Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried installing an nsp with Goldtree through usb, and my switch instantly shutdown, what did I do wrong?

I rebooted and now I have a weird icon :huh:

Last edited by Asia81,

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried installing an nsp with Goldtree through usb, and my switch instantly shutdown, what did I do wrong?

the icon is just the corrupted nsp you tried to install. you could try and reinstall it throught usb, and if it fails again you'll likely end up installing it throught the "traditional" way, by copying the nsp on your sdcard. This happened to me too, sigh

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't know if it's related to Kosmos or Nx Themes... if i use a custom theme, other layeredFS files (mods) won't load until i completely uninstall the theme, reinstall the mod and reinstall Kosmos

Last edited by Nastas95,

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i boot hekate then try to boot cfw it says theres no cfw? do i need to provide one and put it somewhere? I'm trying to change from having reinx and i just took the latest files and replaced whatever was in my sd card.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i boot hekate then try to boot cfw it says theres no cfw? do i need to provide one and put it somewhere? I'm trying to change from having reinx and i just took the latest files and replaced whatever was in my sd card.
What exactly do you mean? When you launch the "CFW" options it tells you there is no "CFW"?
Did it work for you? I couldn’t load more than 1 kip without the switch failing to boot?
Whatever you're trying to launch takes up too much RAM - Sysmodules have very very limited access to it so you can't really run that much at the same time.

ReiNX loads less of Atmosphere, this is a double sided sword as on the one hand it means that there is a (tiny) bit more RAM for sysmodules but on the other part vital parts of atmosphere aren't getting loaded - I still don't fully get what you're trying to load with such huge consumption as I would guess that most developers of sysmodules know that they are limited and hopefully don't take all of it but that's another thing

the icon is just the corrupted nsp you tried to install. you could try and reinstall it throught usb, and if it fails again you'll likely end up installing it throught the "traditional" way, by copying the nsp on your sdcard. This happened to me too, sigh
The one to ask would probably be @XorTroll

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ReiNX loads less of Atmosphere, this is a double sided sword as on the one hand it means that there is a (tiny) bit more RAM for sysmodules but on the other part vital parts of atmosphere aren't getting loaded - I still don't fully get what you're trying to load with such huge consumption as I would guess that most developers of sysmodules know that they are limited and hopefully don't take all of it but that's another thing

I was trying to load sys-ftp and ldm-mitm. It wasn’t hugely important to get these to work, it was just for convenience sake.

Is there somewhere that I can read up the differences between reinx and atmosphere? I’ve always been curious because after using both, I haven’t noticed a significant difference in either performance or stability.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I want to try out the autorcm mode with hekate. Now my question is...how can i completely shutdown the console when autorcm is enabled? Should i hold the power button for 12 seconds when i'm in rcm mode or should i choose the power off option in the hekate bootloader? Sry for the bad english.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to try out the autorcm mode with hekate. Now my question is...how can i completely shutdown the console when autorcm is enabled? Should i hold the power button for 12 seconds when i'm in rcm mode or should i choose the power off option in the hekate bootloader? Sry for the bad english.
That's down to personal preference really. If you have a way of injecting payloads on hand, going the Hekate route is much more definitive. If not, holding the power button for 12 seconds in RCM will ensure it not only turns off but stays off.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• IMG_20190114_000328.jpg
    IMG_20190114_000328.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between this and atmosphere. Also on first page why does it have to bullet points. 1.atmosphere and 2. Full atmosphere? Sounds like I might as well just keep using atmosphere. No offence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN