Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that’s what I needed thank you natinusala I had trouble with it but now since a nice tutorial helped me but I’m wait since it say battery issues I’ll wait for a fix thanks
IMG_20180601_200717.jpg

Lakka is a Linux distribution aimed at turning small computer devices into retrogaming consoles. It is a minimal operating system using RetroArch as a front-end - it contains nothing more, nothing less than what's required for RetroArch and its 100+ supported consoles and standalone games.

And guess what - it runs on the Switch too, using the magic of ShofEL2 ! Prepare your SD card, boot the system and you're ready to go !

You can find everything needed on this website : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/

I suggest you read the FAQ as it already covers common issues and questions. The official Lakka documentation can also help.

The system is not perfect yet, some issues are still present (battery desync, no audio, wifi only working after a reboot...). However, it is playable and I feel like it's ready for a (first) release. If you want to contribute, don't hesitate to make a PR or message me directly !

Enjoy ;)
that

Reactions: Centergaming

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Letting the battery drain in Horizon until the Switch shuts down and then booting into Linux and let the battery drain until it shuts down there, might fix the desync issue. At least that's what a GBATemp user reported.
IIRC I originally suggested if I could do the opposite (i.e. draining in Linux first then draining in Horizon), but it got turned down.

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sleep mode already been implemented on Lakka?

(Edited)
The answer is No!!!
I read the FAQ. Everything you need to know is there!

Last edited by Dmafra,

Keksus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello

I know that a lot has been discussed about the battery.
But I have a question.
maybe she can answer someone.

if the battery is no longer synch running, it can then be broken or overloaded?

I mean the switch goes off at 50% then you can load them to 100% and then maybe even if you run Lakka or Linux with the Power Cable.

Sorry for my Bad englisch
I Hope you understand me!
Thanks

Switch-Live

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I can't go further alone anymore.

Two quick questions:

Is there like a “for dummies” guide on how to get started if I was interested in trying to help fix certain problems with this? lol

And, are there any settings I can mess with in the present build to get Dreamcast games to run a little better?

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Centergaming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum