Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is that 100% true tho? I'm thinking if it is we will hear something about a new system next week.

We won't hear anything about "Mariko" from Nintendo's site. They won't add something substantial to that new Revision (besides a fixed Tegra Hardware Exploit) so it will be a silent release. The only ones who will tell us will be Reswitched and other Devs.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

Keksus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello

I have one question.
Is NDS Games Working on Lakka?

On the Site from lakka he write that NDS supported but it doesnt work.

Switch-Live

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considered typing up a FAQ for OP to put in his OP despite the one on his site. But it seems like the same questions get asked regardless lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What did you mean with OP?

On the compatibillity List are DS Games

It’s like two games that kinda work on that list lmfao. If you want a working one, stick with Hetake. The DS emulator I used on there worked great (no touch screen)

For anyone that was curious about Xenogears, I’ve been playing it for a min and can update some more:

- runs great most of the time , seems full speed
- when stationary objects on screen are a certain height, the textures go black (fixed by rotating camera at different angle)
- no sound for cutscenes (duh)
- saving half works, sometimes it saves, sometime it doesn’t despite telling you and whatever data you had before you saved is the one that stays sometimes (in game) (save state is better to be safe)

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Considered typing up a FAQ for OP to put in his OP despite the one on his site. But it seems like the same questions get asked regardless lol.

I made a website especially for this : having everything centralized at one place. But apparently people can't read

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Once again about the battery issue: I should be fine as long as I charge my Switch to 100% on Horizon then plug in my charger immediately after booting Lakka and keep it in there until I'm done playing, am I right?

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once again about the battery issue: I should be fine as long as I charge my Switch to 100% on Horizon then plug in my charger immediately after booting Lakka and keep it in there until I'm done playing, am I right?

No. It will reduce it, but it's still going to be present.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
No, booting lakka/linux will trigger the battery issue and there is no workaround found yet. Only opening up the switch and disconnecting the battery seems to fix the problem.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
No. It will reduce it, but it's still going to be present.
No, booting lakka/linux will trigger the battery issue and there is no workaround found yet. Only opening up the switch and disconnecting the battery seems to fix the problem.
Well, I guess I'm staying away from Lakka as far as possible until a solution gets announced...

seeyew_soon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I look at it, I can fix physical problems with my Switch, but I can't fix banned XD
For that reason Lakka is great if you wanna have fun with your system, but want to reduce the risk of some modification being detected and receiving a ban. Not much is known about how bans will be handed out of course, just my 2¢ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Letting the battery drain in Horizon until the Switch shuts down and then booting into Linux and let the battery drain until it shuts down there, might fix the desync issue. At least that's what a GBATemp user reported.

seeyew_soon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letting the battery drain in Horizon until the Switch shuts down and then booting into Linux and let the battery drain until it shuts down there, might fix the desync issue. At least that's what a GBATemp user reported.

Or you can try the official Nintendo method, charge your Switch and run it dry 3x XD

I don't think that actually works, but I happen to share office space with Nintendo Support & asked the "official" solution

Reactions: Centergaming

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can try the official Nintendo method, charge your Switch and run it dry 3x XD

I don't think that actually works, but I happen to share office space with Nintendo Support & asked the "official" solution

The Nintendo method isn't worth it in my opinion, takes at least 10 hours maybe more. I rather unplug and plug the cable from the battery Lol XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe