detects my hard drive, thanks to everyone who helped me solve this problem

The problem I seem to be having now is that I have graphics issues with wii64 and with wiisx whenever I start a game it always code dumps but I think those are down to the fact that both are still relatively unstable

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update time
yaywii.gif

I compiled the latest versions of snes9xgx, fceugx, vbagx and smsplusgx (yes, a new version
rolleyes.gif
) and re-compiled genplusgx with the latest libogc+libfat svn and the new devkitPPC r22! It would be great if someone could test if everything works!
I noticed that the compiling process takes longer than before, I hope the next update will add multi-core processor support, and the files are smaller.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Update time
yaywii.gif

I compiled the latest versions of snes9xgx, fceugx, vbagx and smsplusgx (yes, a new version
rolleyes.gif
) and re-compiled genplusgx with the latest libogc+libfat svn and the new devkitPPC r22! It would be great if someone could test if everything works!
I noticed that the compiling process takes longer than before, I hope the next update will add multi-core processor support, and the files are smaller.
I have tried the new updates now and i get error in snes9xgx, fceugx, vbagx.... Can´t find my harddrive, have never had this problem before... went back to previous releases and everything works perfect again..... genplus gx and smsgx worked with the new release...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol