Homebrew Large NeoGeo games support and CPS3 tests

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Playing CPS3 games (6 in total) is kind of a miss/hit thing

You might think there's something wrong with the core, but the actual problem are the roms themselves.

I tried with many different CPS3 roms from various rom sources and none of them worked at all.

That's until I found a Youtube video with a MediaFire link containing cache files + roms + core

So, no... attemting to load CPS3 through Mame2003 won't solve the issue.

You just have to find the correct CPS3 roms.

Inb4: I could never make SF3 New Generation work, but Red Earth, Jojo's Venture, SF3: 2nd Impact and SF3: Third Strike works fine.
All the romset works fine for me with Wiimpathy's CPS3 core.

SamThuMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing CPS3 games (6 in total) is kind of a miss/hit thing

You might think there's something wrong with the core, but the actual problem are the roms themselves.

I tried with many different CPS3 roms from various rom sources and none of them worked at all.

That's until I found a Youtube video with a MediaFire link containing cache files + roms + core

So, no... attemting to load CPS3 through Mame2003 won't solve the issue.

You just have to find the correct CPS3 roms.

Inb4: I could never make SF3 New Generation work, but Red Earth, Jojo's Venture, SF3: 2nd Impact and SF3: Third Strike works fine.
Thanks for the input - appreciated. Yes I believe you have to use the roms SFiii (no cd versions) for the street fighter 3 games to work. Shame it lacks 60 fps on the emu, these games are damn good looking. So we're not there yet on CPS3, but maybe one day.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the input - appreciated. Yes I believe you have to use the roms SFiii (no cd versions) for the street fighter 3 games to work. Shame it lacks 60 fps on the emu, these games are damn good looking. So we're not there yet on CPS3, but maybe one day.
To achieve 60fps, you would need to get your hands dirty with the CPS-3 SH-2 code used in the FBA core, since it not optimized for PowerPC use, as far as i know.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've ran into a problem. A really insignificant one, but I need to know if I'm the only one having it.

So... I've been using the old FBA_NeoGeo core with the Ver 1.0 converter.
Works great.

Then, I started to have some glitches with KOF98, in the third round, the fight wouldn't scroll the screen, and it'll remain dead center with the characters going off the sides of the stages. While this isn't game breaking, right after you either win or loose the fight, it would crash. So KOF 98 became unplayable.

Then, I came here and downloaded the Rom Converter 2.0 and the new NeoGeo VM 0.6 core, converted another KOF98.zip rom into a cache file, pasted everything properly on my SD and neither the Old or the New NeoGeo Core would load it.

Something strange too:

Old NeoGeo Core would load all my roms (but now it won't load KOF 98 no matter what)
And NeoGeo VM 0.6 won't load anything at all. Even with the same roms converted to new cache files.
And before you come to tell me that I have to set up the Cache Directory/Route within the Core, I did and it'd still refuse to load any roms.
Am I the only one having this problem?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting these setup now. I pulled the covers for large neo-geo games off my drive. I'll get them added to the cover thread eventually, but I'm going to drop them here for now.

Edit: NVM, i thought I initially left them out of the neo-geo set because they were unplayable and I had them off in a separate folder. Just checked and they're included in the original set.

Last edited by mastershoes,

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I've been trying to get SFIII working, however every time I try to load the zip file the screen goes black, pauses for a moment, then goes back to the emulator menu screen. I've tried multiple rom files. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, all finished setting these up, so i made a cover set for cps3. Thanks @Wiimpathy yet again for your continued awesomeness!
I'll add them to the cover thread, but since there are only a few, i'll leave them here until i do.

jojo.zip.png jojoba.zip.png redearth.zip.png sfiiin.zip.png sfiii2.zip.png sfiii3.zip.png warzardr1.zip.png

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to find the proper DAT file and just rebuilt the roms with clrmamepro. Works great! Tried SF III, beat the game with Ryu. Some slowdown here and there but playable. Thanks Wiimpathy for this awesome emulator!!

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Which version of Retroarch Wii is recommended for these cores, can I use the latest stable version?
RetroArch for the Wii doesn't has a version.
Each core has it's own version.
So you can have multiple cores with different versions working together on the same folder.
For instance, these NeoGeo and CPS3 cores are version 1.3.6 (if I recall correctly) and to my knowledge there's no other version of these cores that can do what these does.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
RetroArch for the Wii doesn't has a version.
Each core has it's own version.
So you can have multiple cores with different versions working together on the same folder.
For instance, these NeoGeo and CPS3 cores are version 1.3.6 (if I recall correctly) and to my knowledge there's no other version of these cores that can do what these does.
I'll download the latest stable and get these cores so

Reactions: SaulFabre

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll download the latest stable and get these cores so
There's a twist though. RA has general cfg files and core-specific cfg files. Different versions can have incompatibilities for general cfg files. This can lead to your install dropping settings, if they are located in the general cfg of an RA version incompatible with the RA version a particular core is based on.

My recommendation is to use the OP versions. You don't need to install all of vanilla RA Wii to run these cores, everything needed is in the OP zips.

My setup is to have these cores as Wiiflow plugins, so the "main" RA installation isn't even relevant as a launcher for me.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question to everyone using these NEOGEO cores:
Are they running fine for you?

I've updated the old 1.3.6 core to the "new" R5/R6 cores but I can't load anything beyond 28MB (even with Cache files)
And old 1.3.6 core suddenly decides to stop working with some games like KOF95,98,99,2000. It's very random.

Last edited by JuanMena,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Question to everyone using these NEOGEO cores:
Are they running fine for you?

I've updated the old 1.3.6 core to the "new" R5/R6 cores but I can't load anything beyond 28MB (even with Cache files)
And old 1.3.6 core suddenly decides to stop working with some games like KOF95,98,99,2000. It's very random.
@JuanMena Try using RA-HEXAECO cores of FBA NeoGeo VM from @SuperrSonic, they work great, link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qxaagqu9f3q2tdy/RA-HEXAECO.7z/file

Greetings

Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist