Homebrew Latest emulator and libogc with 3rd party classic controller

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, ingot it off the OP in the mediators link, then go to emulators folder. It's down by the bottom.

Also now that I think about it, mod5 is probably fix94's mod with NTFS support. It was late as hell last night and I was tired.. drunk.. Well both :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As promised, I've updated fceugx, snes9xgx, vbagx and genplusgx to the latest versions, compiled with the good old wiiuse library. A few notes, I've modified genplusgx to ignore the analog sticks of the classic controller completely, so the controls dont go to left all the time. Also for some reason vbagx needed a small modification to compile. I've uploaded the libraries, so both libogc and portlibs folder, the file is called "3rd party controller libs.7z", the portlibs are 99% just taken from wiiflow lol, the libogc is the latest 1.8.11.1 and the libfat is the latest 1.0.12. Have fun :)

Reactions: sabandellos

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As promised, I've updated fceugx, snes9xgx, vbagx and genplusgx to the latest versions, compiled with the good old wiiuse library. A few notes, I've modified genplusgx to ignore the analog sticks of the classic controller completely, so the controls dont go to left all the time. Also for some reason vbagx needed a small modification to compile. I've uploaded the libraries, so both libogc and portlibs folder, the file is called "3rd party controller libs.7z", the portlibs are 99% just taken from wiiflow lol, the libogc is the latest 1.8.11.1 and the libfat is the latest 1.0.12. Have fun :)

Whoa! It's heartening to see someone update Tantric's emulators since he, you know, kinda gave up on them ;)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
i'm not sure to get it, hasn't the "3rd party controller fix" been included months ago in official libwiiuse/libogc ? it was a very basic patch as far as I remember...
if so, why would you need to recompile the emulators vs official builds , they should have the same compatibility ?
and why would you disable analog sticks when they worked fine with most classical controllers ?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well it should be included but it doesnt work properly, you may get input lag, the analog stick with 3rd party controllers always reports it goes to the left, thats why I updated it. And remember, its for the 3rd party stuff, everyone who uses the original stuff can just use the official releases anyways. That update is just for the ones who got problems with the official fix.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Well, if official ones don't work properly with 3rd parties, it means the patch was not included in official libwiiuse after all or something changed since. Out of curiosity, what patched lib are you using to recompile them ? Hasn't anybody figured what should be done in official wiiuse to get it work the same ? Again, it wasn't really complicated patches...

Also, does the patched version really works fine with 3rd party analog sticks ? From what i remember, people were still reporting issues with analog sticks even with the patched libwiiuse ? And If they work fine, why the need to disable them in your genplus build ? Sorry for all these questions but I am really surprised there are still issues with this after all these years and that we still have to rely on recompiled builds.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if official ones don't work properly with 3rd parties, it means the patch was not included in official libwiiuse after all or something changed since. Out of curiosity, what patched lib are you using to recompile them ? Hasn't anybody figured what should be done in official wiiuse to get it work the same ? Again, it wasn't really complicated patches...
Nobody ever really checked them out properly, the libs are the test 16 ones or so from matguitarist, just go a few pages back. The official fix seems to not work properly for everyone thats for sure, and I also had some slowdown problems. And quite a few months now theres no activity on libogc anyways so it wont get done properly anyways anymore from their side.
Also, does the patched version really works fine with 3rd party analog sticks ? From what i remember, people were still reporting issues with analog sticks even with the patched libwiiuse ? And If they work fine, why the need to disable them in your genplus build ? Sorry for all these questions but I am really surprised there are still issues with this after all these years and that we still have to rely on recompiled builds.
Analog sticks never worked, I have my own thoughts about that, you know back then I got no idea about coding, now I'm quite good in it so I'll might finally check it out the one or the other day and finally fix that shit properly.

UncleTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to sign up for an account here just to thank FIX94. I bought a Hori stick for the Wii yesterday and using your updates made the thing work like a charm! I'm in 16-bit heaven.

Edit: Damn. So it turns out it only worked for me with genplusgx 1.7.3. No luck with snes9xgx 4.3.2 or fceugx 3.3.4 (they still constantly go left). Oh well, I'll take what I can get!

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I've been trying all day to get my Classic Controller Pro working with Wii64, I was originally using the latest version of Not64 which had weird support, only up and right worked and they were inverted. Then I tried matguitarman's classic controller mod and that made the analog sticks not work at all. Can someone help me out?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi, just a question, to be able to use a 3rd party CCP do I need an original wiimote or the wimote can also be 3rd party?

I don't own any original wiimote or ccp and I tried a few versions of FIX94 and matguitarist's snes9xgx dols but unfortunately my ccp doesn't work with any version I tried, the wiimote works fine tho. I am trying on the Wii U's vWii so I don't know if it's because of that.

Also, i tried the TellMiiMyId app and it just stays forever at the searching for id or something but never finds anything, it doesn't work on Wii U?

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, just a question, to be able to use a 3rd party CCP do I need an original wiimote or the wimote can also be 3rd party?

I don't own any original wiimote or ccp and I tried a few versions of FIX94 and matguitarist's snes9xgx dols but unfortunately my ccp doesn't work with any version I tried, the wiimote works fine tho. I am trying on the Wii U's vWii so I don't know if it's because of that.

Also, i tried the TellMiiMyId app and it just stays forever at the searching for id or something but never finds anything, it doesn't work on Wii U?

I also have a 3rd party CCP and I have all original wii remotes and still have a problem. I too have tried multiple emulators and on both original and vWii and have had no luck. Sadly I don't think anyone can give us a solution.

PSwasted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really don't get this...when i click on the 64 ones it takes me to the same page with a bunch of threads on it...which one am i suppose to click on....im more than confused about it....can you give a direct link to the 64 fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.