Homebrew Lameboy perfomance issues

incognito54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

I tried using lameboy for gb/gbc emulation but I have some performance issues with it.
In Super Mario Land the are some parts where the game slows down and the sound is garbled.
Shantae runs at something between 35-40 FPS and the transitions between cutscenes take a lot of time with sound garbling...
Is this normal?

BTW, I have a R4 with a 1GB Kingston (Japan)

Thanks!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't run all games at full speed, and Shantae was one of the latest games for the GBC that pushed the system to its limits, so it's understandable that it would run slowly.

If you want speed, try this emulator which is guaranteed to run the game at full speed, the major problem being getting the game to run in the first place. If the game runs (with or without sound) it'll run at full speed.

incognito54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!
Shantae runs well but the sound is a bit garbled... I'll just play it without sound. This is shaping up to be a great gbc emulator. It just needs some of the user friendliness lameboy has...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lameboy was updated to version 0.11. I haven't tested it yet, but it supposedly run MANY games at 60FPS thanks to heavy optimizations to the software renderer. I've heard that only a few games go below 55FPS. Most are speedy now. Testing time.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new version of Lameboy runs Shantae at about 50 FPS. I doubt that an emulator that uses a software renderer will ever run all GBC games at full speed on the DS, but it should definitely be possible with a hardware renderer like Goomba uses.

Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question: I tried Lufia The Legend Returns on my NDSTT, but the musics are slower than normal. I need a slot 2 card for play it normally or is a problem of the emulator or it's fault of the NDSTT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast