Hardware Lack of analog triggers... How doth one cope with such a predicament?

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You see, my problem is that I bought Need For Speed Most Wanted U on this piece of hardware. Sure, some say it is the 'definitive' console version of the game. However, as it stands, the lack of analog triggers is really putting me off.

Is there, or will there be a way to use a 360, or PS3 controller on Wii U to circumvent this omission?

I've heard of the nasty analogue stick mapping, but at the cost of the camera control.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see, my problem is that I bought Need For Speed Most Wanted U on this piece of hardware. Sure, some say it is the ''definitive'' console version of the game. However, as it stands, the lack of analog triggers is really putting me off.

Is there, or will there be a way to use a 360, or PS3 controller on Wii U to circumvent this omission?
No theres no way because just like every other console there is only the manufactures remote that will work although if the wii u was hacked in the wii u mode than yeah, other than that you have to get a third party controller that has anolog triggers. Personally I hate anolog triggers for racing games and especially for FPS because I'm use to pressing a button half wy while still getting a precise move.

Reactions: Green

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Let's say for the sake of argument that there will be some kind of adapter in the future, and you'll be able to use PS360 controller or a generic one.
It might be possible after all.
But then, how would the game itself know that there are analog triggers, if it isn't specifically programmed to accept that kind of input ?
Your best bet could be a Wii U emulator in the distant future where the user could remap every control to his liking, but then again, it might be better to pick up a different version of the game if analog triggers are that important to you.
I'm sure the game is fine and perfectly playable without it.

So the answer in no. For the purpose you have in mind, it'll never gonna happen.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
the analog triggers of the gamecube controllers have a value range of 0x00 to 0x96 (if i remember correctly) in the ram.
the wii u does not know this range for the shoulder buttons anymore.
would you use any other controller with analog triggers, the game would behave as like as before.
and as Arm73 said, if a future possibilty for using analog triggers will be done, a game without analog trigger support could probably not use the analog triggers in the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1